Last post by Venkman
Today 06:29 PM
11 Replies, 1,135 Views
» Promotion

Old 11-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Age of Conan Goes DirectX 10

Game Director Craig Morrison has posted word in his November Letter from the Game Director that Funcom's MMORPG, Age of Conan, will be getting an upgrade to DirectX 10 in the near future.

Quote:
We are now preparing to take the DirectX 10 version of the game from our internal testing servers out to the public test servers, so you can see it for yourselves. The next major game update will include this version of the game and make it available for everyone with the appropriate hardware to enjoy. Since the outset we have been determined that the new DirectX 10 functionality would not just be a ‘gimmick’ addition to the game and would add visual quality to the game, we feel that the version we are preparing now for testing does achieve this and in a way that will find the right balance between visuals and performance. We have also gone to great lengths to try and make virtually all the DirectX10 features customizable so that you can find the right balance between features for the performance level of your hardware. What we did not want to do was push this version out too early and not see the real added benefits this technology can bring. I am really looking forward to players getting to experience some of the new visual improvements that this new technology allows. It really brings an even further splendor to the game world.

Keep your eyes out for the announcement of when the update will hit the public test servers so that you can try it out for yourselves!
Another sad reminder that I need to upgrade my dying PC.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
drakkarim
Evil Dead

Location: in a van under the I-80 bridge, down by the missouri river
a big F U to them for not including it in the release like was advertised on the box.
drakkarim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
gawaintheblind
Evil Dead

Yeah. Too little, too late.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
DeadPixel
Evil Dead

I still have my copy installed, but haven't launched it in over 3 months. I really wanted this to succeed.
DeadPixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
Shifter
MMO vs. new baby

Agreed. I upgrade to DX10 in part for Conan, only to have it not be ready on release like they promised. FU to them.

Gamertag: Shifteer
PSN Network ID: Shadowforge
Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
HarverdGrad
Reaper

DirectX10 is deemed more important than adding content, and/or fixing sieges.
nice..
HarverdGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #7
Acidpoptart
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarverdGrad View Post
DirectX10 is deemed more important than adding content, and/or fixing sieges.
nice..
Eh to be fair, different people work on each of those things... So looks like the engine dev guys finally got DX10 out.
Acidpoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:01 PM   #8
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Funcom put the F U in Fun. Could have been a good game if it wasn't driven into the ground by a terrible company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:25 AM   #9
Bushido
Agent of Evil

I played Conan longer than Borehammer now im back to WOW.....fuck funcom and ruining Conan.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #10
Dzog
Lord

I desperately wanted AoC to pwn! I played it for 3 months... the game is GORGEOUS and the combat system is the BEST EVER in an MMO, PERIOD! I loved the game so much that I upgraded my computers videocard to something that could play it with everything turned on... it was GORGEOUS!!! I played for 3 months, I leveled to 80.... then at 80 the realization of all the bad things I had heard about the game came to fruition... not much to do... and all I wanted to do was PvP non stop... but NO ONE was playing the BG's... it was horrible!

I upgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit for this game... the game came out at the end of May... when they promised then 64 Bit and Dirext X 10 support... and NOW? NOW they are finally releasing this Direct X 10? Grrrr... makes me so angry! I will not support this game anytime soon... in a year, after the fixes and the polish has been added, I MIGHT go back and try it again... better yet, if they offer a COME BACK and TRY FOR FREE for a weekend... I would be ALL over that... that would give me a good feeling that MAYBE they have a good product and they want to prove it to folks that came and left cause of their empty promises...

Anyways, Wrath of the Lich King is so bad ass!!! Words can NOT describe how much better this is over Burning Crusade.... the environments are GORGEOUS!!! The good thing about upgrading my videocard for AoC is that I don't have to now in order to enjoy the Shadow Engine present in WoW now... it is so bad ass!!!! LOVE the Shadows and what it does for the game!

Anyways, the folks over at Funcom… please make AoC better… you have a graphics engine and combat system that is FUN and exciting…
Dzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:24 AM   #11
gawaintheblind
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzog View Post
Anyways, Wrath of the Lich King is so bad ass!!! Words can NOT describe how much better this is over Burning Crusade.... the environments are GORGEOUS!!! The good thing about upgrading my videocard for AoC is that I don't have to now in order to enjoy the Shadow Engine present in WoW now... it is so bad ass!!!! LOVE the Shadows and what it does for the game!

I'd rather play conan.

... or "kick myself in the balls till I vomit: The game." (TM)