Last post by shadow763
Today 04:12 PM
7 Replies, 676 Views
» Promotion

Old 06-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Martin Brodeur Announced as Fan-Selected NHL 14 Cover Athlete

EA Sports has announced that fans cast more than 22 million votes on NHL.com for NHL 14 cover athlete. Martin Brodeur from the New Jersey Devils came out on top, making him the first goalie to appear on the cover since John Vanbiesbrouck was on the cover of NHL ‘97.

Quote:
Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), the National Hockey League (NHL®) and the National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA®) announced today that New Jersey Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur has been selected by fans as the EA SPORTS NHL®14 cover athlete. Brodeur defeated Columbus Blue Jackets goalie and Vezina Trophy winner, Sergei Bobrovsky to claim the cover. The NHL 14 cover will be the first to feature a goalie since John Vanbiesbrouck appeared on the cover of NHL ‘97. NHL 14 will be available on September 10, 2013 in North America and by September 13, 2013 worldwide.

“The support I’ve received throughout the cover vote campaign has been incredible,” said Brodeur. “My kids pushed me to participate in the campaign, and they are really excited to see their dad on the cover of the game they play all the time. I want to thank all the NHL fans who campaigned and voted for me.”
Click on the image to enlarge. Click on the headline for the press release and trailer.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., - June 28, 2013 - Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), the National Hockey League (NHL®) and the National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA®) announced today that New Jersey Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur has been selected by fans as the EA SPORTS NHL®14 cover athlete. Brodeur defeated Columbus Blue Jackets goalie and Vezina Trophy winner, Sergei Bobrovsky to claim the cover. The NHL 14 cover will be the first to feature a goalie since John Vanbiesbrouck appeared on the cover of NHL ‘97. NHL 14 will be available on September 10, 2013 in North America and by September 13, 2013 worldwide.

“The support I’ve received throughout the cover vote campaign has been incredible,” said Brodeur. “My kids pushed me to participate in the campaign, and they are really excited to see their dad on the cover of the game they play all the time. I want to thank all the NHL fans who campaigned and voted for me.”

“We would like to congratulate Martin Brodeur on being selected by the fans as the EA SPORTS NHL 14 cover athlete,” said Adam Larry, NHLPA Director of Licensing and Associate Counsel. “This year’s cover vote built off the momentum generated last year, successfully engaging hockey fans with the 60 NHL players who participated in the NHL 14 campaign.”

“We would like to congratulate Marty for this exceptional recognition of his accomplished career and salute our fans’ appreciation for his incredible achievements both on and off the ice as they campaigned rigorously and voted him as the NHL 14 cover athlete,” said Dave McCarthy, NHL Vice President of Consumer Products Marketing. ”Throughout the cover vote campaign, our teams and fans exhibited creative and relentless support for their favorite players and their passion and dedication to hockey is the best in all of professional sports.”

Hosted on NHL.com for the second straight year, the EA NHL 14 campaign gave fans the opportunity to select the face of the EA SPORTS NHL® 14 cover. Fans cast more than 22 million votes in the second annual cover athlete campaign.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

I'm a Rangers fan. But I still have to say "Jersey Represent!"
Old 06-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

I'm bored of it always going to flashy attacking players, in all sports. It's nice to have a change. Plus it's Brodeur. If he can't get on one then we might as well give up.
BeachGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
I'm a Rangers fan. But I still have to say "Jersey Represent!"
So many people are fucking Rangers fans in this state. Yet we actually have a GOOD team for our state that not many seem to ever support.

But glad to see Brodeur make the cover. Dude deserves it for how long he's been in the game for.
Metal Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Khaos View Post
So many people are fucking Rangers fans in this state. Yet we actually have a GOOD team for our state that not many seem to ever support.

But glad to see Brodeur make the cover. Dude deserves it for how long he's been in the game for.
The Devils did not exist when I started watching hockey. It was Rangers vs Islanders back then.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #7
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
The Devils did not exist when I started watching hockey. It was Rangers vs Islanders back then.
Well then, I guess it's obvious you've been watching Hockey before I was born then. Which according to the wiki page they started here in 1982, which was a year before I was born.

So I guess you've got a solid reason then.
Metal Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #8
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Khaos View Post
Well then, I guess it's obvious you've been watching Hockey before I was born then. Which according to the wiki page they started here in 1982, which was a year before I was born.

So I guess you've got a solid reason then.
The first Rangers game I went to was an exhibition against Moscow in 1979. The Rangers lost.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #9
ElfShotTheFood
Evil Dead

The EA Curse has already kicked in: New Jersey just traded for Brodeur's replacement (Corey Schneider).
ElfShotTheFood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ea sports, nhl 14