Last post by Agnostic Pope
Yesterday 05:29 PM
45 Replies, 2,873 Views
» Promotion

Old 07-26-2009, 07:52 AM   #1
modeps
Get busy living.

New Left 4 Dead 2 Gameplay Videos

Coming out of SDCC is 4 new videos featuring Left 4 Dead 2's newest campaign reveal, Swamp Fever. Three of 'em let you take a look at gameplay mostly, while the fourth is a "What's New Interview"

Click the headline to check out the vids.
modeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:52 AM   #2
modeps
Get busy living.

modeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
Scaledriver
Squire

Friendly fire with that grenade launcher on expert is going to be hilarious.
Scaledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
lockwoodx
Photobomber

They were painful to watch but here are some comments.

Please tell me this was the console version because those molotov graphics looked like crap and the rest of it just like L4D1. All the annoying "tool tips" floating around the middle of your screen when you would get near anything would drive me nuts.

Also, lol at the large infected flying back 20ft and doing a barrel roll after 1 smack with the frying pan in video 1 and again in 3. Sniper gun was fun because it use to take skill. Semi-auto is just easy mode. Not feeling the love for this title at all. Instead more like a cash grab.

To be proactive after that criticism I will suggest a few thing that would help.

1. Make the maps free
2. Sell a DLC zombie pack that comes with all the new infected for 5$
3. Sell a Character DLC pack that comes with 1 new victim and 1 new weapon for 5$

Then if the buy all the new content is costs 25$ and people won't feel ripped off, or they can pick and choose what content they want and Valve goes back to looking like a company that cares about the customer.

my 2 cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
Isamura
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post

Please tell me this was the console version because those molotov graphics looked like crap and the rest of it just like L4D1. All the annoying "tool tips" floating around the middle of your screen when you would get near anything would drive me nuts.
I think it was the Xbox 360 version, because at one point it said press "y" to switch weapons or something.

I really thought they were going to make this a little more distinct from the first, but it looks like they have similar zombies and weapons plus a few more.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
Scaledriver
Squire

L4D is the best Co-op game ever made. Can anybody name a game that does Co-op better than this?

Maybe I haven't played enough games if this is considered not worth the money.
Scaledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaledriver View Post
L4D is the best Co-op game ever made. Can anybody name a game that does Co-op better than this?

Maybe I haven't played enough games if this is considered not worth the money.

Ironically both games have the same depth.
Quote:
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
Old 07-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
Ebon Deth
Dread Lord

Quote:

Also, lol at the large infected flying back 20ft and doing a barrel roll after 1 smack with the frying pan in video 1 and again in 3. Sniper gun was fun because it use to take skill. Semi-auto is just easy mode. Not feeling the love for this title at all. Instead more like a cash grab.

To be proactive after that criticism I will suggest a few thing that would help.

1. Make the maps free
3. Sell a Character DLC pack that comes with 1 new victim and 1 new weapon for 5$

Then if the buy all the new content is costs 25$ and people won't feel ripped off, or they can pick and choose what content they want and Valve goes back to looking like a company that cares about the customer.

my 2 cents
I miss gamers.
Ebon Deth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #9
vallancian
Evil Dead

cant wait to play this it looks more and more interesting with every bit of footage i see XD
vallancian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #10
InfiniteAmmo
Evil Dead

Quote:

1. Make the maps free

my 2 cents
So all you're saying is that you're one of those people who are butthurt over Valve's "undelivered promises" about L4D1.

Get over it. That discussion has been over for a week. We all agreed to disagree. You may be simmering in a stew of hate for the game--but keep it to yourself. Valve could say that L4D2 comes with a check for $50 and you guys still wouldn't be happy.

Personally, I can't wait for L4D2, and will be buying it launch day--or earlier, if Valve will be letting preorders play in a Beta.
-IA
STEAM: Infinite Ammo
InfiniteAmmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #11
Vacatakarat
Dread Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteAmmo View Post
Valve could say that L4D2 comes with a check for $50 and you guys still wouldn't be happy.
That's essentially them giving the game out for free (if you buy the PC version). So hurr durr, people sure do hate getting free stuff.
Vacatakarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:17 AM   #12
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
You may be simmering in a stew of hate for the game--but keep it to yourself.
You seriously fail at forums. You know that place where people go to share opinions on the topic at hand? Didn't think so...
Quote:
Old 07-27-2009, 06:21 AM   #13
yutt
Evil Dead

Quote:
So all you're saying is that you're one of those people who are butthurt over Valve's "undelivered promises" about L4D1.

Get over it. That discussion has been over for a week. We all agreed to disagree. You may be simmering in a stew of hate for the game--but keep it to yourself.
Go eat a dick. He has as much right to respectfully voice his opinion as you. You don't get to set a deadline for positions that disagree with yours.

Quote:
Valve could say that L4D2 comes with a check for $50 and you guys still wouldn't be happy.-IA
Oh hey, making up fabrications for other peoples' argument is intelligent. I guess you have trouble debating the merit of his actual criticisms if you have to resort to this.

InfiniteAmmo's told me he would enjoy L4D2 more if it didn't have so many non-whites. Look I can make shit up too! Did I win this argument?

How about we all make up the most absurd claims of the opposing position and whichever is least based in reality wins?
yutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #14
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by yutt View Post
InfiniteAmmo's told me he would enjoy L4D2 more if it didn't have so many non-whites. Look I can make shit up too! Did I win this argument?
Great now you've got me to go back and watch the videos again because this comment sparked my curiosity. For a theme setting down in the swamps... all the zombies are mysteriously caucasian. Yes technically they are "gray" but obvious distinct features make it pretty easy to tell the difference when looking for it.

That's just wrong.
Quote:
Old 07-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #15
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Victim #1: Ok first we are going to hit that house over there. 30 seconds to grab whatever you can then meet outside and no splitting up. Use the buddy system.

Victim #2: Should be easy enough. In and out is just how I like it.

Victim #3: *GLARES*

Victim #1: After that we make a run for the gas station to fuel up the truck. Check your fire around the pumps I don't want anything happening like back in Morgan City.

Victim #2: I told you girl just squeeze the trigger gently. Don't let it walk on you.

Victim #3: *nods*

Victim #1: Last but not least, I heard the owner of the BBQ Hut was a bit of a nut case and has a secret bomb shelter under it. Any cache of weapo...

Victim #3: Woah woah....The bbq hut? BOY ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!?! THAT PLACE WILL BE CRAWLING WITH THEM AND THE DAM ZOMBIE INVASION HASNT EVEN STARTED YET.

Victim #4: Well it was your idea to run these drills in case there ever was a zombie invasion. You just don't want your wife to catch you running around playing gi-joes.
Quote:
Old 07-27-2009, 11:27 AM   #16
Venkman
Evil Dead

Quote:

1. Make the maps free
You would still find something to complain about, though. So they might as well make some money off people who aren't cheap ass babies.

Quote:
The vocal ~1 percent of their user base that signed the juvenile petition would still feel hurt.

Quote:
my 2 cents
If you spent more time saving your "2 cents" and put it towards the cost of the game, perhaps you could just buy the thing and not have to worry about complaining about it all the time.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #17
CoachCrazyMcScot
The Wheels on the Bus....

Quote:
You just don't want your wife to catch you running around playing gi-joes.
I don't see a problem, here.

GO JOE!!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:05 PM   #18
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
You would still find something to complain about, though. So they might as well make some money off people who aren't cheap ass babies.
As it was stated earlier... People don't typically complain about free things lol. People DO complain when valve says they will be free and changes their mind, cleverly hiding it inside a new box at full price.

Enjoy the game for what it's worth. Just as several people came to the conclusion with L4D1, it won't be worth much at all without continued support.
Quote:
Old 07-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #19
DeathtollWRX
Entaro Adun!

1. Game that does co op well... Double Dragon, Gears of War 1/2 Halos most new first person shooters.... Resident Evil 5
2. If you don't want the game just don't buy it
3. Yes it doesnt look much different but it doesn't matter, I'm sure it will make more money in 1 day than you will make your entire life.
DeathtollWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #20
yutt
Evil Dead

Quote:
The vocal ~1 percent of their user base that signed the juvenile petition would still feel hurt.
Yes, people who disagree with me are always in the minority! I always represent the majority opinion, and further the majority opinion is always correct!

Let us not discuss the merit of our positions, let me simple state this:

Me: Majority and Correct.
You: Minority and Wrong.

See how easy that is? No need for data or rational discussion, I simply state who is correct, and that is me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathtollWRX View Post
3. Yes it doesnt look much different but it doesn't matter, I'm sure it will make more money in 1 day than you will make your entire life.
What the hell sort of argument is that? GM will also make more money in one day than anyone here will make in their entire life. That doesn't make them a profitable company.

People resort to the craziest nonsense when they get in these discussions. It's like you just start keysmashing gibberish because you can't deal with the fact people disagree with you about something.
yutt is offline   Reply With Quote