Last post by Agnostic Pope
Yesterday 11:38 PM
19 Replies, 1,326 Views
» Promotion

Old 11-09-2009, 06:52 AM   #1
pwnophobia
Sophisticated Pirate

1 vs 100 (XBL) Season 2 Announcement

1 vs 100 Season 2 has been announced and it'll be coming to XBL on November 19th at 5:00 PM PT. How do you become the One or get into the Mob? Its simple. The higher your weekly and season score the more likely you'll get to play for Microsoft points and prizes.

If answering questions to become the One isn't enough incentive for you, the game is getting a few updates including having the One walk down the isle and strike a pose before the game begins!

Quote:
The higher your score, the higher your chances of being chosen as “The One,” or “The Mob.” Being “the One” is exciting and intense! So, if you’re chosen as “the One” in “1 vs 100” Season 2, Xbox LIVE will automatically change your status to “Busy.” You’ll also enjoy more time in the spotlight – “the One” will strike a pose at the top of the stairs before strolling down to center stage.

Beginning on November 19, “1 vs 100 Extended Play” will feature brand new themed trivia every weeknight including “Finish the Lyrics” (are you a Karaoke champ? What’s the next line in this song?), “80s” (how well do you know the 80s?), and “Vampires” (you love Twilight and True Blood. How much do you really know about vampires?)
Full Press Release after the break.

Last edited by pwnophobia; 11-09-2009 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: typo
pwnophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:52 AM   #2
pwnophobia
Sophisticated Pirate

The “1 vs 100” Season 2 Season Premiere - starring YOU!
Quote:
Your Avatar is dressed to the nines. The crowd is restless and ready to win. The spotlight shines on you when the host calls your name. Are you ready to play “1 vs 100” on Xbox LIVE? The entertainment phenomenon that took Xbox LIVE by storm is hitting your Xbox 360 again with Season 2 of “1 vs 100” on Xbox LIVE!

Based on Endemol’s hit TV game show, Xbox has pioneered a completely new genre of entertainment. Bringing together the best of television show experiences and interactive video games, “1 vs 100” Season 2 on Xbox LIVE will again feature Chris Cashman as the comedic live host everyone has come to love, all-new fresh trivia, and more real prizes.

“1 vs 100” Season 2 will run for 14 weeks and bring you new and exciting features. Get the inside scoop (and a jump start on the questions) by answering the following:

Question 1: “1 vs 100” Season 2 will premier on Xbox LIVE:
A: November 19, 2009 at 5:00 pm PT
B: November 24, 2009 at 5:00 pm PT
C: New Years Eve at 5:00 pm PT

Question 2: In “1 vs 100” Season 2, your chances of taking center stage are cooler than ever. During “1 vs 100 Live” shows, “The One” and “The Mob” will be selected based on:
A: Score, speed, accuracy, and number of Achievements you’ve earned.
B: Score, score, score – totals across the Season, the week and the round!
C: How many pigeons you have in your back yard.

The answer to question one is…. A: November 19 at 5:00 pm PT!
The answer to question two is…..B: Score, score, score – totals across the Season, the week and the round!

The higher your score, the higher your chances of being chosen as “The One,” or “The Mob.” Being “the One” is exciting and intense! So, if you’re chosen as “the One” in “1 vs 100” Season 2, Xbox LIVE will automatically change your status to “Busy.” You’ll also enjoy more time in the spotlight – “the One” will strike a pose at the top of the stairs before strolling down to center stage.

Beginning on November 19, “1 vs 100 Extended Play” will feature brand new themed trivia every weeknight including “Finish the Lyrics” (are you a Karaoke champ? What’s the next line in this song?), “80s” (how well do you know the 80s?), and “Vampires” (you love Twilight and True Blood. How much do you really know about vampires?)

We let the Xbox LIVE community speak for itself – on average more than half a million unique contestants competed in “1 vs 100” every single week during the 15 week Beta season of “1 vs 100,” which launched on June 1, 2009. Up to 114,000 people in the US and Canada, and 79,000 people in the UK and Ireland competed simultaneously in “1 vs 100 Live” shows. Microsoft even awarded nearly two million Microsoft points as prizes during the Beta season! “1 vs 100” was also downloaded nearly three million times making it one of the top 10 most downloaded pieces of content on Xbox LIVE to date.

So read up on your current events, and see you at the premiere of “1 vs 100” Season 2! Tune in next week for more details…
Old 11-09-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
prence
Evil Dead

Never shall I forget the embarrassment of not knowing who won the Oscar for best picture in 1978. DAMN YOU ANNIE HALL AND DAMN YOU 1v100!@#
prence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:48 AM   #4
T-Dawg
Lord

While I enjoy the game, I don't think they need to introduce additional delays between rounds. I'd rather be able to just jump into the game rather than watch someone's avatar preen down a virtual stage.
T-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #5
jigsawhc
gamer

Going with a purely score base system for picking players is not going to encourage casual players to that otherwise might jump in occassionally (like me). Since I'll not have much of a weekly score it is not very likely I'll get picked or the mob. So, what is the point in playing if I'm not going to have a shot at winning something?
Old 11-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #6
felix
Soul Reaper

I started playing this pretty late in the game, and my wife and I really started having some fun with it. After the season was over we switched to Scene It, which is pretty fun too. I thought I won some things, but never received any emails regarding it.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #7
donkeydrop
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsawhc View Post
Going with a purely score base system for picking players is not going to encourage casual players to that otherwise might jump in occassionally (like me). Since I'll not have much of a weekly score it is not very likely I'll get picked or the mob. So, what is the point in playing if I'm not going to have a shot at winning something?
The score in the current game seems to be weighted quite highly, so you don't have to have played that much to be chosen. I got into the mob in the third game I played.
donkeydrop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1 v 100, xbl