Citizen Game

Dead Space 3 GameStop Pre-order Exclusive

Pre-order your copy of Dead Space 3 at GameStop and receive the exclusive
EG-900 SMG. It's quick and deadly! http://o.ea.com/13143
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
PSPfreak
Evil Dead

Will do. Planned on getting it day 1 anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
I don't believe in reviews.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

From the trailers I've seen it is too actiony/gears of war (anybody with half a brain can see that right?) like for me. Dead Space used to be the last "RE" left but I guess over the top action is what the masses want. I'll still play it if it is fun but knowing this is an EA game I expect a "EA pass" and I won't be getting it until it drops to 20... (unlike the first Dead Space) which is about the time EA drops their online play. To this day System Shock 2 is the best survival horror game in existence. I don't expect that to ever change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
You sir, are my fucking hero!
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
To this day System Shock 2 is the best survival horror game in existence. I don't expect that to ever change.
It was also a RPG, which might be part of the reason it was such a success with fans.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:15 AM   #5
PSPfreak
Evil Dead

Quote:
From the trailers I've seen it is too actiony/gears of war (anybody with half a brain can see that right?) like for me. Dead Space used to be the last "RE" left but I guess over the top action is what the masses want. I'll still play it if it is fun but knowing this is an EA game I expect a "EA pass" and I won't be getting it until it drops to 20... (unlike the first Dead Space) which is about the time EA drops their online play. To this day System Shock 2 is the best survival horror game in existence. I don't expect that to ever change.
I'm sorry you can't enjoy a game that's similar to something else. I mean, what games do THAT???
Quote:
Old 12-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
RocketMagnet
Subscriber

Thats the point imo PSPFreak.. DS offered something a little bit different now
we get yet another Gears... So far actioning up RE style games hasn't worked.

Were spoiled for choice for linear set piece action games, nice to actually have
something which doesnt treat you like a total retard for a change. Yes i do like
all out action games but I prefer full on Quake style over classed based games.
Certainly don't like these set pieced games and we have to rely on smaller dev houses
to give us some compelling or unique gameplay.

Look here now.. do this now... im taking control to force you to watch.. no you can't
skip this shit we paid actors to voice it... no you have no choice you must do x by time x.. cover based pop up shooting gallery .. yawn... heck even FC3 was wresting control
from me to force me through some laughable setpieces, clearly ironic nonsensical stuff
like getting captured but still having you full weapon inverntory when you get free :P
but i couldnt skip the drivel all i wanted to do was get back to playing the game...

I think it's why anything that does something different to this gets serious fanboy support ilke Dead Space 1+2 and Dark Souls etc.... hence why we get pissed
when they change it into everything else...

Could still be a good game but the videos have looked poor so far imo... certainly
does look like a reskinned gears/uncharted clone to me but i could be proved wrong.
RocketMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
PSPfreak
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMagnet View Post
Thats the point imo PSPFreak.. DS offered something a little bit different now
we get yet another Gears... So far actioning up RE style games hasn't worked.

Were spoiled for choice for linear set piece action games, nice to actually have
something which doesnt treat you like a total retard for a change. Yes i do like
all out action games but I prefer full on Quake style over classed based games.
Certainly don't like these set pieced games and we have to rely on smaller dev houses
to give us some compelling or unique gameplay.

Look here now.. do this now... im taking control to force you to watch.. no you can't
skip this shit we paid actors to voice it... no you have no choice you must do x by time x.. cover based pop up shooting gallery .. yawn... heck even FC3 was wresting control
from me to force me through some laughable setpieces, clearly ironic nonsensical stuff
like getting captured but still having you full weapon inverntory when you get free :P
but i couldnt skip the drivel all i wanted to do was get back to playing the game...

I think it's why anything that does something different to this gets serious fanboy support ilke Dead Space 1+2 and Dark Souls etc.... hence why we get pissed
when they change it into everything else...

Could still be a good game but the videos have looked poor so far imo... certainly
does look like a reskinned gears/uncharted clone to me but i could be proved wrong.
People are so quick to label a game. I'm so sick of hearing EVERYTHING compared to Gears/COD just because it's the same genre. Guess what? Saints Row is like GTA, Sonic is like Mario, Silent Hill is like Resident Evil, etc. etc. etc. We can do this all day. These types of comparisons are moronic. DS2 may have lost a lot of the horror element but it was still one of the best games I've ever played so who am I to complain?
Quote:
Old 12-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
I'm sorry you can't enjoy a game that's similar to something else. I mean, what games do THAT???
You missed my whole point. Some of us don't like over the top action in every genre specially one that showed promise. I never said I won't enjoy the game but I was talking about the absence of survival horror games in mind not bashing anything. We knew DS was gonna go into these kinds of waters but not this soon. Gameplay wise it HAS become Gears which is a shame since I'm not fond of Gears. RocketMagnet explained that to you but I guess you took it the wrong way.

Either way I'll get this when it drops and I will keep my eyes open for any remaining Survival horror games.
Quote:
Old 12-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #9
PSPfreak
Evil Dead

Quote:
You missed my whole point. Some of us don't like over the top action in every genre specially one that showed promise. I never said I won't enjoy the game but I was talking about the absence of survival horror games in mind not bashing anything. We knew DS was gonna go into these kinds of waters but not this soon. Gameplay wise it HAS become Gears which is a shame since I'm not fond of Gears. RocketMagnet explained that to you but I guess you took it the wrong way.

Either way I'll get this when it drops and I will keep my eyes open for any remaining Survival horror games.
That's fine, it's just the whole comparison shit is ridiculous. ANY game for the most part can be compared to numerous other games, unless maybe it starts a genre all by itself, lol. There will always be similarities. Not every 3rd-Person Shooter is a "Gears ripoff," that's just silly.
Quote:
Old 12-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #10
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

It was never called a gears rip off just way too similar for me to like it as a proper DS title but at the same time it won't kill any MINDLESS fun.
Quote:
Old 12-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #11
RocketMagnet
Subscriber

Either i've not been clear or you've missunderstood. Most games take many
elements of others, games designers are some of the biggest plageurisers about imo.
However I was simply pointing out that some fundamental mechanics are very popular
but resulting in simplified liner titles that essentially undermine the point
of the format. The key selling point of gaming is the interactivity and many modern titles
restrict this interactivity via linear fixed set pieces.

The fact that I pointed out specific titles (Gears) is pretty much irrelevent i could have selected
many many others (my point actually) and thats the thing DS2 was awesome as it has some unique
gameplay (or less used) so for people like us it was a different experience. Nothing
wrong with a pure action set piece title but when everything converts to this
it get pretty dull.. especially for older gamers hence why when they appear to remove
the key fundamental design philosphy of the title then i'm not too happy.
Personally i'm not keen on Gears or CoD .. i PERSONALLY prefer pure FPS titles, i want
to run about an shoot stuff not sit and watch endless scripted sequences..

Yes we are labelling the game without playing it but the demonstrations have highlighted
the change to more action orientated set piece .. like many many other titles. I suspect I'm personally more sick of these tedious set piece games than you are of people attaching labels to games.

Nothing gets me more excited in a game than when I can't attach a label .
Hence why I liked Dark Souls only thing remotely like is was its direct parent
and it doesnt treat you like your a fkin retard. I'm not keen on modern versions
of Dragions Lair... yet done via ingame engine its the same thing fundamentally.

I guess I simply prefer good gameplay mechanics over bells and whistles, the latter
sells games to the masses however and devs seem to think they are stupid
hence all the hand holding and forced sequences with little or no input.
Yes we have to live with it but don't have to like it and ultimately our opinions are
utterly irrelevent, sales dictate only, we can discuss here but its meaningless really.
RocketMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dead space 3, mindless masses