Last post by Emabulator
Yesterday 07:08 PM
3 Replies, 1,577 Views
» Promotion

Old 09-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
randir14
Subscriber

Dragon Age 3 PAX Demo Footage

Click the headline to watch the 30 minute Dragon Age 3 demonstration that was shown at PAX.
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
randir14
Subscriber

Old 09-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
lockwoodx
Photobomber

If the buttsecks doesn't deliver this game literally has zero support behind it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

The reaction at 6:12 on the third video... All hope is lost. People cheer about the most mundane stupid shit.

~Wow I keep skipping through and the chick near the camera makes some weird noises and is just excited about nothing... I hate these people.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
Ravijn
Evil Dead

The might fortress of Adamant....

Also, that really looks good for a 'pre-alpha' build of the game.

Last edited by Ravijn; 09-02-2013 at 05:10 PM..
Ravijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
randir14
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
The reaction at 6:12 on the third video... All hope is lost. People cheer about the most mundane stupid shit.

~Wow I keep skipping through and the chick near the camera makes some weird noises and is just excited about nothing... I hate these people.
"Yay caves! WOOOO A FLAMING SWORD!" So many Biodrones concentrated in one place.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
Thin_J
Evil Dead

Guys they broke a door holy shit
Thin_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #8
bean19
Butt Stallion

Yeah, the demo kind of sucked, but I'm pretty sure that isn't a reflection of the actual game, so much as it is just a poor reflection of the demo

I still want the game, because I love RPGs and actually loved how active and fun it became in DA2. My hope is that they split the difference for this one.
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #9
TUT
Evil Dead

I hear things like... this area you see here is but one of several and it's not near the biggest, well this one are is bigger than all of DA2 combined. My point is Bioware RPG's have been hideously small, corridors, load after load. This alone makes the game a lot better. Exploration is a great RPG trait... one they never had, or at least in a loooong time.
TUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
TUT
Evil Dead

Just watched it all, it looks great to me. It's like Skyrim/Witcher but with a party, a handful of upgrades to those as well. That will work for me.
TUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #11
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUT View Post
I hear things like... this area you see here is but one of several and it's not near the biggest, well this one are is bigger than all of DA2 combined. My point is Bioware RPG's have been hideously small, corridors, load after load. This alone makes the game a lot better. Exploration is a great RPG trait... one they never had, or at least in a loooong time.
Mass Effect 1 and 2 both had a ton of exploration with lots of neat stuff to find. Do you mean that you prefer games like Mass Effect 1 that have more areas that you find that have very little in them? I prefer Mass Effect 2's design where when exploring you could just pick up the chotchkes on planets that didn't have any content and you got small quests on the ones that did have content. Also, all the towns in all 3 Mass Effects had a ton of side quests if you explored enough to find them. They also had many sidequests in Dragon Age Origins if you went around looking for them and some really obscure things like those boss fights with the undead liches in philactories that were spread all over with nothing to lead you to them. The Old Republic also had a bunch of sidequests and Easter Eggs if you ventured off the beaten path. I'm honestly not sure what you want in the way of exploration if Bioware games don't do it for you. I say that without vitriol. I'm honestly perplexed.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
Orphiuchus
Evil Dead

I still sense invisible walls everywhere in those demos.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #13
Transylmania
Dread Lord

Most will buy to roll a Qun'.
Transylmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #14
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transylmania View Post
Most will buy to roll a Qun'.
Are you sure you don't mean Draenei? I can't keep all of these generic character designs in order...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphiuchus View Post
I still sense invisible walls everywhere in those demos.
Invisible walls truly make me angry.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #15
ElektroDragon
Panzermensch!

I wanted to go to this but decided not to since I never even got an hour into DA2 before realizing it was crap. I had finished DA1 too.

It's crazy how people are getting all excited about this mundane shit, but when people were winning graphics cards and entire Xbox Ones at PAX they acted completely uninterested.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:04 AM   #16
Scherge
Weltmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
If I was God and/or Jesus and started My Second Coming because this girl was calling out to Me over and over, only to find out that a puny fireball effect in a silly video game THAT SHE DIDN'T EVEN PLAY was the cause, I'd be pissed.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:15 AM   #17
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
If I was God and/or Jesus and started My Second Coming because this girl was calling out to Me over and over, only to find out that a puny fireball effect in a silly video game THAT SHE DIDN'T EVEN PLAY was the cause, I'd be pissed.
I had no idea where you were going with that at first but I was laughing in the end.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:38 AM   #18
Qoz
Evil Dead

I liked it.
But for me so much depends on the details in how they implement the top-down on PC.

The combat in DA:O was very nice - hard and strategic. I hope you can still have that experience in DA3. Not matter what I will buy and play it I think.. DA2 was not THAT bad to put me off. But if DA3 is more DA2, then I will skip DA4.
Qoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:41 AM   #19
Qoz
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
I wanted to go to this but decided not to since I never even got an hour into DA2 before realizing it was crap. I had finished DA1 too.

It's crazy how people are getting all excited about this mundane shit, but when people were winning graphics cards and entire Xbox Ones at PAX they acted completely uninterested.
Well.. the first hour really was the worst of it. You had those scenes were you had all the powers, controlling a single character and could spam the actions. I was literally shocked when I play it - so action focused, and almost manga-style with the BIG swords etc.

Then it calms down after that - you start from scratch, and the scenes you played at first (as I remember) are like through a story-tellers lense (exaggerated on purpose).

Still it's not as good as DA:O, but don't judge the entire game on the first hour. If you get past it then it improves in my opinion.
Qoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #20
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
You think that's why the world hasn't seen him in a while? Every time he responds to some giggley, excited girl freaking out without a good enough reason?

Tags
bioware, dragon age 3