0 Replies, 1 Views
» Promotion

Old 06-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #21
Radiozo
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Scud View Post
We've pretty much decided to get a WiiU depending on a couple of factors:

If it is not as powerful as 360/PS3 we won't pay over $200 for it.
If it's the same power we won't pay over $250 for it.
If it is more powerful, then up to $350, but we wont spend $400 if it won't play blu-ray.

This is also dependent on a launch game that interests us (we do love most of Nintendo's 1st party games, but if it's just a sequel to New Super Mario Bros. without a serious increase in the number of powers/features then it's not gonna slice it).
I agree. I dont need a console that is just as good as the current ones. I need something better. If its not visibly better than the 360/PS3 then I need a damn good reason to buy one. New Metroid, Zelda, F-Zero in 1080p would do it for me though.

Im not worried though. Colonial Marines is supposed to be the best version for Wii-U. I hope they use the screen on the controller as motion detector. That would be really cool.
Radiozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #22
Radiozo
Evil Dead

And no it will not play blurays.
Radiozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #23
AspectVoid
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Same here, skyward sword was a horrible barren empty feeling game. Metriod was a letdown, DKC had you shaking the stupid ass controller. The 25th anniversary mario was mario all stars, derp...It just gets old watching them throw scraps on the ground like you are a moron. Their games are too expensive for too long. Its shrewd and makes them money but it pisses me off. Their stuff isnt that good to be doing all that.

Id like to see the crap they pull come home to roost and i think will be soon. Their online plan will be no good and as phones take a chunk of handheld gaming away that will hurt them even more.
I think you read my post wrong. Its not the software I have a problem with. My issues are with the hardware. Motion controls, this whole tablet thing, and insufficient hardware inside the main machine are just complete downers to me. If Nintendo put out Metroid on the x360 or made the next Zelda for the PS3, I would have pre-orders on the collector editions right away. But the whole motion controller on the Wii and now the giant tablet controller of the Wii U? Those are just such massive turn offs that I can't bring up any real desire to own either system.
AspectVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #24
see colon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectVoid View Post
I think you read my post wrong. Its not the software I have a problem with. My issues are with the hardware. Motion controls, this whole tablet thing, and insufficient hardware inside the main machine are just complete downers to me. If Nintendo put out Metroid on the x360 or made the next Zelda for the PS3, I would have pre-orders on the collector editions right away. But the whole motion controller on the Wii and now the giant tablet controller of the Wii U? Those are just such massive turn offs that I can't bring up any real desire to own either system.
On Wii, motion controls are a software thing. There are plenty of games that support classic controllers or Gamecube controllers, so it's not a hardware limitation at all.

And it would be great if the next Zelda was released on 360/PS3, but not a great thing on WiiU, which looks to be at least in the same ballpark in terms of specs (and probably better simply because it should have more fillrate and more ram). That makes little sense at all.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #25
Major Scud
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiozo View Post
And no it will not play blurays.
I know it wont play blu-ray, but I put that we wont spend $400 for a console that can't play blu-ray movies. I suppose if it was a lot more powerful than 360/ps3 we would save up for $400, but with Nintendo's track record that doesn't really seem possible. Right now our best hope is that it's just powerful enough to squeak out unreal engine 4, and even that seems highly unlikely.
Major Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #26
PSPfreak
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Thad View Post
Think so? How many people are buying 360's for anything other than Halo, GoW, and Forza? How many people buying PS3's for more than Uncharted, LBP, Gran Turismo, and the other GoW? Nintendo is killing the other systems for first party IP's. If they actually drop a platform that can compete on the multiplatform title stage, they'll continue to outdo MS and SONY. Wii outsold them on a platform driven primarily on first party games.

The reason they can keep selling Metroid, Zelda, Pokemon, and Mario(/kart/party/sports) is because the quality on the titles tend to be exceptional. You're selling the list of first party titles short though. Throw in Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Warioware, etc. Newer ones too like Pikmin, Golden Sun, and Endless Ocean. Older ones maybe, we could really use a new F-Zero or Earthbound. Nintendo has a massive catalogue of first party IP's to choose from.

Whatever new Super Smash Bros. title shows up (SSB Universe?) will be a system seller alone. As long as the hardware works and they put it at the right price point, and drop some real launch titles this time around, the Wii U is going to be a pain to get this Holiday season.

heh sidenote: Just noticed you used "I" instead of "people", so don't take offense. I'm talking people at large, obviously I don't have any say over what you do or don't like as a gamer.
I pretty much echo these sentiments. Nintendo has more quality first party franchises than anyone by a mile. Nintendo soon "in trouble?" I think that's absolutely absurd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
I don't believe in reviews.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #27
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Scud View Post
I know it wont play blu-ray, but I put that we wont spend $400 for a console that can't play blu-ray movies. I suppose if it was a lot more powerful than 360/ps3 we would save up for $400, but with Nintendo's track record that doesn't really seem possible. Right now our best hope is that it's just powerful enough to squeak out unreal engine 4, and even that seems highly unlikely.
Well the WiiU discs are blu-ray, just that it doesn't play movies(saves Nintendo having to pay a fee I suppose). As far as UE4 goes, it seems no system other than PC will be able to get the most out of it. I would expect Epic would be smart enough to make UE4 scaleable across various hardware.
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #28
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Huh? Skyward Sword was a horrible, barren empty feeling game? Metroid was a let-down? I CALL* hehe, Call of Duty fan
Never. Unless you mean COD 1 on the PC I love nintendo that's why im so pissed. And yes, im sorry but to me metriod on the wii was metriod on the GC, (which the first one was great and i still play) with goofy ass controls tacked on to it. I will never play it again.

Im 34 years and because of age or a lifetime of playing video games i cant bend my wrist like a asshole to play a game for more than about 4 minutes.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #29
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Again, this is about the hardware: what the various features of the tablet are, how it works and probably a bit about the system. NoA states not to expect any games/Nintendo Network to be shown/announced. That happens on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

But supposedly there are achievements. Which give you rankings, which in-turn supposedly unlock content. So finally achievements actually do something for you... supposedly.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #30
Capt_Thad
Do a Barrell Roll

ha Hell yeah, they did add grips to the back of the "gamepad" as part of the redesign.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #31
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
I pretty much echo these sentiments. Nintendo has more quality first party franchises than anyone by a mile. Nintendo soon "in trouble?" I think that's absolutely absurd.
Hasn't Nintendo's profits been down for like 2 quarters in a row? How many more quarters can that happen before they start being in the Red?

The 3DS was pretty much a flop for Nintendo, they keep lowering the price to try to get people to buy and it isn't happening. If the Wii U doesn't do blockbuster numbers then they will be in trouble.

Keep in mind that the Wii U is launching this fall. That means only about 500k systems will be available come Christmas. (I made a similar statement before the launch of the Wii and it got me kicked off Nintendo's press list... Heh. They hate it when you point out that there won't be much hardware on the shelf.)

You can't count on the Wii U to bulk up the last quarter of this year because there will only be a handfull of systems available worldwide. I would estimate less than a million units worldwide. That isn't enough to help out a company that is beginning to bleed cash.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #32
Capt_Thad
Do a Barrell Roll

I'm a fan.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #33
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

OMG! They won E3 before it even started. Take my money!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #34
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Keep in mind that the Wii U is launching this fall. That means only about 500k systems will be available come Christmas. (I made a similar statement before the launch of the Wii and it got me kicked off Nintendo's press list... Heh. They hate it when you point out that there won't be much hardware on the shelf.)
Iirc, the Wii actually launched with 1 million units. So...
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #35
Morpheus
Evil Dead

I'm with Hellstorm. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

I really can't wait for the Wii U. Fuck PS 4 and X-box 720!
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #36
ElektroDragon
Panzermensch!

OMFG what a complete crap disaster this pre-show was. Waste of 30 minutes of my life.

And they still aren't introducing a trophy/achievement system. Not buying this at any price.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #37
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Thad View Post

I'm a fan.
That looks pretty slick.
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #38
ElektroDragon
Panzermensch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
That looks pretty slick.
So they can rip off the Xbox controller and the PSN/Vita Active Feeds concept, but not their achievement or trophy system?
Old 06-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #39
Capt_Thad
Do a Barrell Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
So they can rip off the Xbox controller and the PSN/Vita Active Feeds concept, but not their achievement or trophy system?
They only started touching on the Nintendo Network stuff. They still have a whole press conference for game titles and other features. They haven't even really said how accounts work, just that you'll be able to access it from Wii U, 3DS, and PC.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #40
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
I'm with Hellstorm. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

I really can't wait for the Wii U. Fuck PS 4 and X-box 720!
Dudebro controller, social features tied with games! Sending game content to one another, screenshots, universal remote, video chat, in-game messages, mobile app across ALL web connected devices (Nintendo on Iphone finally), gaming from the gamepad.

*High fives Morpheus*

Iwata you magnificent bastard.

Tags
e3 2012, nintendo