Evil Avatar  




Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Amazing Spider-Man 2...
Last post by bub64882
Today 10:06 AM
29 Replies, 2,408 Views
PlayStation 4 Passes 7...
Last post by SaintBlitzkrieg
Today 09:50 AM
53 Replies, 2,684 Views
Rising Storm Game of the...
Last post by sai tyrus
Today 09:45 AM
12 Replies, 825 Views
Dragon Age 3 Inquisition...
Last post by sai tyrus
Today 09:42 AM
13 Replies, 804 Views
PS4 is Top-Selling...
Last post by SaintBlitzkrieg
Today 08:55 AM
109 Replies, 4,491 Views
Demon Gaze - Launch...
Last post by bigdaddybwb3
Today 06:22 AM
4 Replies, 619 Views
Warface - Xbox 360...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 05:47 AM
13 Replies, 794 Views
Star Citizen - Arena...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 03:38 AM
29 Replies, 1,707 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
randir14
Subscriber
 
randir14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,462
Battlefield 3: Endgame - Interview and Gameplay Footage


Battlefield 3 lead designer Niklas Fegraeus talks about the Battlefield 3: Endgame DLC. There's also some footage of the new maps.
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
Capt_Thad
Do a Barrell Roll
 
Capt_Thad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 4,672
hmm Light transport AA. That should be interesting.
__________________
PSN/GfWL: CaptThad - Raptr - Steam ID
Capt_Thad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,904
Oddly enough I think the addon I played the least was the armored one and I love the vehicles. I prefer using vehicles as support by fire positions and having infantry maneuver
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan
Valve hasn't stripped anyone of anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx
Steam has always been 100% voluntary. Origin.... not so much.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
ARGH
Death Knight
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 63
the video game world started going to shit when experience points somehow jumped out of the rpg's and into first person shooters....
ARGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
Ghostblaze
Evil Dead
 
Ghostblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gotham
Posts: 254
BF2 shits on BF3.
Ghostblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
_-Psycho-_
Dread Lord
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGH View Post
the video game world started going to shit when experience points somehow jumped out of the rpg's and into first person shooters....
I disagree. It works great in Online FPS'. Makes you wanna play just a little more go get the unlock or reach the new rank. I think it's very well implemented in games like BF3.
_-Psycho-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
randir14
Subscriber
 
randir14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,462
I like XP and unlocks in online games. It's nice to have something to work towards other than a higher K/D ratio.
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #8
3Suns
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: US
Posts: 683
I love the points DICE's BF games dish out. Not only is it a ton of fun to see the points rack up, but it encourages people to play their roles better and be better teammates. It is without a doubt, one of the most influential and important innovations of the genre since the melee/nade/shoot mechanic was introduced.
__________________
"When am I going to learn not to buy their products on day one? When am I going to learn that EA products include free misery?" Tycho PA
3Suns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:13 AM   #9
brandonjclark
Subscriber
 
brandonjclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostblaze View Post
BF2 shits on BF3.
By far.... BF3 is fun, at times.. but mostly it's garbage...
__________________
~B$
Gamertag: legisilverback | Steam Nickname: brandonjclark
...playing Rust
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #10
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon
 
sai tyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 4,832
Blog Entries: 70
I'm just done with Premium packs and Season Passes. It's supposed to add value, but most of the time only a third or half the content's worth your money and time. I loved BF3. But EA's hypocrisy regarding CoD Elite and then releasing this just killed it for me. I'm sick of buying half a game. There's no point in buying titles at launch most of the time because of this.
__________________
My blog: sai tyrus
Steam: sai tyrus

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
Syl
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 6,101
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sai tyrus View Post
I'm just done with Premium packs and Season Passes. It's supposed to add value, but most of the time only a third or half the content's worth your money and time. I loved BF3. But EA's hypocrisy regarding CoD Elite and then releasing this just killed it for me. I'm sick of buying half a game. There's no point in buying titles at launch most of the time because of this.
Battlefield 3 came out back in october of 2011 I gladly, and enjoyably, spent about a hundred hours on the game between then and now. (I bought the game last January, if i recall? For $25 or so)

I only recently, this week, bought Premium for another $20, and i've since spent about 10 more hours on the game playing aftermath and close quarters, haven't really delved into Armoured Kill yet. Even taken some of my new unlocks to go into the previous game.

I loved the fuck out of Battlefield 2 and (especially) Bad Company 2. So I have absolutely no qualms with spending < $50 to enjoy battlefield 3 for a couple hundred hours.

I also agree that the battlefield unlock and point system is one of the best of any FPS multiplayer game that I've ever played. I sometimes really enjoy just being the support guy who dishes out ammo and uses a 200 round belt-fed machine gun as cover fire.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #12
ARGH
Death Knight
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 63
in these competitive first person shooters the only thing experience points and unlocks do is encourage idiot gaming. dis-regard of teamwork, tactics, and being selfish accompanies it.

battlefield was about teamwork and landscapes but i guess that is too dificult for the idiot gamers of today.
ARGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #13
randir14
Subscriber
 
randir14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGH View Post
in these competitive first person shooters the only thing experience points and unlocks do is encourage idiot gaming. dis-regard of teamwork, tactics, and being selfish accompanies it.

battlefield was about teamwork and landscapes but i guess that is too dificult for the idiot gamers of today.
I think teamwork was actually worse back then. In BF1942 you had players camping planes, griefing each other, purposely destroying their own team's aircraft carrier, etc. I don't even think it's possible to team kill in BF3 so most players just cooperate instead. Plus the more recent games have better ways to tell if your teammates need health and ammo.
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #14
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,904
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
I think teamwork was actually worse back then. In BF1942 you had players camping planes, griefing each other, purposely destroying their own team's aircraft carrier, etc. I don't even think it's possible to team kill in BF3 so most players just cooperate instead. Plus the more recent games have better ways to tell if your teammates need health and ammo.
Only way I've seen tking is in hardcore mode.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan
Valve hasn't stripped anyone of anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx
Steam has always been 100% voluntary. Origin.... not so much.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #15
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred
 
Suicidal ShiZuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Right on the Beach
Posts: 7,659
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
I think teamwork was actually worse back then. In BF1942 you had players camping planes, griefing each other, purposely destroying their own team's aircraft carrier, etc. I don't even think it's possible to team kill in BF3 so most players just cooperate instead. Plus the more recent games have better ways to tell if your teammates need health and ammo.
Back in the day when MP was a hell of a lot more fun than it is now. Now it's all about tweeting your fucking achievements and collecting arbitrary shit like dog tags.
__________________
"This game raped my wife, slaughtered my son and left me for dead."
"I'm not trolling, I'm posting with purpose..." - PSPfreak
Suicidal ShiZuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #16
Syl
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 6,101
Blog Entries: 1
I think you just play with shitty people.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #17
Nilych
Reaper
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGH View Post
in these competitive first person shooters the only thing experience points and unlocks do is encourage idiot gaming
In BF3, I have to disagree. Playing your role, especially medic, gets you way more experience than being the lone badass gunman. 1 kill? 100 points. 1 resurrected teammate? 100 points. I forget how many healing ticks before you get 100 points, but it was less than 20 I think. Any time I played medic, if I didn't just stop paying attention entirely, I would be top 5 in a match easily. Many matches ended with me in top 3 with 0 kills. Fire support, watch the flanks, heal, rez.

And if you care about xp, you'll care about the medals- so now you're trying to figure out how to use claymores to maximum effect, or use the recon drone, etc. I don't see how this leads to uncooperative gameplay instead of trying to push people into doing more in the game than just trying to run & gun.
Nilych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #18
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilych View Post
In BF3, I have to disagree. Playing your role, especially medic, gets you way more experience than being the lone badass gunman. 1 kill? 100 points. 1 resurrected teammate? 100 points. I forget how many healing ticks before you get 100 points, but it was less than 20 I think. Any time I played medic, if I didn't just stop paying attention entirely, I would be top 5 in a match easily. Many matches ended with me in top 3 with 0 kills. Fire support, watch the flanks, heal, rez.

And if you care about xp, you'll care about the medals- so now you're trying to figure out how to use claymores to maximum effect, or use the recon drone, etc. I don't see how this leads to uncooperative gameplay instead of trying to push people into doing more in the game than just trying to run & gun.
20 points per "tick" of healing. If you just want to run a medic and even have a shitty K/D ratio you can still be the highest scoring from bringing allies back alone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan
Valve hasn't stripped anyone of anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx
Steam has always been 100% voluntary. Origin.... not so much.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #19
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon
 
sai tyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 4,832
Blog Entries: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl View Post
Battlefield 3 came out back in october of 2011 I gladly, and enjoyably, spent about a hundred hours on the game between then and now. (I bought the game last January, if i recall? For $25 or so)

I only recently, this week, bought Premium for another $20, and i've since spent about 10 more hours on the game playing aftermath and close quarters, haven't really delved into Armoured Kill yet. Even taken some of my new unlocks to go into the previous game.

I loved the fuck out of Battlefield 2 and (especially) Bad Company 2. So I have absolutely no qualms with spending < $50 to enjoy battlefield 3 for a couple hundred hours.

I also agree that the battlefield unlock and point system is one of the best of any FPS multiplayer game that I've ever played. I sometimes really enjoy just being the support guy who dishes out ammo and uses a 200 round belt-fed machine gun as cover fire.
You waited, which is what I'll do on the next go-round. I may not have made the point above, but from my end, getting most titles at launch isn't something I plan on doing much. Loved BF: BC2 by the way. Amazing game.
__________________
My blog: sai tyrus
Steam: sai tyrus

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
battlefield 3, dice, endgame

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:25 AM.