Last post by Emabulator
Yesterday 04:17 PM
7 Replies, 625 Views
» Promotion

Old 09-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PlayStation 4 Beta Announced

Sony and Square Enix begin launching MMO content for the PlayStation 4 with the announcement of the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn beta.

Quote:
Square Enix today announced that the opening of beta tests on the PlayStation 4 version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn from Saturday the 22nd of February 2014 and a free service that will allow players to switch from playing the game on the PlayStation 3 to the PlayStation 4

Beta testing will commence on the PS4 version of FFXIV: ARR, on Saturday the 22nd of February 2014.

The FFXIV: ARR game service is now live on Windows PC and the PlayStation 3, and a PS4 version is currently in development. Essential work to increase the number of servers and strengthen the service environment, with the aim of alleviating the crowding on existing servers is also in progress.

Furthermore, those who are currently playing the PS3 version of FFXIV: ARR will not have to re-buy the game on PS4 and will be able to transition to playing on PS4 at no additional cost. They will even be able to carry over their character data and continue playing on the new platform.

Further information on the PS4 beta tests and the PS4 version transition service will be released soon and we hope everyone will have a great experience with FFXIV: ARR.
Anyone playing this for the PS3? I got a beta key and never had a chance to play it.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #2
Blackwing
Slacker

I play on PS3 during the weekends when I'm not at my apartment. This is awesome news though for us waiting for DX11 support as we now have a tentative time for the DX11 client release.
Blackwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #3
Syl
Evil Dead

My housemates won't stop playing this, and I'm not going to lie - It looks really good.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:47 AM   #4
DSSJ
Evil Dead

I play it on PC since I got the initial release and had some "we-are-sorry" game time left over.

So far it is really nice. Enough to do and no rush to do it. It's really relaxing compared to Guild Wars 2.

Leveling different classes and the arsenal are nice ideas and Inventory space is ok too.
DSSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #5
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Been trying to play this one for oh, about 3 weeks now. Took two weeks to get my account sorted out (Security token malfunction so I couldn't get in heh, and Square has the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life) and been trying for the past 5 days to get on the Cactuar server where my friends are, however they aren't allowing new characters. As you can see I really want to play, and will try it out if I can, but I'm not sure I can give a company with such abysmal customer service any money.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
ElektroDragon
Panzermensch!

Yeah I played it on PS3 with a pre-launch key. Well its just another MMO. But TES Online, I got to play that beta on PC the other day and HOT DAMN it is WAY better than FF XIV. In fact, even in beta I am declaring TES Online the best MMO of all time!

But I probably still won't play it because I hate monthly fees.

And if I do play it I'll probably buy it for both X1 and PS4 eventually as long as you can share characters between the two. You should, since its all server based.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #7
Grumsh
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post

Anyone playing this for the PS3? I got a beta key and never had a chance to play it.
If the groups I had last night are any inclination then yes there are a lot of imbeciles.. I mean PS3 players out there who apparently never played an MMO before. Tank class? I am not tanking I am here to do DPS! /facepalm.

1:When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is probably wrong.
Grumsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #8
bean19
Butt Stallion

I called my brother after the beta and told him how I hated it for all the reasons I've mentioned in various FF XIV betas and he's enjoying it. . . . so I might have to get it to play with him and that annoys the fuck out of me.
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #9
Blackwing
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumsh View Post
If the groups I had last night are any inclination then yes there are a lot of imbeciles.. I mean PS3 players out there who apparently never played an MMO before. Tank class? I am not tanking I am here to do DPS! /facepalm.
Please don't single out PS3 players as there are plenty of PC users out there who have never played an MMO before who do not know how to tank..hell there are some PC players who HAVE played other MMO's and still don't know how to tank.
Blackwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:33 AM   #10
Ravijn
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean19 View Post
I called my brother after the beta and told him how I hated it for all the reasons I've mentioned in various FF XIV betas and he's enjoying it. . . . so I might have to get it to play with him and that annoys the fuck out of me.
Bean, don't drink the kool-aid!
Ravijn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy xiv