Last post by Anenome
Today 01:46 AM
8 Replies, 491 Views
» Promotion

Old 11-28-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Pure Evil - Vagiant Rocks!

On Sunday I picked up a copy of Harmonix' new air-guitar title, Rock Band, and I just love it. It is superior in every way to Guitar Hero III. From the track list, to the graphics, to the Achievements, it is just a fantastic title -- and I don't even have the drums yet!

My favorite track from the game is the bonus track, Seven, from Boston's all-female punk band, Vagiant.

You can visit Vagiant's MySpace page to purchase their first album, Public Display Of Infection, directly from the band for only $10.00 (plus shipping).

Seven is so so awesome. Great music and a great game.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
Reality Lost
Yeah Buddy

Yummy Yummy, Punk Chicks. Mmm Mmm Mmm
I wish their MySpace had Seven on it, so we could listen.

XBOX 360 Gamertag: ReaIity Lost

Formerly QuickieGT
Reality Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
harle
the "e" is silent!

Shill!!!

Ive heard that Rock Band is superior for a group of people, but GHIII is better for solo play. Any thoughts?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:53 PM   #4
Klunka
Sick, Sick Bastard

They put on a great show. I have to say however that they are essentially a less talented female version of "Cocked N' Loaded."

The Hellion even said so at VAGIANTs CD release show in Somerville.

Last edited by Klunka; 11-28-2007 at 03:57 PM..
Klunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:55 PM   #5
Zanzibar
Threads Killed: 105

Rock Band owns.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:55 PM   #6
Nite_Moogle
Evil Dead

You know the singer for Vagiant is one of the headier honchos at Harmonix, right? Helen McWilliams was the singer at E3 during the infamous attempts by Peter Moore to play Rock Band. If you're shilling for Vagiant, you may as well do the rest of the Harmonix team bands: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmoni...Employee_bands
Old 11-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #7
Klunka
Sick, Sick Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by harle View Post
Shill!!!

Ive heard that Rock Band is superior for a group of people, but GHIII is better for solo play. Any thoughts?
While Rock Band may lack the excruciatingly challenging parts near the end, it's essentially four single player tours in one. you can do solo tours for drums, lead guitar, bass guitar and vocals.

So it's a toss up. Do you enjoy rocking out, or do you enjoy proving your mad skills?
Klunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:58 PM   #8
harle
the "e" is silent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunka View Post
While Rock Band may lack the excruciatingly challenging parts near the end, it's essentially four single player tours in one. you can do solo tours for drums, lead guitar, bass guitar and vocals.

So it's a toss up. Do you enjoy rocking out, or do you enjoy proving your mad skills?
Well GHIII has proven that I do not posses "mad skills," so Rock Band may be better for me. Plus, there are four people in my apartment, so its perfect!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #9
Purple Santa
Thread Killer per ADDGirl

What I have heard from friends who played both Rock Band and GHIII, if you can afford it, get both. Otherwise, if you have to choose, as a "play together" the obvious choice is Rock Band. I am hearing from all kinds of "casual gamers" they want to own one or the other.
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:02 PM   #10
Rain Dogs
Developer

I haven't tried Seven yet - i'll have to play this tonight. I'm loving Rock Band so far, and far prefer it to GHIII, though the malfunctioning controllers are a bit of a problem - mine only lasted a few days and the strum bar stopped working properly. Fortunately someone posted a how-to fix which I did last night, and now it is working perfectly again.
Rain Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #11
Xzyliac Noise
Knight

I have personally logged in to enter one of my rare postings (I lurk).

This is to say VAGIANT FUCKING ROCKS! Always have. My favorite Harmonix band. Helen (the Goddess of Rock) and I have exchanged words on occasion. She's amazingly kick ass. I love her so much.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #12
The Continental
▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite_Moogle View Post
You know the singer for Vagiant is one of the headier honchos at Harmonix, right? Helen McWilliams was the singer at E3 during the infamous attempts by Peter Moore to play Rock Band. If you're shilling for Vagiant, you may as well do the rest of the Harmonix team bands: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmoni...Employee_bands
I honestly don't think there's a bad staff band among em, they've manged to put nothing but fun tracks on every GH game they've cranked out. Vagiant, Freezepop, Honest Bob & The Factory to Dealer Incentives, The Amazing Crowns, and That Handsome Devil being my favorites of the bunch.

The Continental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:04 PM   #13
GammaLeak
Shanshu

Why the heck is this on the front page?

EDIT: Just noticed that it was posted by Evil Avatar (the man) himself, so nevermind. It's his website, he can do what he wants.
GammaLeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:06 PM   #14
Rain Dogs
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harle View Post
Well GHIII has proven that I do not posses "mad skills," so Rock Band may be better for me. Plus, there are four people in my apartment, so its perfect!
I thought I was pretty good at Guitar Hero - I finished 1 and 2 on expert, but was very frustrated with GHIII and still haven't been able to finish One or Raining Blood on expert. Rock Band seems closer to the difficulty of GH1 - still challenging and fun, but not so crazy that my fingers are sore from trying to beat the song.

Drums are pretty frikken hard though - I'm only playing on Hard and I've totally hit a wall on about the 3rd set.
Rain Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #15
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite_Moogle View Post
No, I was not aware of that! (I guess I didn't do my homework.) That is very cool.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #16
Wyrm
Lord of Dreams

Has anyone noticed that Vagiant is just vagina with some letters switch around and a "t" added to the end?
Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:14 PM   #17
The Continental
▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
Has anyone noticed that Vagiant is just vagina with some letters switch around and a "t" added to the end?
Oh, I see what you did there.

<Image Deleted by Editor>

Last edited by Evil Avatar; 11-28-2007 at 03:38 PM..
The Continental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:18 PM   #18
Telefrog
Natural 20's only!

Is it just me, or do other people get a red "x" instead of a picture in the news post?

Edit: NVM. MySpace link blocked by work.
Telefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:19 PM   #19
Wyrm
Lord of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
<Futurama Image>
Haha, I like you. You post pictures instead of words. Easier for me to understand!

Last edited by Evil Avatar; 11-28-2007 at 03:37 PM..
Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:23 PM   #20
SuicideKing
Evil Dead

Eh... Rock band just doesn't offer the same stuff as Guitar Hero III. I hate the Rock band guitar controller (really cheap feeling neck, and the clickless strum bar makes it impossible for me to tell whether i'm hitting at the right time), the drums could be cool, but not enough to sell me on the game, not a big karaoke fan, so singing solo also a meh, bass parts are never that interesting by themselves, and with toned down guitar parts...

All that's really left is the multiplayer aspect, and I don't have friends particularly interested in playing rocks band, so shelling out for the big bundle to simply play mediocre guitar parts and try the drums just isn't worth it to me. Also I'm more of a metal head and thus Rock Band's tracklist also elicits a meh. Not saying guitar hero's is significantly better, but better? yeah.

Then you tack on that the main draw of the game, world tour mode, which can't be played solo, and you're left with a very unappealing package as far as I'm concerned.