Evil Avatar  




Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
The Elder Scrolls Online...
Last post by BeachGaara
Today 06:38 PM
2 Replies, 340 Views
Red Orchestra 2 Free on...
Last post by BeachGaara
Today 06:36 PM
7 Replies, 349 Views
Official Skylanders Trap...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 06:12 PM
0 Replies, 56 Views
Amazon to air HBO...
Last post by Mr. Lake
Today 06:10 PM
10 Replies, 362 Views
CPU cooling question
Last post by Zelos
Today 06:06 PM
6 Replies, 129 Views
Sin City: A Dame To Kill...
Last post by gawaintheblind
Today 05:26 PM
5 Replies, 442 Views
Watch_Dogs - Multiplayer...
Last post by bub64882
Today 05:03 PM
11 Replies, 471 Views
Godzilla - Nature Has An...
Last post by ashikenshin
Today 04:34 PM
26 Replies, 2,235 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
randir14
Subscriber
 
randir14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,462
MLB 2K12 Trailer



MLB 2K12 is scheduled to be released March 6th for Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Wii, PC, Playstation 2, DS and PSP.
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
ElfShotTheFood
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,350
I wonder if this will be the last MLB game 2K releases, seeing how their deal with Major League Baseball expires at the end of the year.

Some more competition would be nice. If you like video baseball and you don't own a PS3 this is the only licensed series of baseball games available, and it's not all that special.
ElfShotTheFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile
 
SaintBlitzkrieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 5,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfShotTheFood View Post
I wonder if this will be the last MLB game 2K releases, seeing how their deal with Major League Baseball expires at the end of the year.

Some more competition would be nice. If you like video baseball and you don't own a PS3 this is the only licensed series of baseball games available, and it's not all that special.
Yeah, I prefer The Show to this, but I wished The Show was on the Xbox. It is just a better quality game compared to 2K. I played 2K from about 2K7 to about 2K10... and thats when I switched to The Show, I couldn't believe the difference. It is seriously two different universes.
__________________
Bean's already on a power trip. Go Figure!
SaintBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
NightRain
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
Yeah, I prefer The Show to this, but I wished The Show was on the Xbox. It is just a better quality game compared to 2K. I played 2K from about 2K7 to about 2K10... and thats when I switched to The Show, I couldn't believe the difference. It is seriously two different universes.
Obviously this is based on opinion. I played 2k7 and then the show 08 and 09 then back to 2k10 which I liked better than the show. I had the Show 10 on PSP and it was pretty good. i passe don sports games this year, no time. i missed mlb2k11 and madden 12 and nhl 12.
__________________
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

My GamerTag
NightRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:09 PM   #5
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile
 
SaintBlitzkrieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 5,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
Obviously this is based on opinion. I played 2k7 and then the show 08 and 09 then back to 2k10 which I liked better than the show. I had the Show 10 on PSP and it was pretty good. i passe don sports games this year, no time. i missed mlb2k11 and madden 12 and nhl 12.
Some of it based on opinion, but the thing is, the presentation alone in the show was so much better. Pop flys werent even in the years game, neither were scenes of injury, all of sudden you just had to sub a guy in. Thats not real, take the time to animate that. It doesn't have to be much.

Then, all the little things, camera angles, fans, the displacement of fans, another little thing, like having he batter lose the bat on the swing. All of that was at a higher level of detail than 2K. Also, it seemed like 2K was more arcadey to the show.

Sure, some is opinion, but some of it means a lot to some people. Its the difference between a buy and a sell. Those small little details, go a long way with me.
__________________
Bean's already on a power trip. Go Figure!
SaintBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
gzsfrk
Punch, brothers, punch!
 
gzsfrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,002
Wow... is it 2003? I would've thought so by the look of that "Rookie" player model. That is some nasty uncanny valley going on right there. How come 2K Sports falls flat with the visuals and presentation of their MLB game when their NBA game is so fantastic in both regards?
__________________
360 Gamer Card: GzsFrK2
PSN ID: GzsFrK
iOS Game Center: GzsFrK
gzsfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
Rommel
International Playboy
 
Rommel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 5,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzsfrk View Post
Wow... is it 2003? I would've thought so by the look of that "Rookie" player model. That is some nasty uncanny valley going on right there. How come 2K Sports falls flat with the visuals and presentation of their MLB game when their NBA game is so fantastic in both regards?
I was going to point out the same thing. Only I was going to use Madden 12 as the sports game of choice. Seriously, that video looked like baseball on the N64.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:07 PM   #8
ElfShotTheFood
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzsfrk View Post
Wow... is it 2003? I would've thought so by the look of that "Rookie" player model. That is some nasty uncanny valley going on right there. How come 2K Sports falls flat with the visuals and presentation of their MLB game when their NBA game is so fantastic in both regards?
Well, they don't have to model nearly as many players in the NBA game as they do in the MLB game, so they can spend more time making them look good.
ElfShotTheFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:36 AM   #9
BeachGaara
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,422
This is still a thing? I thought The Show killed off all other baseball games...
BeachGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:14 AM   #10
Ozena
Subscriber
 
Ozena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachGaara View Post
This is still a thing? I thought The Show killed off all other baseball games...
It probably would have if it wasn't PlayStation exclusive. MLB options on Xbox are very limited.
__________________
Live life like you're gonna die. Because you are.
Ozena is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:04 PM.