Last post by Raw
Today 01:10 AM
62 Replies, 3,633 Views
» Promotion

Old 06-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
randir14
Subscriber

Thief E3 Stage Demo

Gamespot has a 15 minute video of Thief. It shows the same level as the previous video, but this one is much higher quality and has better commentary about some of the gameplay mechanics.
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

I'll bet gamespot will be glad once gamstop goes out of business, so the name confusion will stop. I constantly call them the wrong thing.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
randir14
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I'll bet gamespot will be glad once gamstop goes out of business, so the name confusion will stop. I constantly call them the wrong thing.
Thanks for the correction, I always have the same problem as well.
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
OmegaVader
Evil Dead

I had the way game journalists sucks up to anyone they interview. The way the gamespot guy said 'by keeping combat optional, you're keeping intact that hardcore stealth gameplay that Thief is known for." What? No you're not. Combat wans't a goddamn option in the original Thief games, you'd get your ass beat. You're suppose to be weak, not a badass murderous commando. I really wish studios would just leave old franchises in peace; you'll never satisfy the real fans and everyone else won't care that it's a follow up to a series they never played. Just make a new IP and leave Thief alone. You'll never get it right.
OmegaVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #5
bub64882
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaVader View Post
I had the way game journalists sucks up to anyone they interview. The way the gamespot guy said 'by keeping combat optional, you're keeping intact that hardcore stealth gameplay that Thief is known for." What? No you're not. Combat wans't a goddamn option in the original Thief games, you'd get your ass beat. You're suppose to be weak, not a badass murderous commando. I really wish studios would just leave old franchises in peace; you'll never satisfy the real fans and everyone else won't care that it's a follow up to a series they never played. Just make a new IP and leave Thief alone. You'll never get it right.
But..but...but...WATER ARROWS!?!?! AMIRIGHT?
bub64882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:24 AM   #6
walkstheplanes
Evil Dead

Despite a few face palm moments during the video, I'm still leaning towards a purchase.

I'm hoping to see huge, sprawling levels with a focus on combat avoidance as we see more content. I'm pleased to see multiple avenues of stealth and not "this is the stealth way and this is the action way." One of the best parts of thief was multiple routes meant utilizing different elements of stealth, and I think they are aware of that.

I do hope the hardest difficulties include non lethal objectives. Being professional about a job added a lot to Garrett's character and made you feel "I'm so good you won't even notice I was even here."

CA, Bay Area Dungeons and Dragons Community!
Take a look!
walkstheplanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #7
rubbishfoo
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaVader View Post
This frustrates the living shit out of me.

If I'm a thief... I am not a soldier. Why the fuck would we need to hide if we're a guild of badasses wearing black soul nail polish?

Tags
thief