Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Releases for June 9th to June 15th, 2013

Releases for June 9th to June 15th, 2013

Retail Games
The Last of Us (PS3)
Animal Crossing New Leaf (3DS)

DVD & Blu-ray
Oz the Great and Powerful (DVD, 3D Blu-ray & Blu-ray)
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (Unrated Cut) (DVD, 3D Blu-ray & Blu-ray)
Snitch (DVD & Blu-ray)
Killing Lincoln (DVD & Blu-ray)
Wild Strawberries (Criterion Collection) (DVD & Blu-ray)
Driven (Blu-ray)
The Philadelphia Experiment (Blu-ray)
Two Mules for Sister Sara (Blu-ray)
Joe Kidd (Blu-ray)
Enter the Dragon (40th Anniversary Edition) (Blu-ray)
Ninja III: The Domination (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch: Stitch Has A Glitch Two-Movie Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)
The Emperor's New Groove / Kronk's New Groove: Two-Movie Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)
Atlantis: The Lost Empire / Atlantis: Milo's Return: Two-Movie Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)
Burn Notice: Season Six
House of Cards: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)

Box Office
Man of Steel
This Is the End
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #2
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Awwww yeah. It's time to go into debt to Tom Nook again!
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #3
Azrael
Subscriber

Last of Us does look good, reviewed amazingly well... May have to buy it and play it sooner rather than later
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
BalekFekete
Claptrap Bitch

Last of Us - Day one purchase without a doubt. The fact that it's a Friday release is all the better. I'd like it tomorrow, but having a full weekend to just dive into it is even more appealing.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
PSPfreak
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalekFekete View Post
Last of Us - Day one purchase without a doubt. The fact that it's a Friday release is all the better. I'd like it tomorrow, but having a full weekend to just dive into it is even more appealing.
Echo these sentiments. Naughty Dog = day one purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
I don't believe in reviews.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstorm View Post
Awwww yeah. It's time to go into debt to Tom Nook again!
I've got copies for the kids that should be here in a few hours.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #7
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I've got copies for the kids that should be here in a few hours.
You know you could have downloaded it digitally yesterday at midnight? Unless you got them the limited edition 3DS.
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I got The Last of Us today. Brutally hard even on Normal. Awesome mood and visuals.

It says good things about what the next-generation will bring.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstorm View Post
You know you could have downloaded it digitally yesterday at midnight? Unless you got them the limited edition 3DS.
No, I didn't realize you could do that. I might have to look into that into the future. How much memory does the 3DS hold? How many downloaded games?
Old 06-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #10
Syl
Evil Dead

Quote:
No, I didn't realize you could do that. I might have to look into that into the future. How much memory does the 3DS hold? How many downloaded games?
The 3DS can use up to a 64* gigabyte SD card, it defaults with 2 gigs of memory + the SD card. The games range from a few megabytes (virtual console games) to 2~ gigabytes or so. (Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D).
Most E-store titles (without a physical form) are in the xx megabyte range.

Animal Crossing is about 1 gigabyte.

*It says it only supports 32gig, but if you format the 64 gig card correctly it will read all available data.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #11
PSPfreak
Evil Dead

Quote:
I got The Last of Us today. Brutally hard even on Normal. Awesome mood and visuals.

It says good things about what the next-generation will bring.
I gravitate to games that really capture the mood, atmosphere and overall production focus of a good film, and Naughty Dog has hit that completely out of the park this gen. Just the intro chapter to the game alone blew me away; the end of the intro is only the second time I can ever remember something in a video game making me tear up a little.
Quote:
Old 06-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #12
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:

It says good things about what *naughty dog* will bring.

Had to fix that for you big guy. Good studios will do amazing things with crap such as last gen tech.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #13
Capt_Thad
Do a Barrell Roll

As someone who's never played any Animal Crossing, how do they compare to the Harvest Moon titles? Seems like a similar concept with less focus on farming and more on other general living stuff.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #14
Syl
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Thad View Post
As someone who's never played any Animal Crossing, how do they compare to the Harvest Moon titles? Seems like a similar concept with less focus on farming and more on other general living stuff.
The best way I can present Animal Crossing is Harvest Moon mixed with The Sims. Harvest Moon for the city feel and some of the farming aspects (which are not at all like harvest moon farming, but money making is from farming bugs and fruit and such) and then the Sims for the crazy amount of customization you can add to your city and your own house.

Then you throw in the more relaxed time aspect of it and its a pretty wonderful game.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #15
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
Had to fix that for you big guy. Good studios will do amazing things with crap such as last gen tech.
I think this generation has been limited by hardware. Look at that demo for The Division and you can see how much gaming has been held back by a long hardware generation.

The Division is running on some high-end PC. We could have had that game years ago if the big money wasn't on console systems. (Remember the days when you would buy new hardware to play a hot new game?)

I was talking with Austin Grossman on twitter (author of YOU) and we both noticed that some of the stuff from The Last of Us is stuff that Trespasser tried to do back in 1998.

Developers have been limited by hardware and by the insight of corporate executives for a long time and I hope that titles like The Last of Us, Watch_Dogs and The Division show them that there is money in things that go a little bit outside of the box.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #16
Saudade
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
I gravitate to games that really capture the mood, atmosphere and overall production focus of a good film, and Naughty Dog has hit that completely out of the park this gen. Just the intro chapter to the game alone blew me away; the end of the intro is only the second time I can ever remember something in a video game making me tear up a little.
Same here 100%. I will even put mood and atmosphere before gameplay as long as gameplay is tolerable. And what you say has me excited as I just picked this up today!
Saudade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #17
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
Same here 100%. I will even put mood and atmosphere before gameplay as long as gameplay is tolerable. And what you say has me excited as I just picked this up today!
It's a great game, but the lack of Trophies is killing me. It pretty much only has Trophies for finishing the game and/or finding everything collectable.

Lots of people are going to end up with only one or two Trophies. I think I'll only end up with 2. One for finishing the game on Easy and one for Normal.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #18
Saudade
Evil Dead

That's ok. I never bother with Trophies/Achievements, I am in it for the experience and story(if the story is worth a shit).
Saudade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:20 AM   #19
RocketMagnet
Evil Dead

I'm not a big story person I prefer good gameplay but I am invested in the story now and am interested in what's going to happen. This is good because mechanically I'm not having much fun, the areas so far I'm either walking listening to the characters chat or I'm playing a maze stealth game taking out "guards". Little in the environment can be interacted with rendering rooms technically empty boxes (just like Bioshock Infinite), even pickups are rare be it resources or weapons etc.. most areas are simply rooms littered with cover elements. Not being able to move the bodies is the only real consideration and simply slows you down as you need more care and patience.. hence like most games like this once you break stealth there is the temptation to simply reload...

However saying this the character interactions are very impressive but I'm a gameplay guy really so this type of game is never going to be a favourite but i'm still enjoying it!. If you like the linear story driven titles I've not seem much better. It's a brutal game that deserves it's 18 Rating in the UK. Is this game ok for those Delicate Australians, their government thinks people who live in a tough land and are tough people where so many animals are trying to kill you need protected from naughty words and stuff?
RocketMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #20
PSPfreak
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMagnet View Post
I'm not a big story person I prefer good gameplay but I am invested in the story now and am interested in what's going to happen. This is good because mechanically I'm not having much fun, the areas so far I'm either walking listening to the characters chat or I'm playing a maze stealth game taking out "guards". Little in the environment can be interacted with rendering rooms technically empty boxes (just like Bioshock Infinite), even pickups are rare be it resources or weapons etc.. most areas are simply rooms littered with cover elements. Not being able to move the bodies is the only real consideration and simply slows you down as you need more care and patience.. hence like most games like this once you break stealth there is the temptation to simply reload...

However saying this the character interactions are very impressive but I'm a gameplay guy really so this type of game is never going to be a favourite but i'm still enjoying it!. If you like the linear story driven titles I've not seem much better. It's a brutal game that deserves it's 18 Rating in the UK. Is this game ok for those Delicate Australians, their government thinks people who live in a tough land and are tough people where so many animals are trying to kill you need protected from naughty words and stuff?
I do have to admit that while I'm not THAT far into the game yet I agree. I LOVE the mood and production values, graphics and environments and I am into the story but so far the gameplay has not impressed me in the least and is very boring compared to Uncharted as it's not very action focused and like you said, lack of being able to move bodies and lack of purpose within the environments is a bit disappointing. Hopefully it gets more intense later in the game (if the E3 video is of any indication).
Quote:

Tags
the last of us, weekly release list