Last post by Venkman
Yesterday 06:29 PM
11 Replies, 1,135 Views
» Promotion

Old 03-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #1
randir14
Subscriber

Mists of Pandaria Videos

Four new videos of the World of Warcraft expansion Mists of Pandaria have been released. Click the headline to see them all.
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
randir14
Subscriber

randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
Anenome
Autarchist

Monkey knife fights???!!!

Ahhh, this makes me just a touch nostalgic for my ol' WoW-playing days. I can't believe Blizzard made me want to go back to WoW with that first video. I'm amazed. I thought I was completely jaded against WoW :P But China looks so beautiful, and my Dwarven Protadin would love roaming the countryside looking for adventure

But I just don't have the time. I literally fit in 10 minutes of gaming yesterday before bed :\
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
phantomhitman
Evil Dead

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 03-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
Anenome
Autarchist

Wooow, that second video is even awesomer, King-fu training poles over water, with pandas on them! Ha! Hello Ranma 1/2! Awesomer chinese trees, Pandas training in what looks like hand trapping, and chinese kites.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
Anenome
Autarchist

3rd video: Omg, they turned Scarlet Monastery into a heroic? That was always one of my favorite dungeons! It's where I received my first pro training on pulls and aggro, and later at max level I used to do Cathedral by myself in a single pull! ^_^ People were amazed by that I'd take people in with me and tell them to hang back then run around, aggro everything, and AOE them down on my protadin, using a couple special items that gave me mana back for each block. Which is a lot of mana when you've got 100 dudes wailing on you :P
Old 03-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #7
Anenome
Autarchist

4th vid: Man, i can't get over how beautiful the environs are. They've never made anything this pretty.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
phantomhitman
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
3rd video: Omg, they turned Scarlet Monastery into a heroic? That was always one of my favorite dungeons! It's where I received my first pro training on pulls and aggro, and later at max level I used to do Cathedral by myself in a single pull! ^_^ People were amazed by that I'd take people in with me and tell them to hang back then run around, aggro everything, and AOE them down on my protadin, using a couple special items that gave me mana back for each block. Which is a lot of mana when you've got 100 dudes wailing on you :P
SM is just one section, but yes it is a heroic.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #9
vallor
Evil Dead

Blizzard decided they didn't want my business with their handling of Cata. As interesting as this new content looks I doubt they've changed their approach enough that it has become more inclusive of their entire playerbase rather than the hardcore.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #10
Primus
Valar Morghulis

These videos just show why they have dominated the genre for so long.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #11
Anenome
Autarchist

Cata is weird to me, it's like a WoW black hole. I know less about Cata than any other expansion. Cata doesn't bring anything to mind. Like, something about a dragon and dwarves? I think?
Old 03-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
Medic454
Dread Lord

Yeah, yeah, same ole BS. Nice architectures and colors but that's about all. SM as a heroic!? My God SM was so boring, repetitive, and long. Now they've gone and updated it... Big deal. Have their developers run out of new ideas? I didn't like them rehashing the other vanilla dungeons and probably won't like these.

I knw, i know, I don't have to play and probably won't but you'd think after 7 years they could come up with something more then Kung Fu Panda. My 8 year old will enjoy it but I'll wait until they go free to play to play again.

Don't flame me, this is just a rant to get "signing up for the next year for a mount" off my chest. The tyrial's mount didn't even look that good. Oh well at least I get my free Diablo III game.

Thanks for letting me get that out.
Medic454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
Mazzicc
Evil Dead

These are some of the most boring videos I've ever seen Blizz put out. Lucky for them I already wanted to play this expansion, because those in no way made me interested. I actually watched those and thought "hmm, maybe I won't come back for this one"

Then I saw they made SM and Scholo heroic.
Mazzicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #14
solinari6
Evil Dead

I'm really digging the music on these trailers.
solinari6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #15
Anenome
Autarchist

If they ever make WoW free to play, I'll come back on my off hours. Might even spend some money too. But there's no way I'll ever do a subscription again.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #16
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzicc View Post
These are some of the most boring videos I've ever seen Blizz put out. Lucky for them I already wanted to play this expansion, because those in no way made me interested. I actually watched those and thought "hmm, maybe I won't come back for this one"

Then I saw they made SM and Scholo heroic.
Which is fine, so long as recycled content and architecture doesn't represent 50% of the expansion like in Cata.

Recycled content:
H DM
H SFK
H ZG
H ZA

Recycled architecture:
End Time
Hour of Twilight
Dragon Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
I'm really digging the music on these trailers.
WoW has music?
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #17
Anenome
Autarchist

I remember now, in Cata all they did was like add Worgen and then redid all the original content from level 1, right?

Guess they figured their biggest challenge was gaining new subs or something, as if people walked away before making max level, like all the level cap increases they've added on became a new obstacle.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #18
Chimpbot
King Ghidorah

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Blizzard decided they didn't want my business with their handling of Cata. As interesting as this new content looks I doubt they've changed their approach enough that it has become more inclusive of their entire playerbase rather than the hardcore.
If anything, Cata has made it easier to do things, such as fight the lass boss of the expansion...something the majority of players rarely got to do. Once you hit 85, all you need to do is run enough heroic dungeons to hit the minimum item level(which doesn't take that long) and you can then use the Looking For Raid tool...which lets you participate in the Dragon Soul raid, where you ultimately fight Deathwing. The last boss.

Hell, you don't even need to raid to get fantastic gear; you earn Valor points every time you complete a heroic using the Looking For Group tool, which in turn will net you gear that is comparable to what you'd get from the Dragon Soul raid. On top of that, the three "Hour of Twilight" heroics drop gear equivalent to anything found in the previous raid, where you fought Ragnaros.

They're literally made it so easy to get snazzy gear and see endgame content that it's almost laughable. If this isn't being more inclusive of their entire playerbase...I'm not sure what is.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #19
Mazzicc
Evil Dead

I wouldn't call it laughably easy except in comparison to what it used to be. If anything, I think it's a much better game design since people actually get to play the whole game. That is not a statement on its business model design, however.
Mazzicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #20
Anenome
Autarchist

The easier you make it to get awesome end-game stuff, the cheaper it will feel to accomplish anything in that game. They have to realize a lot of their game's attraction is built on gear-envy :P

Tags
blizzard, mists of pandaria, so much nerdrage, world of warcraft