Last post by GBSOD
Today 12:36 AM
34 Replies, 1,534 Views
» Promotion

Old 06-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
randir14
Subscriber

Warhammer 40K Eternal Crusade MMO Announced

Although Dark Millennium was canceled, Games Workshop isn't giving up on the idea of a Warhammer 40K MMO. A new one called Eternal Crusade has been announced and is set for release in 2015 on PC and next-gen consoles.

Quote:
  • Experience the gameworld with 3rd-person, behind the shoulder action featuring precision gunplay and brutal melee combat with excruciating finishers;
  • Participate in a persistent online war to conquer the planet, its fate completely in the hands of the players;
  • Become a warrior from one of four initial factions, each unique and opposed to one another: Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Orks and Eldar.
  • Participate in truly massive conflicts that simultaneously bring thousands of players to bear over territories and other strategic resources.
  • Get behind the controls of Space Marine Rhinos, Predators, Ork Battlewagons and other iconic vehicles of the 41st millennium;
  • Hack through genuinely challenging procedural content alongside your battle-brothers and never have the same experience twice;
  • Earn the right to customize your builds in a deep progression system drawing on the rich Warhammer 40,000 universe.
  • Found a Battle Squad with friends and prepare for conflict from your customized shared space in orbit – then drop down to the planet together and seek out glory.
Read more at VG 24/7
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Booda
Beam another Blast

Love the IP so of course I'll be keeping an eye on this. However, 2015 is a long way out (if they can even keep that release date) so who knows what will happen between now & then.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Hmmmmmmmmmm.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
Azriel77
Evil Dead

MMO? No thanks. Can we have another RTS like DOW 1? I loved having huge ass armies to control with wepons of uber death (the floating necron monolith, oh sweet death and destruction). I know some people liked dow 2, but I found it boring as hell with the small squad unit and lacked the epicness that dow 1 brought.
Azriel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
bub64882
Evil Dead

I vastly preferred 1 as well.

The first bullet point sounds a lot like Space Marine, which was a really fun game, but I don't see that in an MMO...Is this a MMOFPS maybe?

The IP is ripe for an MMO treatment, but I'd almost rather have a sequel to Space Marine w/ some Co-Op options.
bub64882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #6
dirtbag
野郎

Quote:
Originally Posted by bub64882 View Post
I vastly preferred 1 as well.

The first bullet point sounds a lot like Space Marine, which was a really fun game, but I don't see that in an MMO...Is this a MMOFPS maybe?

The IP is ripe for an MMO treatment, but I'd almost rather have a sequel to Space Marine w/ some Co-Op options.
I'm thinking MMOTPS as well - maybe similar to blending 40k with Planetside, with a dash of additional role-playing elements.

http://diplodan.wordpress.com/
dirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #7
dirtbag
野郎

Holy crap! This is being developed by the same assholes who brought us Naughty Bear -- I'm out!

http://diplodan.wordpress.com/
dirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #8
Cha-Ka
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbag View Post
Holy crap! This is being developed by the same assholes who brought us Naughty Bear -- I'm out!
Thank you for pointing that out. I felt this weird tingle when I first saw this on account of my slavish fandom for 40K. The comments above perfectly charted the arc of my reaction. Azriel77 helped me to realize that I'm really just chasing Dawn of War's glory. bub64882 rightly reminded me how cool Space Marine was. And you nailed the coffin shut with the tie to Naughty Bear.

I should know better by now than to chase things I love down the mmo hole. That's never where I find nice things!
Cha-Ka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eternal crusade, warhammer 40k