Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 03:10 PM
54 Replies, 3,770 Views
» Promotion

Old 03-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
Virtuoso
Yes we did, bitches.

Mythic Tweaks Aspects of Warhammer Online

Another round of changes are coming to the PVP focused Warhammer Online.

Quote:
Patch 1.2 brought many changes to crafting in Warhammer Online. The biggest change is that it paired up two different gathering skills for each main crafting profession and introduced dozens of new items. Part one of Mythic's feature on the new crafting system gives us a look at Apothecary and its two supportive gathering skills, Cultivation and Butchering.

Those with the Apothecary crafting skill can create potions and armour dyes. There are three basic parts to making a potion: a container, main ingredient (which comes from Cultivation or Butchering), and stabilizer. You can replace one or two of the stabilizers with a special ingredient that will augment your potions (stronger, longer durations, more quantities, etc.). However, not using enough stabilizers will make the potion volatile and potentially fail.

Cultivation is a gathering skill for all the green thumbs out there. You basically need a seed, some soil, and water to create a plant. The nice part about this gathering skill is that it is self-sustaining since you can harvest new seeds from your own plants. Butchering will appeal to the hunter-gatherers. You kill an animal and sift through its entrails for all sorts of goodies that might enhance your potions.

Stay tuned for part two, which will probably cover Talisman Making, Salvaging, and Scavenging.
Virtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

I love WAR but the craft system has always been horrible. I will even say it is going to remain that way after this...
Old 03-13-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
balamoor
Evil Dead

Actually these are much welcomed tweaks... and Massivley portrays them as such...but way to make it sound as negative as possible Virt.

It's funny some MMO's can ass rape an entire core component and the it will be presented as the most positive thing possible....Mythic bust their asses and actually communicates with their audience and It's yet another round of changes for the "PVP focused" (making it sound like a gank or die game which it isn't) Warhammer
Old 03-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
Virtuoso
Yes we did, bitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balamoor View Post
Actually these are much welcomed tweaks... and Massivley portrays them as such...but way to make it sound as negative as possible Virt.

It's funny some MMO's can ass rape an entire core component and the it will be presented as the most positive thing possible....Mythic bust their asses and actually communicates with their audience and It's yet another round of changes for the "PVP focused" (making it sound like a gank or die game which it isn't) Warhammer
How did I make it sound negative? I don't play the game, and have no vested interest in its future. I was just being matter-of-fact.

And isn't it PVP focused? I thought the whole point of the game was RvR gameplay.
Virtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote