Last post by Agnostic Pope
Today 02:51 PM
9 Replies, 788 Views
» Promotion

Old 07-01-2013, 03:28 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Weekend Boxoffice Chart

The Disney-Pixar animated prequel Monsters University remained box-office valedictorian in its second weekend, earning $46.1 million in first place.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of June 28th to June 30th, 2013.
  1. Monsters University $46.1/$171.0
  2. The Heat $40.0/$40.0
  3. World War Z $29.8/$123.7
  4. White House Down $25.7/$25.7
  5. Man of Steel $20.8/$248.6
  6. This is the End $8.7/$74.6
  7. Now You See Me $5.5/$104.6
  8. Fast & Furious 6 $2.4/$233.3
  9. Star Trek Into Darkness $2.0/$220.5
  10. The Internship $1.4/$41.7
  11. Iron Man 3 $1.4/$405.4
  12. The Purge $1.2/$62.7
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:29 AM   #2
Radiozo
Evil Dead

Saw man of steel on friday. Piece of crap. Worst movie Ive seen this year by far. Last hour was one long action sequence.
Radiozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:02 AM   #3
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Saw World War Z on Friday. Piece of ok filming. Not the worst movie I've seen this year by Far as I've watched a Kevin Sorbo movie. Last hour was one dramatic drop in tension.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #4
PacerDawn
Subscriber

The reason the last hour of World War Z seemed like a different movie is because it was. If you saw the previews, you may have heard them mention that "Russia is a black hole", and Brad Pitt needs to get in to "Russia". In the actual movie, though, they say "India", not Russia (I'm not sure why they didn't modify the previews).

The reason is because the end of the movie was supposed to take place in Russia with Brad Pitt becoming a Brad-ass zombie slayer, and they even had a good 12 minutes of that in the can. However, they decided to change it at the last minute (it was causing the film budget to skyrocket and people just didn't like it) and they re-shot the ending to what was seen in theaters.

You can find the synopsis of the original plot on the web if you Google it. I read it and, I actually liked the new ending better, the original one didn't make any sense.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #5
Hydroeric
Subscriber

My wife and I saw The Heat last week at a preview event. I went in with pretty low expectations since the trailers didn't look that funny but hey free movie. I was very surprised and had a great time. Melissa McCarthy stole the show from her first scene. It had been a while since any move caused me to gut laugh.

Also it is much filthier that I ever imagined.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #6
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Watched Man of Steel. Blah...
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
PacerDawn
Subscriber

Despite all the plot holes (civilian reporters invited on military sorties, Supe struggling to adjust to earth atmosphere as a baby, yet has no problem needing oxygen in space or underwater, etc), I found Man of Steel to be a fun pop-corn flick. My only real dislike was with the battle scenes. Fights are kind of pointless when neither of the combatants can be hurt.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #8
vallor
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroeric View Post
My wife and I saw The Heat last week at a preview event. I went in with pretty low expectations since the trailers didn't look that funny but hey free movie. I was very surprised and had a great time. Melissa McCarthy stole the show from her first scene. It had been a while since any move caused me to gut laugh.

Also it is much filthier that I ever imagined.
Strangely I'm really looking forward to this movie. Plus, Sandra Bullock. She'll be my wife one day she just doesn't know it yet (queue Jon Lovitz).
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #9
ElektroDragon
Panzermensch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
The reason the last hour of World War Z seemed like a different movie is because it was. If you saw the previews, you may have heard them mention that "Russia is a black hole", and Brad Pitt needs to get in to "Russia". In the actual movie, though, they say "India", not Russia (I'm not sure why they didn't modify the previews).

The reason is because the end of the movie was supposed to take place in Russia with Brad Pitt becoming a Brad-ass zombie slayer, and they even had a good 12 minutes of that in the can. However, they decided to change it at the last minute (it was causing the film budget to skyrocket and people just didn't like it) and they re-shot the ending to what was seen in theaters.

You can find the synopsis of the original plot on the web if you Google it. I read it and, I actually liked the new ending better, the original one didn't make any sense.

Saw World War Z yesterday. Gotta say I loved it aside from the weak ending. But yeah, the last hour feels like another movie indeed. It's like they totally ran out of money after the first hour and it turned from holy shit 10,000 zombies on screen, to a 28 Days later dozen zombies in a hallway vibe. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #10
drakkarim
Evil Dead

Location: in a van under the I-80 bridge, down by the missouri river
Funny how everyone sees something different in the same movie this happened to be the only superman movie I've ever enjoyed. Also liked WWZ due to their combining the large scale aspect with the close quarter aspect so well.
drakkarim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #11
Radiozo
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkarim View Post
Funny how everyone sees something different in the same movie this happened to be the only superman movie I've ever enjoyed. Also liked WWZ due to their combining the large scale aspect with the close quarter aspect so well.
ITs the best superman movie so far but it still stinks.
Radiozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #12
Jack9
Reaper

The real question is, why are people still paying money to see the internship?
Jack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #13
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack9 View Post
The real question is, why are people still paying money to see the internship?
Stupid people need popcorn too!
Old 07-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #14
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post

Just saw War Z yesterday. Thought it was good till the ending. Would have rather seen the action heavy ending.

Not much to do with the book but whatever was not expecting it too.
The book has some War bits would have liked to seen some of that.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekend boxoffice chart