Star Citizen - Arena...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 03:38 AM
29 Replies, 1,707 Views

Old 03-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
randir14
Subscriber

Battlefield 3: Endgame - Interview and Gameplay Footage

Battlefield 3 lead designer Niklas Fegraeus talks about the Battlefield 3: Endgame DLC. There's also some footage of the new maps.
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
Capt_Thad
Do a Barrell Roll

hmm Light transport AA. That should be interesting.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Oddly enough I think the addon I played the least was the armored one and I love the vehicles. I prefer using vehicles as support by fire positions and having infantry maneuver
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx
Steam has always been 100% voluntary. Origin.... not so much.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
ARGH
Death Knight

the video game world started going to shit when experience points somehow jumped out of the rpg's and into first person shooters....
ARGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
Ghostblaze
Evil Dead

BF2 shits on BF3.
Ghostblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
_-Psycho-_
Dread Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGH View Post
the video game world started going to shit when experience points somehow jumped out of the rpg's and into first person shooters....
I disagree. It works great in Online FPS'. Makes you wanna play just a little more go get the unlock or reach the new rank. I think it's very well implemented in games like BF3.
_-Psycho-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
randir14
Subscriber

I like XP and unlocks in online games. It's nice to have something to work towards other than a higher K/D ratio.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #8
3Suns
Evil Dead

I love the points DICE's BF games dish out. Not only is it a ton of fun to see the points rack up, but it encourages people to play their roles better and be better teammates. It is without a doubt, one of the most influential and important innovations of the genre since the melee/nade/shoot mechanic was introduced.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:13 AM   #9
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostblaze View Post
BF2 shits on BF3.
By far.... BF3 is fun, at times.. but mostly it's garbage...
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #10
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

I'm just done with Premium packs and Season Passes. It's supposed to add value, but most of the time only a third or half the content's worth your money and time. I loved BF3. But EA's hypocrisy regarding CoD Elite and then releasing this just killed it for me. I'm sick of buying half a game. There's no point in buying titles at launch most of the time because of this.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
Syl
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai tyrus View Post
I'm just done with Premium packs and Season Passes. It's supposed to add value, but most of the time only a third or half the content's worth your money and time. I loved BF3. But EA's hypocrisy regarding CoD Elite and then releasing this just killed it for me. I'm sick of buying half a game. There's no point in buying titles at launch most of the time because of this.
Battlefield 3 came out back in october of 2011 I gladly, and enjoyably, spent about a hundred hours on the game between then and now. (I bought the game last January, if i recall? For $25 or so)

I only recently, this week, bought Premium for another $20, and i've since spent about 10 more hours on the game playing aftermath and close quarters, haven't really delved into Armoured Kill yet. Even taken some of my new unlocks to go into the previous game.

I loved the fuck out of Battlefield 2 and (especially) Bad Company 2. So I have absolutely no qualms with spending < $50 to enjoy battlefield 3 for a couple hundred hours.

I also agree that the battlefield unlock and point system is one of the best of any FPS multiplayer game that I've ever played. I sometimes really enjoy just being the support guy who dishes out ammo and uses a 200 round belt-fed machine gun as cover fire.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #12
ARGH
Death Knight

in these competitive first person shooters the only thing experience points and unlocks do is encourage idiot gaming. dis-regard of teamwork, tactics, and being selfish accompanies it.

battlefield was about teamwork and landscapes but i guess that is too dificult for the idiot gamers of today.
ARGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #13
randir14
Subscriber

Quote:
in these competitive first person shooters the only thing experience points and unlocks do is encourage idiot gaming. dis-regard of teamwork, tactics, and being selfish accompanies it.

battlefield was about teamwork and landscapes but i guess that is too dificult for the idiot gamers of today.
I think teamwork was actually worse back then. In BF1942 you had players camping planes, griefing each other, purposely destroying their own team's aircraft carrier, etc. I don't even think it's possible to team kill in BF3 so most players just cooperate instead. Plus the more recent games have better ways to tell if your teammates need health and ammo.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #14
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
I think teamwork was actually worse back then. In BF1942 you had players camping planes, griefing each other, purposely destroying their own team's aircraft carrier, etc. I don't even think it's possible to team kill in BF3 so most players just cooperate instead. Plus the more recent games have better ways to tell if your teammates need health and ammo.
Only way I've seen tking is in hardcore mode.
Quote:
Old 03-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #15
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
Back in the day when MP was a hell of a lot more fun than it is now. Now it's all about tweeting your fucking achievements and collecting arbitrary shit like dog tags.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #16
Syl
Evil Dead

I think you just play with shitty people.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #17
Nilych
Reaper

Quote:
in these competitive first person shooters the only thing experience points and unlocks do is encourage idiot gaming
In BF3, I have to disagree. Playing your role, especially medic, gets you way more experience than being the lone badass gunman. 1 kill? 100 points. 1 resurrected teammate? 100 points. I forget how many healing ticks before you get 100 points, but it was less than 20 I think. Any time I played medic, if I didn't just stop paying attention entirely, I would be top 5 in a match easily. Many matches ended with me in top 3 with 0 kills. Fire support, watch the flanks, heal, rez.

And if you care about xp, you'll care about the medals- so now you're trying to figure out how to use claymores to maximum effect, or use the recon drone, etc. I don't see how this leads to uncooperative gameplay instead of trying to push people into doing more in the game than just trying to run & gun.
Nilych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #18
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilych View Post
In BF3, I have to disagree. Playing your role, especially medic, gets you way more experience than being the lone badass gunman. 1 kill? 100 points. 1 resurrected teammate? 100 points. I forget how many healing ticks before you get 100 points, but it was less than 20 I think. Any time I played medic, if I didn't just stop paying attention entirely, I would be top 5 in a match easily. Many matches ended with me in top 3 with 0 kills. Fire support, watch the flanks, heal, rez.

And if you care about xp, you'll care about the medals- so now you're trying to figure out how to use claymores to maximum effect, or use the recon drone, etc. I don't see how this leads to uncooperative gameplay instead of trying to push people into doing more in the game than just trying to run & gun.
20 points per "tick" of healing. If you just want to run a medic and even have a shitty K/D ratio you can still be the highest scoring from bringing allies back alone.
Quote:
Old 03-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #19
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl View Post
Battlefield 3 came out back in october of 2011 I gladly, and enjoyably, spent about a hundred hours on the game between then and now. (I bought the game last January, if i recall? For $25 or so)

I only recently, this week, bought Premium for another $20, and i've since spent about 10 more hours on the game playing aftermath and close quarters, haven't really delved into Armoured Kill yet. Even taken some of my new unlocks to go into the previous game.

I loved the fuck out of Battlefield 2 and (especially) Bad Company 2. So I have absolutely no qualms with spending < $50 to enjoy battlefield 3 for a couple hundred hours.

I also agree that the battlefield unlock and point system is one of the best of any FPS multiplayer game that I've ever played. I sometimes really enjoy just being the support guy who dishes out ammo and uses a 200 round belt-fed machine gun as cover fire.
You waited, which is what I'll do on the next go-round. I may not have made the point above, but from my end, getting most titles at launch isn't something I plan on doing much. Loved BF: BC2 by the way. Amazing game.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield 3, dice, endgame