Plants vs. Zombies...
Last post by Suicidal ShiZuru
Yesterday 09:41 PM
4 Replies, 382 Views

Old 01-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Madden NFL 12 Predicts Giants Win Super Bowl

The results are in from EA Sports' annual simulation of the Super Bowl with Madden NFL 12 crowning the New York Giants Super Bowl XLVI Champions.

Quote:
The New York Giants captured their fourth Vince Lombardi Trophy, defeating the New England Patriots 27-24 in Super Bowl XLVI, according to the annual EA SPORTS Madden NFL Super Bowl simulation powered by Xbox 360, the official console sponsor of the NFL and NFL PLAY 60.

Kicker Lawrence Tynes kicked a game-winning 40-yard field goal as time expired to lift the Giants past the AFC Champion Patriots, bringing home the Giants' second Super Bowl championship in four years.

The exciting ending was reminiscent of what took place in the title game four seasons ago when the Giants stunned the Patriots 17-14 after a heroic game-winning touchdown late in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XLII.

Giants Quarterback Eli Manning was named the game's MVP, completing 25 of 39 passes with two touchdowns and an interception. New England's Tom Brady also had a big day, throwing for 327 yards and three touchdowns with one interception.

Most of Brady's best moments came late in the game.

Trailing 24-10 with less than 10 minutes remaining in the fourth quarter, Brady led New England on a furious rally, scoring two touchdowns to tie the game 24-24, the second coming on a 14-yard pass to wide receiver Wes Welker with 1:50 left on the clock.

Unfortunately for New England, there was still plenty of time left for Manning and the Giants' offense.

Mixing in short passes to wide receivers Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks, and with key runs by running back Ahmad Bradshaw, Manning drove New York down the field and into New England Territory, setting up Tynes' second game-winning conversion in two games.
I'm rooting for the Giants. Who are you pulling for?
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
AspectVoid
Evil Dead

As a life long Giants fan, through good (current team) and bad (anyone else remember Dave Brown, Quarterback?) of course I am rooting for them.

But, damn, I am getting scared. Everyone and their grandmother seems to be picking the Giants, and they play terribly when they are the favorites. They're far, far better in the underdog role. I really wish more people would say the Pats will win. I'd feel far better about the Giants' chances then.
AspectVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
PatrickRes9
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post

The results are in from EA Sports' annual simulation of the Super Bowl with Madden NFL 12 crowning the New York Giants Super Bowl XLVI Champions.

I'm rooting for the Giants. Who are you pulling for?
The Giants. Hands down. The Patriots are the evil empire of football. In my opinion, they're classless, and have zero sportsmanship.

After seeing games where Tom Brady was touched, a flag wasn't throw, only to have Brady look at the refs and throw his hands up, then have a flag thrown -

After seeing the Patriots run up scores on countless games, taking advantage of hobbling CBs, to torch them and add to huge leads, with minutes remaining-

After seeing the Patriots pull antics like having Tom Brady punt the ball on 3rd down with a huge lead, for no tactical reason at all, then to go high five with Bill Belichick after rubbing a teams nose in the blow out loss, with the statement being: "Look, we could have our grandmother come in and play punter if we wanted to." -

After living in New England, and watching thousands of fans come out of the wood work suddenly, when the Patriots were actually relevant-

After Tom Brady holding a goat in a modeling ad for money-

GO GIANTS.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Giants have earned it, hope they take it. The Lions will give everyone a good run for their money next year with a more disciplined team. This year they were like a motown muscle car; tons of power under the hood, poor control. Plenty of time to tune it up.
So, confession time. I've had lockwoodx on ignore for years. I had no idea he was posting awesome stuff that would get the ads cancelled.
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
gzsfrk
Punch, brothers, punch!

Definitely want to see the Giants win. Can't stand the cock-sure Brady. Of course he's talented, but I prefer my sports heroes to have a dash of humility rather than an all-consuming ego. Hope Eli & Co. destroy New England, but it's not going to be easy and the odds are definitely against them, popular predictions notwithstanding.
gzsfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
Chief Smash
Excitement's my game

Unlike the rest of the football world, I don't actually hate or love the Patriots. I grew up watching and rooting for the Giants with my Dad though so I'm definitely pulling for them to win.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
Meeks
Subscriber

As a lifelong Eagles fan, I hate the Giants. But I hate the Patriots even more, so I'm actually rooting for the Giants to win. That said, unlike some others above, I respect the Patriots and actually picked them to win.
Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
PatrickRes9
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeks View Post
That said, unlike some others above, I respect the Patriots and actually picked them to win.
I respect the Patriots success. I do. But thats it. Nothing about how they handle it.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #9
Sloth
Evil Dead

I think i'd rather see the patriots win.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #10
MrWheeler460
Evil Dead

Lifelong 49ers fan barely getting over the sting of the NFC championship game. Really dont care who wins.
MrWheeler460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #11
PatrickRes9
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWheeler460 View Post
Lifelong 49ers fan barely getting over the sting of the NFC championship game. Really dont care who wins.
I felt for you guys...
That must have been rough. It was a great season for the '9ers, though. Very promising. They'll be back.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #12
MrE
Low Attention Span

Same here. As a long time Niner's fan, that loss to the Giants just about killed my desire to watch the superbowl. That being said, I'm more of an NFC fan, so Giants over New England any day.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #13
MrWheeler460
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
I felt for you guys...
That must have been rough. It was a great season for the '9ers, though. Very promising. They'll be back.
Yeah it hurt. My anger turned to sympathy for Williams though. I'm surprised he didnt throw himself in front of a bus, poor guy.
MrWheeler460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #14
NightRain
Evil Dead

I have said the Giants will win the Super Bowl since the end of week #3.

2011 Eagles Home Opener - Giants win
2010 Eagles Home Opener - Packers win and go on to win the Super Bowl
2009 Eagles Home Opener - Saints win and go on to win the Super Bowl
2008 Eagles 2nd Home Game and first home loss - Steelers win and go on to win the Super Bowl
2007 Eagles lost both regular season games to Giants - Giants win and go on to win the Super Bowl
2006 Eagles lose to Colts - Colts win and go on to win the Super Bowl
2005 - this is the point where I start reach for reasons the Eagles are cursed.

My GamerTag
NightRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #15
montemuscle1970
Evil Dead

I'm tired of seeing the Pats lose their games to the Giants because their defense falls apart like a house of cards. They've been the better team the last few years but they keep giving it up to the Giants. Well NO MORE! If I have to fly to Indianapolis and hold Belichicks family hostage myself, then so be it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by presage View Post
I'd like to go see PETA throw blood all over some native American's for wearing animal fur.
montemuscle1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #16
Chimpbot
King Ghidorah

As a lifelong Cowboys fan, I hate the Giants almost as much as the Redskins. With that being said, I cannot stand the Patriots at all. I hate the fans, I hate the team and I hate the way they play the game.

At the end of the day, the Giants are the lesser evil...and they're the NFC team. I will root for any NFC team(except the Saints. Fuck the Saints), any day of the week.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #17
TheHulk
Subscriber

Hasn't the winner of the simulation gone on to win the Super Bowl almost every year since this started?
TheHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #18
Chimpbot
King Ghidorah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk View Post
Hasn't the winner of the simulation gone on to win the Super Bowl almost every year since this started?
Their simulation has picked 6 of the last 8 winners. So, yeah...it's fairly accurate.

Amusingly enough, one of the two incorrect predictions was the Giant's win over the Patriots in 2008.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #19
PatrickRes9
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Their simulation has picked 6 of the last 8 winners. So, yeah...it's fairly accurate.

Amusingly enough, one of the two incorrect predictions was the Giant's win over the Patriots in 2008.
The price to pay for the prognostication power? A cover curse!

Well, the cover curse could also be karmic for monopolizing the NFL license to release roster updates and marginal game differences annually.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #20
Primus
Valar Morghulis

Redskins fan, begrudgingly rooting for the Giants because they are the lesser of two evils.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ea sports, madden nfl 12