Last post by IveGotThatWiperFluid
Today 04:17 PM
4 Replies, 442 Views
» Promotion

Old 07-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
modeps
Get busy living.

Xbox Summer of Arcade Schedule

The titles were announced at E3, but now we've got dates and prices to go along with them. I wish that Shadow Complex was coming out much sooner than the end of August... but at least I'm on vacation that week.

Quote:
July 22: Splosion Man™ 800 Microsoft Points
(Twisted Pixel Games/Microsoft): Fools they were, to tread where knowledge should stay forbidden. For what emerged was not a man - it was a Splosion Man. "And all who saw him were sploded, for he was the fire and they were but meat." Able to splode himself at will, the Splosion Man launches his way through levels as an uncontainable force. From Twisted Pixel Games, developer of the award winning The Maw™, Splosion Man will keep you on your toes as you play through more than 50 single-player levels and 50 multiplayer levels. Nominated by GameSpy, Gamespot, IGN, and 411mania, this meat-riddled splosion-fest took several Best of E3 awards including Best Platformer and Best Downloadable Game.

July 29: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 1200 Microsoft Points
(Backbone Entertainment/Capcom): One of the most popular fighting games of all time, “Marvel vs. Capcom 2,” arrives worldwide on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Choose from 56 legendary characters from Marvel Comics and Capcom history, including Ryu and Wolverine. With online multiplayer over Xbox LIVE and enhanced HD graphics, decide your own dream team in the ultimate tag-team fighting experience.

August 5: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™: Turtles in Time Re-shelled 1200 Microsoft Points
(Ubisoft Singapore®/Ubisoft®): Cowabunga dude! Marking the franchise’s 25 anniversary, everyone's favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game is back with a brand new look in “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled.” The arcade classic has been revamped with all new 3D graphics, but the same classic beat 'em up gameplay.

August 12: Trials HD 1200 Microsoft Points
(RedLynx/Microsoft): Nominated for GameSpy’s Best Downloadable Game of E3 award, “Trials HD” is guaranteed to get our heart racing.” Put on your helmet, and rev your way through “Trials HD,” a full-featured, physics-based motorcycle racing platformer in stunning HD graphics. Tear up more than 50 tracks and test your metal in two unique game modes: Race and Skill. Create, share and download an unlimited number of free tracks with the level editor, and customize your rider to fit your personality.

August 19: Shadow Complex 1200 Microsoft Points
(Chair Entertainment and Epic Games/Microsoft): Winner of numerous Best of E3 awards including Best Downloadable Game from 1UP, IGN, GameTrailers and G4TV, “Shadow Complex” is the next evolution in downloadable games. “Shadow Complex” marries the quality and depth of a full retail title with the stunning visuals of Epic Games’ industry-leading Unreal Engine 3, and a classic side-scroller. Set in the world of Orson Scott Card’s best-selling novel, “Empire,” Shadow Complex provides more than 10 hours of in-depth gameplay and introduces a compelling universe
UPDATE: Looks like they've swapped two titles in the schedule... Splosion Man is first now, lets get that cheap stuff out of the way first!
modeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
Pnikosis
Evil Dead

Like someone said, 1200 is the new 800.
Shadow Complex is a day 1 buy for me. The others... uhm... maybe maybe...
Pnikosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
prence
Evil Dead

I won't lie, I want to play every single one of these.
prence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
jdc
Reaper

I saw a video of Turtles in Time Re-shelled and I'm not too fond of the 3D art, I wonder if there'll be an option to play with the original art.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
Zander
Evil Dead

Shit, I want almost all of these. God, this makes me almost for the time when all XBLA games were complete ass.

ALMOST.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
shadow763
Tarnished Optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc View Post
I saw a video of Turtles in Time Re-shelled and I'm not too fond of the 3D art, I wonder if there'll be an option to play with the original art.
Why not just buy the original version? Its five bucks I think
Old 07-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #7
jdc
Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow763 View Post
Why not just buy the original version? Its five bucks I think
I did buy the original. Turtles in Time Re-shelled is a remake of the sequel.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #8
NuK
Evil Dead

splosion man is a day 1 buy for me.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
jmonthedude
Squire

I really wish microsoft would have lowered the price of their hard drives. In order for me to download these games I am going to have to upgrade my current HDD.
jmonthedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #10
Earth Djinn
Evil Dead

Turtles in Time, MvC2 and Shadow Complex are all guaranteed purchases for me, and Ill certainly try the demos of the other two.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #11
gzsfrk
Punch, brothers, punch!

1200 points for almost all of these? INCLUDING the TMNT:TiT remake? C'mon, Microsoft... you're defeating the purpose of XBLA here by letting the prices of these games creep past what I can get tons of great pre-owned DISC-based games for (which I also have the option of re-selling at any time and getting some of my money back). I want to see some acknowledgement by MS of the fact that digital distribution of games is tremendously advantageous to the publisher and much less so to the customer. Sure, it's convenient to download a title rather than go to a game shop or wait for Amazon to deliver. But it's NOT so convenient if you ever need to switch over to a new 360. (Ask me how I know. Or how I've known THREE TIMES now.)

MvC2 is the ONLY game in that list that I would think could at all justify a $15 price tag. (Which is good, because rumor was that it was actually going to cost as much as $20.) But even at that price, I probably won't be picking it up. Splosion Man is probably the only one I'm probably going to get (will decide once I've played the Trial version).
gzsfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #12
Gaz
Bemani til I die

Trials HD costs only $5 more than 2 but has more content, Shadow Complex is 10 hours worth of gameplay with plenty of replay value, Splosion Man is reasonably priced for the content at 800 points, MvC2 is a full on fighting game and... well, TMNT is the only one I can't justify the price for, an arcade remake at 1200 is a little too high for me, but if it's done well it'd still be worth it.

So yeah, the prices are fine in my books. Content is getting more ambitious rather than simply going up in price. I'd rather have -good- 1200 point games than all the shitty 800 point and 400 point remakes that used to flood XBLA.
Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #13
Sasori the Medic
Evil Dead

What bothers me the most about the new 1200 point pricing is that they almost never bring the games down to 800. If they want to charge the early adopters a little more who absolutely must have a game, that's fine. A little shitty, but understandable. After a while though you should lower it to 800. I just don't understand how raising prices is a good strategy in the midst of a recession. The quality of an Arcade title is almost always subpar as well. Why is the price going up? It took six months for Castle Crashers to fix its problems. I tried the trial version of Battlefield 1943 and can't even get past the menu screen because it fails to connect to EA's servers.

Really Microsoft? I mean, really?
Sasori the Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #14
Tintivilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzsfrk View Post
1200 points for almost all of these? INCLUDING the TMNT:TiT remake? C'mon, Microsoft... you're defeating the purpose of XBLA here by letting the prices of these games creep past what I can get tons of great pre-owned DISC-based games for (which I also have the option of re-selling at any time and getting some of my money back). I want to see some acknowledgement by MS of the fact that digital distribution of games is tremendously advantageous to the publisher and much less so to the customer. Sure, it's convenient to download a title rather than go to a game shop or wait for Amazon to deliver. But it's NOT so convenient if you ever need to switch over to a new 360. (Ask me how I know. Or how I've known THREE TIMES now.)

MvC2 is the ONLY game in that list that I would think could at all justify a $15 price tag. (Which is good, because rumor was that it was actually going to cost as much as $20.) But even at that price, I probably won't be picking it up. Splosion Man is probably the only one I'm probably going to get (will decide once I've played the Trial version).

Totally agree!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #15
Tennebaum
Lord

Can't wait for Turtles in Time. So many good childhood memories of playing this with my friends on the SNES.
Shadow Complex looks interesting. Let's see if the trial can persuade me.
Tennebaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #16
Major Scud
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Djinn View Post
Turtles in Time, MvC2 and Shadow Complex are all guaranteed purchases for me, and Ill certainly try the demos of the other two.
I whole heartedly agree with this purchasing strategy.
Major Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #17
Fattydah
Lord

For anyone complaining about 1200 ms points being to much for the games; do you live on your parent's money or something? Do you have an allowance? Because last I heard 15 bucks is not a lot of money for a video game, despite it being a remake or not.

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but it's annoying to here the same complaints every time this topic is brought up.
Fattydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #18
gzsfrk
Punch, brothers, punch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattydah View Post
For anyone complaining about 1200 ms points being to much for the games; do you live on your parent's money or something? Do you have an allowance? Because last I heard 15 bucks is not a lot of money for a video game, despite it being a remake or not.

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but it's annoying to here the same complaints every time this topic is brought up.
I complain because I want to see XBLA primarily remain the domain of games in the $5 to $10 range, with $15 and higher being the exception, not the rule.

And for your information, it was MUCH easier for me to buy most any game I wanted when I was a teenager living at home because that was ALL I HAD TO SPEND MY MONEY ON. Now I have a family, bills, retirement (or at least I did), and more bills, with FAR LESS income to spend on disposable interests and hobbies.

I don't know what world you live on where $15 is an insignificant amount of money, but if they're hiring, let me know.
gzsfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #19
Fattydah
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzsfrk View Post
I complain because I want to see XBLA primarily remain the domain of games in the $5 to $10 range, with $15 and higher being the exception, not the rule.

And for your information, it was MUCH easier for me to buy most any game I wanted when I was a teenager living at home because that was ALL I HAD TO SPEND MY MONEY ON. Now I have a family, bills, retirement (or at least I did), and more bills, with FAR LESS income to spend on disposable interests and hobbies.

I don't know what world you live on where $15 is an insignificant amount of money, but if they're hiring, let me know.
Heh, well I agree with you on that. Though I always saw games as an indulgence, and 15 dollars for an indulgence seems like little money to me, especially when other things to blow money on such as a nice night out with the Miss's (misses?) runs about 100 to 150 bucks.
Fattydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #20
ScottBravesFan
Reaper

Splosion man looks really cool like the old school 2D platformers I grew up on. I want that day 1 for sure. Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is a buy as well I still play my PS2 version and one with online play is going to be awesome. The Ninja Turtles game looks cool as well.

I'm interested in Shadow Complex but that novel it was based on Empire was awful.
ScottBravesFan is offline   Reply With Quote