Last post by Suicidal ShiZuru
Today 03:31 PM
6 Replies, 669 Views
» Promotion

Old 02-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Welcome to PlayStation Vita Video

The PlayStation Blog has been updated with a PS Vita video in preparation for the handheld's global launch on February 22nd.

Quote:
PlayStation is just days away from embarking on another historic console journey with the launch of PS Vita — the most ambitious entertainment device you’ve ever held in your hands. PS Vita was first unveiled to the world as NGP, the “Next Generation Portable,” in January 2011 and formally christened as PS Vita during E3. In the time leading up to the big global launch day on February 22nd, we chronicled the designers as they created the world’s most advanced handheld gaming system and heard from some of the most-respected game developers in the business.

We also recently revealed what’s in the box for the PS Vita First Edition Bundle launching to early adopters on February 15th. Today, we wanted to welcome you to our world with this new video. Guy Longworth, Senior VP of PlayStation Brand Marketing, and John Koller, Senior Director of PlayStation Handhelds, show you everything you need to know to enjoy the out-of-box experience moments after you wake your PS Vita for the first time.

The day we’ve been waiting for is nearly here! Remember, kids: Never. Stop. Playing.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
Nimos
Evil Dead

Nice introductory video. Quickly summarizes all the Vita features some of I never knew about, like the Near app. I am now interested in Vita.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #3
NightRain
Evil Dead

I pre-ordered the first edition from Best Buy for $299 with a free copy of Uncharted in early January. Not really know if I was going to get the system or not but I have to say as it gets closer I'm wanting it more and more so I'm glad I did pre-order.

My GamerTag
NightRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
Cygnus
Evil Dead

With the lack of replies to this thread, I think this kinda shows that there is not that much of an interest in this. Sony is in dire need of a successful product. I just don't see it here.

I support Johan's support of my support of his support of the OWS movement.
Cygnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
PacerDawn
Subscriber

Lack of replies can be good and bad. While it shows lack of support, it also shows there aren't a lot of people in here slamming the product either.

Personally, I would be interested in this if phone and tablet gaming hadn't come along and ruined pricing for me. Now I can't see myself paying over $5 for any game, let alone the $30-$40 you will have to shell out for Vita carts.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
Cygnus
Evil Dead

If this was promotion for PS4 or XB720, there would have been ten times as many replies as there would be more interest.

Wasn't the price of PSP games about the same as for eVita games? I think smart fone and tablet game prices have kept portable game prices in check as they are competing against each other. Since cell/tablet games are digital, you have to expect them to be cheaper as the overhead is far less.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
liquid sleep
Lord

Outside of Japan the Sony portable(s) have always had the smallest mindshare (excluding pirates).

With the current state of the world economy people are facing an uncertain future, obviously. There's still a lot of restructuring going on. Quite a few companies in Ontario have up and relocated to the States (something unheard of before the recession). Where I work our contract will be up for renewal in 2013 and there's a real chance I'll be out of a job.

Gamers will always find ways to get their gaming fix in. Piracy (I don't endorse it), (Steam) sales, used games. The buy-in costs for new systems (system+peripherals+new library) will see me sitting on the fence for a while. This applies to all of the new, next-gen systems.

I understand why these companies have to push out new systems as their current hardware sales have plateaued, but I still think they're a little crazy for doing so.
liquid sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
Lack of replies can be good and bad. While it shows lack of support, it also shows there aren't a lot of people in here slamming the product either.
I like it. Dual sticks and a nice screen! Still not going to buy it unless there's a lot of must have games for it over the next few years.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimos View Post
Nice introductory video. Quickly summarizes all the Vita features some of I never knew about, like the Near app. I am now interested in Vita.
Thank you mr robot-to
Old 02-15-2012, 01:25 AM   #10
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Remember, kids: In. The. Bargain. Bin. By. This. Time. Next. Year.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #11
Cygnus
Evil Dead

Ouch..that is rather harsh. For sony's sake, you better be wrong...

Quick unscientific poll, who plans to buy one at launch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei-X View Post
Remember, kids: In. The. Bargain. Bin. By. This. Time. Next. Year.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #12
Anenome
Autarchist

I'll never buy one :\ When am I ever away from the house and have lots of free time too. Never.
Anenome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #13
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

I am buying one next week. I will let you guys know how I feel about it then.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #14
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

this time i will remember to call out "Oh the humanity" when this crashes and burns PSP style. Other than that, looks nice!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #15
oldjadedgamer
Old and Jaded

The whole going backwards and *requiring* propriety memory cards just to run the games was a big no-no for me and will now wait to buy the system. I'll buy it when the price is lowered, comes packed in with memory, and a free game like PSP 2000.
oldjadedgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #16
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjadedgamer View Post
The whole going backwards and *requiring* propriety memory cards just to run the games was a big no-no for me and will now wait to buy the system. I'll buy it when the price is lowered, comes packed in with memory, and a free game like PSP 2000.
You sound jaded :P
Anenome is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
playstation vita, ps vita, vita