Yesterday 08:13 PM
35 Replies, 3,199 Views
» Promotion

Old 10-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - GeForce GTX Tech Video

Quote:
Ubisoft Montreal and NVIDIA are enhancing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag with NVIDIA-exclusive effects, features and technologies, creating the definitive Assassin's Creed experience.
Click on the headline to watch the video.
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
bean19
Butt Stallion

Enough with the Ass Flag marketing already, I'm getting it when it comes out for PC.
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
M0USER
Chief Cat Herder!

I will be getting for PC as well.

Countdown to BF4 (or mysterious IT 1 day flu bug) starts now!
M0USER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
ElektroDragon
Panzermensch!

So it will look better on the Nvidia based PS3 than on the PS4.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:53 AM   #6
Rommel
International Playboy

It is hard to recommend Nvidia with no price reaction, thus far, since the release of the R290X. So yeah, throw all the tech displays you can at us--it will not matter until your cards are better or cheaper.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #7
BeardedSonOfNel
Evil Dead

So, the PC release will be the definitive one
Old 10-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #8
bean19
Butt Stallion

Kind of a tangent, but related to the topic: My best friend pirates PC games when the PC games come out later than the console counter-parts - AFTER buying the console version so that he can play it Day One. I don't pirate anything because I work in the game industry and also I'm kind of a worrier that can't stand breaking laws because I don't want to get in trouble. . . but a part of me applauds him doing this because fuck them for making me wait - especially when current-gen consoles are hacked and there presumably is just as much or more theft on them.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean19 View Post
Kind of a tangent, but related to the topic: My best friend pirates PC games when the PC games come out later than the console counter-parts - AFTER buying the console version so that he can play it Day One. I don't pirate anything because I work in the game industry and also I'm kind of a worrier that can't stand breaking laws because I don't want to get in trouble. . . but a part of me applauds him doing this because fuck them for making me wait - especially when current-gen consoles are hacked and there presumably is just as much or more theft on them.
There is a ton less piracy on console systems than on the PC. Even though hacking the 360 is easy, most people balk at the idea of cracking open the system.

I'm not really sure how difficult it is on the PS3, I think it is mostly booting from a flash drive instead of the HD or swapping out for a HD with the cracked OS. It still isn't something the average consumer will do.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #10
BenSkywlkr
Dread Lord

Quote:
It is hard to recommend Nvidia with no price reaction, thus far, since the release of the R290X.
Where did the 290x get released out of curiosity? I saw they did a wave of PR about it, can't seem to find anywhere that indicates it has actually been released. More importantly though, we need to see some 290xs come out that aren't using AMD's defective "cooling" solution- someone should lose their job over that.

It is funny that you should mention that in a thread about Assassin's Creed 4 when nVidia announced a week ago that their answer was going to be launching with AC4 in the middle of November. Some people may find this hard to believe, but not everyone's world revolves around when AMD tells them they need to buy something
BenSkywlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #11
bean19
Butt Stallion

@EvAv - On the PS3, it is EXTREMELY easy. They only boot-up from a flash-drive when they need to update their hacked OS to get past new copy-protection for new games. The only thing that prevents people from doing it is that updates past a certain version from a few years ago killed the option to get the OS off a flash drive (their way of preventing this).

The 360 is actually slightly more difficult because it requires that the hardware's BIOS be flashed before the new OS can be installed and this has to be done each time, so you are cracking it open every time.

I've never done this on either of them, but I read up on it when I got cancer because I was thinking about it. My PS3 had literally JUST been updated past the point of no return and at that point my 360 had already bricked again outside the 3-year warranty and I wasn't going to buy another one.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #12
Ravijn
Evil Dead

Quote:
The 360 is actually slightly more difficult because it requires that the hardware's BIOS be flashed before the new OS can be installed and this has to be done each time, so you are cracking it open every time.
If you flash the DVD drive to play backups, yes. If you have a RGH chip installed you never have to open the system again. Doing dashboard updates is as easy as using a usb stick.

.. Not that I would know anything about that..

PS3 - If you don't have a PS3 that is on FW3.55 you're screwed. I'm not sure if they ever made a firmware downgrader yet. They make EBOOT patches for the newer games so they work on FW3.55. I sold my PS3 with 3.55 on Craigslist for $600 a year or so ago. It wasn't hacked but had the ability to be.

It's funny how a game about pirates turns into a small chat about piracy.

Ravijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #13
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

These sort of videos are both exciting...and a bit of a let down. Often I have to really struggle to see the difference in video quality unless it's specifically pointed out.

This next generation of gaming visuals is going to be all about adding those little details to the background. Added up, they will make a difference... but the change will be often subtle.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #14
Meusli
Subscriber

Quote:
So he gives money to MS/Sony's console overheads while killing the PC industry with his pirating. I understand the reasons but this behaviour is not going to convince UBI and others to release quicker on the PC, this is why they hold back PC releases. Give him a stern look from me.
Meusli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #15
Radiozo
Evil Dead

Nice. Should look great on my GTX 770 then.
Radiozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #16
randir14
Subscriber

TXAA in Arkham Origins is very well done, it doesn't make the game overly blurry like some other games that use it. So I hope it's just as good in AC4.
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:01 AM   #17
steved
Soul Reaper

I fail to see the big differences in that video. Looks great whether their special fx are on or not.
steved is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
assassin's creed iv, black flag, ubisoft, ubisoft montreal