Last post by Hagetaka
Today 09:39 AM
25 Replies, 2,917 Views
» Promotion

Old 08-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
modeps
Get busy living.

Sith Warrior, Unmasked

The official site for Star Wars: The Old Republic has been updated today with more information on The Sith Warrior. Head on over to the full site for details and wallpapers.

Quote:
An unstoppable force of darkness, the Sith Warrior is entrusted with the task of destroying the Empire’s enemies and enforcing Sith domination across the galaxy. The Warrior channels the destructive emotions of fear, anger, and hatred to purge weakness from body and mind and become a being of pure, brutal efficiency.

Destined to eradicate the incompetent chaos created by the Jedi, the Sith seek to rule the galaxy through power and intimidation. The armies of the Sith Empire are trained to accomplish this task, but they require the leadership of bold Sith Warriors—loyal and mighty overlords—who will drive them to conquest and victory.
modeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
Sasori the Medic
Evil Dead

This may be the upcoming game I'm most excited about. Looks SWEET.
Sasori the Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
Pitpig
Soul Reaper

Can't wait to play this one. Maybe I should preemptively schedule marriage counseling three months after release.
Pitpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
brandonjclark
Subscriber

I took a closer look at the Sith lore in the post and wondered, "Is this really what the Sith are about"?

They're entrusted with the task of destroying the Empire's enemies? Really? Isn't there something deeper and more lore-heavy than that? Aren't they just killing off people opposing the Empire only because the Sith Lord is controlling the Empire? What enemies would they be tasked with destroying if the Sith Lord wasn't in control of the Empire, but a planet? Seems a bit contrived.

Also, what's up with the "incompetent chaos" line? That doesn't make sense at all. If anything the Sith are about bring chaos to the mix, whilst the Jedi are about bringing peace and order.

WTF? Am I wrong?
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:46 PM   #5
PopoWRX
Oghren's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
I took a closer look at the Sith lore in the post and wondered, "Is this really what the Sith are about"?

They're entrusted with the task of destroying the Empire's enemies? Really? Isn't there something deeper and more lore-heavy than that? Aren't they just killing off people opposing the Empire only because the Sith Lord is controlling the Empire? What enemies would they be tasked with destroying if the Sith Lord wasn't in control of the Empire, but a planet? Seems a bit contrived.

Also, what's up with the "incompetent chaos" line? That doesn't make sense at all. If anything the Sith are about bring chaos to the mix, whilst the Jedi are about bringing peace and order.

WTF? Am I wrong?
I guess that is something from their warped point of view. Most bad guys don't see themselves as bad guys right? So I'm guessing they want to instill more "order" (read dictatorship) then the Jedi seem to be "enforcing".
PopoWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #6
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopoWRX View Post
I guess that is something from their warped point of view. Most bad guys don't see themselves as bad guys right? So I'm guessing they want to instill more "order" (read dictatorship) then the Jedi seem to be "enforcing".

I could buy that, I guess.

Although I'm pretty sure the Sith know they're evil!
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:49 AM   #7
earthworm48
Evil Dead

How will the loot work then re: Lightsabers? I mean will you be getting constantly better lightsabers with higher stats? If so, wont that look a little boring?
Old 08-29-2009, 06:58 AM   #8
Antimony
Dread Lord

I would imagine they'd do it the way KOTOR did it, new power crystals for your lightsaber instead of constantly getting a whole new saber. Maybe with a story event where your saber is destroyed leading to a fancy new hilt.
Antimony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:55 AM   #9
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Also, what's up with the "incompetent chaos" line? That doesn't make sense at all.
WTF? Am I wrong?
Its probably a typo. "Incontinence chaos" is what the jedi caused. Im glad I wont be cleaning up the universe.