Last post by Agnostic Pope
Yesterday 05:29 PM
45 Replies, 2,934 Views
» Promotion

Old 03-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
Virtuoso
Yes we did, bitches.

Classified Data Released on P2P

Marine One, the President's Helicopter, has been a closely guarded secret for, well, forever. Until now.

Quote:
Classified information about the communications, navigation and management electronics on Marine One, the helicopter now used by President Barack Obama, were reportedly discovered in a publicly available shared folder on a computer in Tehran, Iran, after apparently being accidentally leaked over a peer-to-peer file-sharing network last summer.

The classified file appears to have been leaked from a computer belonging to a Bethesda, Md., military contractor and was discovered Thursday by Tiversa Inc., a Cranberry Township, Pa.-based P2P monitoring services provider. P2P networks are widely used to share music, video and data files over the Internet.
Could this lead to a crackdown on P2P clients, or closer tracking of IPs and the like?
Virtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
balamoor
Evil Dead

First off Virtuoso....even though we sometimes disagree, you are the hardest working person on the EA team way to crank out a constant stream of info dude.

As for P2P all of this is going to be cracked down on very soon I'm afraid, the Wild West days of the Interwebs are coming to a close.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
Virtuoso
Yes we did, bitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balamoor View Post
First off Virtuoso....even though we sometimes disagree, you are the hardest working person on the EA team way to crank out a constant stream of info dude.

As for P2P all of this is going to be cracked down on very soon I'm afraid, the Wild West days of the Interwebs are coming to a close.
Thanks, but I can vouch for the rest of the guys and how hard they work

Regardless, I fear the same thing you do.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
Larnek
Subscriber

And when that happens, do we as the informed netgeeks go underground and rise up against the man? Hopefully about the same time that magic returns to the world? A little steam, a few punks.. ehh?
I always wonder about the future of the internet. Can it really be monitored and controlled to such an extent as the rest of the world? Or will there be like cyber hoodlums or something?
Old 03-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #5
Virtuoso
Yes we did, bitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larnek View Post
And when that happens, do we as the informed netgeeks go underground and rise up against the man? Hopefully about the same time that magic returns to the world? A little steam, a few punks.. ehh?
I always wonder about the future of the internet. Can it really be monitored and controlled to such an extent as the rest of the world? Or will there be like cyber hoodlums or something?
They will arise.... and the saviors of the internet will be called....

4CHAN!!!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
Agnostic
Soul Reaper

Accidentally leaked? I use to think I wasn't really that smart. How fucking stupid can you be? A military contractor leaking classified documents through a P2P application! How the fuck did this retarded bastard get clearance to classified information? Forgive me, calling this person retarded is an insult to retarded people.

Does anybody take anything serious anymore? I read the article and my mouth dropped looking at all the stupid people with jobs to sensitive information. I couldn't get a job handling sensitive information if my life depended on it.

My stupidity can't handle this kind of stupidity. What's next? H & R Block sending mail to it's customers with their social security numbers printed on the outside of the envelope. Son of a bitch!!!
/end of stupid rant
Old 03-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
balamoor
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larnek View Post
It's a nice romantic notion, but in the end the man has all the real power not to mention Money. Will there be Cyber Hoodlums? Of course, will they actually matter a whole hell of a lot in the grand scheme of things? Not a chance in hell.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #8
Johan
sub-$20 Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
How fucking stupid can you be?
The form that I sign at work when I'm out and have a replacement includes both of our social security numbers. Of course, I get a copy to keep...with the other person's complete number and name. The other copy goes to our payroll department.

People don't have a fucking clue; at all.
Johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #9
Virtuoso
Yes we did, bitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
The form that I sign at work when I'm out and have a replacement includes both of our social security numbers. Of course, I get a copy to keep...with the other person's complete number and name. The other copy goes to our payroll department.

People don't have a fucking clue; at all.
Does anybody seriously wonder why identity theft is so rampant?
Old 03-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #10
Windsong
Evil Dead

Just bring on the Mark of the Beast already. Tired of f'ing waiting.

Just get it over with.
Windsong is offline   Reply With Quote