Mordheim: City of the...
Last post by brandonjclark
Yesterday 09:23 PM
1 Replies, 387 Views
» Promotion

Old 11-15-2005, 05:27 AM   #1
Borys
Thank You, Loki!

Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Warrior IX Not PS3 Exclusive?

Japanese news sites: Reuters and Yahoo! Finance are reporting that president of Square-Enix, Yochi Wada is thinking about putting Square's arguably two biggest next generation titles - Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Warrior IX on both PLAYSTATION 3 and Xbox 360. If you know Japanese you can read about it here and here.

Quote:
Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Quest IX perhaps for Xbox 360 and PS3.

15.11.05 - Yoichi Wada, president of Square Enix, said in an interview with Yahoo/Reuters there is the possibility to offer the games Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Quest IX for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

The last episodes of the games were bound always to only one hardware. Only the on-line RPG Final Fantasy XI was developed for several platforms (PC, PS2, Xbox 360).
Way to go Sony. You won't win the war by losing two of your best selling franchises.
Borys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 05:43 AM   #2
Taco
Cynic

I'm sure Sony's aware of that. If they lose exclusivity I kind of doubt they just yawned and let them go. They are not that dumb.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:54 AM   #3
Player 1
Banned

Since when was 'losing' the same as 'sharing'? Let's face it, GTA isn't a Sony exclusive franchise - it's on Xbox and PC. Doesn't really seem to have done them a lot of harm.

For that matter, FF7,8 and 11 are also available on PC.

Metal Gear Solid is also available on PC, Xbox and Gamecube in various incarnations.

I don't see Sony suffering from sharing any of these high profile franchises.

I think Evil Avatar's glee and jumping on ANYTHING that could be spun in a negative light towards Sony's future is wearing thin. How about you try throwing a few facts in with your rabid speculation?

Oh, and let's not forget the accuracy of translated reports/patents/interviews from Japan. Especially those announced on a very significant day in the calender of the person being quoted - DragonQuest VIII launch day in the U.S. This smells far more like a piece of PR to grab some headlines than anything else.
Player 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:02 AM   #4
Taco
Cynic

Are you shitting me Player? You think exclusivity doesn't mean anything? Of course it's losing. If FF and GTA were released for the Xbox and the PS2 on the same date Sony wouldn't be losing anything?

You are quite stunning.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:03 AM   #5
Borys
Thank You, Loki!

Player 1: awesome, awesome sig. That's XboxAvatar.com caught red-handed.
Borys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:03 AM   #6
Taco
Cynic

Player is just some some corporate bitch with strong loyalties he'll deny.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:04 AM   #7
KamaItachi
人性を食ったテレビ

Although Squeenix have been talking about supporting the 360 in a bigger capacity after FF11, there's nothing concrete here at all. There's one small quote from Wada and a mention about how they can't afford a downturn in stock prices. The article is too short to say anything conclusive, but personally, I'd like to see this happen.
KamaItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:09 AM   #8
bapenguin
Beware of my Power Bands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borys
Player 1: awesome, awesome sig. That's XboxAvatar.com caught red-handed.
Do you guys need a history less on Madden? Ah...I'm not going to even go there....get a f'n clue....it has nothing to do with the 360 except it's the platform both games are on.
bapenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:15 AM   #9
Taco
Cynic

All Madden history aside, those NBA screens looked a hell of a lot better, and it had a video for christ sakes. The lack of such a video is the the crux of his comment on Madden it would seem.

Logic people, give it a shot. You never know how much better you come out looking.

What is funny is Player's never ending preaching about how biased we are at EA, but the guy flips out at any perceived negativity levied at Sony or EA. Only scum could defend EA.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:16 AM   #10
Captain Awesome
When will then be now?

All I want is a proper sequel to FF: Tactics. Not that Crystal Chronicles crap...

although the art was nice.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:20 AM   #11
KamaItachi
人性を食ったテレビ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome
All I want is a proper sequel to FF: Tactics. Not that Crystal Chonicales crap, although the art was nice.

Agreed, CC was just like a very very pretty dungeon crawler/Gauntlet clone but without the booming voice going RED ELF SHOT THE FOOooOOD!
Old 11-15-2005, 06:21 AM   #12
Morratut
Evil Dead

Hey Player!!! Read this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco
Are you shitting me Player? You think exclusivity doesn't mean anything? Of course it's losing. If FF and GTA were released for the Xbox and the PS2 on the same date Sony wouldn't be losing anything?
It does matter.
Morratut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:21 AM   #13
MosBen
Evil Dead

I don't get why Player 1's sig is so damning. In the Madden post BAP says that there are new pics of Madden that look better, but we should wait to see it in motion before we get too excited. In the NBA 2k6 post he says that there are pics and *video* and seems impressed by them. So, he saw one in motion and was impressed and saw pics of another but wanted to wait until he could see it in motion.

Furthermore, both of those were 360 games. How do his differing reactions prove an Xbox bias? If anything I'd say it was evidence of an anti-Electronic Arts bias, but not only is that hardly unique on the interweb, I think it's explained by my above paragraph.
MosBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:21 AM   #14
Captain Awesome
When will then be now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamaItachi
Agreed, CC was just like a very very pretty dungeon crawler/Gauntlet clone but without the booming voice going RED ELF SHOT THE FOOooOOD!

It's sad how excited I was for it, got it and played through it. But not as cool or epic like Tactics. I'd love if they did some insanely new 2d/3d engine for a proper sequel just to capture that style again.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:22 AM   #15
Chalex
Evil Dead

Doesn't Sony still own something like 15% of SE? I'm sure if they applied some pressure they could prevent them from releasing any "important" titles anywhere other than the PS3.
Chalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:23 AM   #16
Taco
Cynic

Player is pro-EA, that's why it's there. I figured Borys was being sarcastic, but I don't keep up on a lot of the console threads and don't have everyone's bias down. At least he was kind enough to give us a warning with his title .
Old 11-15-2005, 06:27 AM   #17
KamaItachi
人性を食ったテレビ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome
It's sad how excited I was for it, got it and played through it. But not as cool or epic like Tactics. I'd love if they did some insanely new 2d/3d engine for a proper sequel just to capture that style again.
I missed a lot of the hype for it as i think I was more excited about REmake at the time. When it came out I thought I should do my part and support Square and their new "RPG", but I was pretty disappointed with the end result. The multiplayer added a bit to it, but ultimately it was quite a shallow experience. VERY pretty though.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:28 AM   #18
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

There is a better chance these hit the Rev.
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:30 AM   #19
Captain Awesome
When will then be now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamaItachi
I missed a lot of the hype for it as i think I was more excited about REmake at the time. When it came out I thought I should do my part and support Square and their new "RPG", but I was pretty disappointed with the end result. The multiplayer added a bit to it, but ultimately it was quite a shallow experience. VERY pretty though.
I stayed away from the general hype. I saw one preview page and some shots. I was moving at the time. Once I settled, I bought it. And it was at best "okay" But yeah the MP made your purchase worth the while for a bit. The art was indeed awe-inspiring.

My gf at the time was enamored by the art so much that she played it quite a bit, much more than I did.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:35 AM   #20
Kelegacy
Poor Impulse Control

A REAL FF game AND maybe Dragon Quest on the Xbox? That's utter blasphemy.

Sony, get your heads out of your asses and start snapping up exclusivity agreements. It's worth the money, trust me.
Kelegacy is offline   Reply With Quote