Last post by ashikenshin
Today 10:24 AM
7 Replies, 632 Views
» Promotion

Old 06-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Microsoft Responds to XBone Backlash

Microsoft VP Phil Spencer has given Gamespot a short quote in response to the consumer backlash surrounding the announcement of the Xbox One.

Quote:
Speaking with GameSpot today, corporate vice president at Microsoft Game Studios Phil Spencer said gamers will ultimately vote with their wallets.

"We always knew that our story would play out over time. And even now, I would say, this isn't a sprint," Spencer said. "The platform launches this November; we've got more content to share."

"There are other means like Gamescom [and] TGS coming that will still continue to put a value [proposition] on what we're bringing to market," he added. "The reaction, I think, is complete when the product is on the shelf and it has a price and it has a content library and consumers vote."

"And that's the date I'm looking forward to."
I think this quote -- a complete lack of any real statement or substance -- shows that Microsoft was totally unprepared for the consumer reaction and Sony's PS4 pricing & DRM strategy.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
"The reaction, I think, is complete when the product is on the shelf and it has a price and it has a content library and consumers vote."

"And that's the date I'm looking forward to."
Translation: We don't really give a shit what core gamers think, as long as it sells. Screw you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
We had this talk. Blueseed launches in 2014.
I intend to [move]. 2014 asshole.
Time is a-wastin', AnenoBob from Baghdad!
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
Hagetaka
Subscriber

Oh. I see that they decided to double down.

Phil, I don't think you're going to like the way that people vote.
Hagetaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
BeardedSonOfNel
Evil Dead

Phil is going to be looking for a job this Christmas season. I'm sure EA will take him.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Wayfarer
Knight

"The reaction, I think, is complete when the product is on the shelf and it has a price and it has a content library and consumers vote."

Oh it has a price alright, and I think consumers will vote.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
Phil is going to be looking for a job this Christmas season. I'm sure EA will take him.
I think that come Monday there are going to be a lot of people at Microsoft who have suddenly found themselves out of a job.

The higher up execs are probably fuming right now. A lot of them probably flew home on Monday night and started deciding who to let go.

Remember Adam Furth? He was fired the next day. Same thing is happening right now behind the scenes. I'll bet some people got text messages on Monday night saying that they need to find new jobs when they get back.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
Azzy
Cthulian

I'm a PC gamer.
I want a Console that ties my TV into my PC for console gaming. For those games that are more pow with less thought. More twitch less something that rhymes with twitch and has something to do with my brain.
I want to DL movies and TV shows to my PC, watch them on my TV, play a game on my TV while using my monitor to, whatever. Organize my media. Build playlists. Socialize with my friends online. Play better games. Whatever.
I want all of this from a Console that connects and does it's work quickly, easily, without outside maintenance and without a GODDAMN CAMERA THANK YOU.

i don't care what system has what specs, i will never allow a camera into my home that has to be on all the .. well... except that one on my cell phone..

ok i'll buy both.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #8
BeardedSonOfNel
Evil Dead

I could deal with the Kinect (hell I like mine) and the price, but the DRM, and having to connect every 24 hours killed the deal with me. Not being able to share my games with my kids on another machine in the house killed the deal for me.

PC for me for the first time in 2 generations. I'm coming home
Old 06-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #9
randir14
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post

PC for me for the first time in 2 generations. I'm coming home
Like the prodigal son you will be welcomed back with open arms.
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #10
everar
Banned

Oh wait, they weren't apologizing about the rape comments when that woman was playing Killer Instinct against the producer?

tip of the hat, msoft. tip of the hat.
everar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
divinechaos
Plays Rock Band naked

Quote:
Originally Posted by everar View Post
Oh wait, they weren't apologizing about the rape comments when that woman was playing Killer Instinct against the producer?

tip of the hat, msoft. tip of the hat.
Oh, shut the fuck up. It wasn't a "rape" comment, it was gamer banter. If you don't talk shit to people when you play against them then you must be inhuman.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #12
randir14
Subscriber

Here's some more fuel for the fire, in this interview the Microsoft dick head says "fortunately we have a product for people without an internet connection - the Xbox 360."

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/s...ategy--stream-

See folks, it's alright! If you don't like the Xbone's online DRM you can just buy their old outdated hardware that nobody will be releasing games for any longer!
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #13
GodFather
Evil Dead

Basically MS is saying, "We know your pissed but when the dust settles you'll be in line to buy an Xbox"

if they are right and people do buy the console in the end..look out because things will get real bad!
GodFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #14
Spacebear
dold everywhere else

I can't afford a new console anyway, so my decision has been made for me. But I would skip both consoles anyway, as I saw very little reason to get either this e3. I liked some of the games, sure, but most of them are going to be on PC anyway. My brother in law is getting the PS4, so I guess that is how I'll get to play Destiny, and I'll have to give up on Halo.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #15
ElfShotTheFood
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinechaos View Post
Oh, shut the fuck up. It wasn't a "rape" comment, it was gamer banter. If you don't talk shit to people when you play against them then you must be inhuman.
My "banter" during videogames doesn't include references to rape. His did.

Spin it however you wish, but that guy made a rape joke in front of millions of people.
ElfShotTheFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #16
MasterEvilAce
Evil Dead

Like all Microsoft releases, wait until the first service pack that fixes all the problems.

Like Windows 8, Microsoft is deaf to consumers. It simply can't hear nor react to the things right in front of it. It will stay the course until they see their numbers lacking and start to question why.
MasterEvilAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #17
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfShotTheFood View Post
My "banter" during videogames doesn't include references to rape. His did.

Spin it however you wish, but that guy made a rape joke in front of millions of people.
Just let it happen = rape? Instead of just let it happen = getting your ass beat in a video game?

As for MS's PR... yeah they need some new blood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome
It [DDoS] may be illegal, but should it be? Where's the actual damage?
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #18
Vacatakarat
Dread Lord

"Fortunately we have a product for people that aren’t able to get some form of connectivity – it’s called an Xbox 360.

"If you have zero access, the 360 is an offline device. I mean, when I read the blogs and thought about who really is the most impacted, there was a person who said ‘hey, I’m on a nuclear sub.’ I can empathize, if I was on a sub, I’d be disappointed."

-Phil Spencer

Basically: Can't always be online? Buy an Xbox 360, nerd. Deal with it.
Fuck you, Phil.
Vacatakarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #19
everar
Banned

The symbolic order of rape is pretty straightforward in that someone forces the situation. "Just let it happen" of course is saying that it's no use resisting, that one is to just enjoy the show. It may seem like internet lingo among gamers or whatever, but that is because of ego conflict that eSports and such cultivates in effeminizing Spartanlike fashion. Effeminizing, among men, has been a relatively acceptable way to tease someone.

Not the same when you do so to women though, because it does not take fair consideration for their self-identity, self-witness, and what mannerisms they choose to manifest beyond the gender paradigm. It's a grand offense that propagates itself throughout the course of time. I'm not even a feminist, but it's poisonous thought to spread around.

Perhaps we have been submerged in that way of speaking for so long that we don't know how to speak to women.
everar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #20
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by everar View Post
The symbolic order of rape is pretty straightforward in that someone forces the situation. "Just let it happen" of course is saying that it's no use resisting, that one is to just enjoy the show. It may seem like internet lingo among gamers or whatever, but that is because of ego conflict that eSports and such cultivates in effeminizing Spartanlike fashion. Effeminizing, among men, has been a relatively acceptable way to tease someone.

Not the same when you do so to women though, because it does not take fair consideration for their self-identity, self-witness, and what mannerisms they choose to manifest beyond the gender paradigm. It's a grand offense that propagates itself throughout the course of time. I'm not even a feminist, but it's poisonous thought to spread around.

Perhaps we have been submerged in that way of speaking for so long that we don't know how to speak to women.
Not the same when you do so to women? I thought we should all be treated equal and in a unisex fashion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome
It [DDoS] may be illegal, but should it be? Where's the actual damage?
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
failboat, xbone, xbox one