Yesterday 07:08 PM
3 Replies, 1,577 Views
» Promotion

Old 01-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #1
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Mass Effect 3 - Pre-order Bonus Trailers

Quote:
Prepare for the Reaper invasion today and secure your pre-order gear! Shrug off enemy fire with the N7 Defender Armor and its amplified shields then drop the opposition with high caliber fire from the N7 Valkyrie Assault Rifle. When the enemy has overwhelming numbers bring the M55 Argus Assault Rifle into battle and unleash rapid-fire bursts to even the odds. If the enemy gets too close, stop them dead with the AT12 Raider Shotgun and its superior firepower.
Click on the headline to watch the M55 Argus Assault Rifle trailer.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
PopoWRX
Oghren's Drinking Buddy

And so the preorder wars begin! Sigh, I hate it when they do this.
PopoWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

I just had the discussion with a buddy. Do we go and pre-order this online with amazon and get a 10 dollar gift voucher, or do we pre-order with gamestop and get some guns that should already be given to you.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
Morphiuos
Banned

Games should just come with everything on it already. Why should it matter if you pre-ordered it or not? All pre-order is for is so that companies can compete for your $. Most pre-order prizes are lame anyways. Like the big useless map that came with Skyrim. lol
Morphiuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
Duskfire
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphiuos View Post
Games should just come with everything on it already. Why should it matter if you pre-ordered it or not? All pre-order is for is so that companies can compete for your $. Most pre-order prizes are lame anyways. Like the big useless map that came with Skyrim. lol
Pre-ordering actually helps them estimate how many copies to ship, especially on lesser known releases. There have been many many times in the past when a game has sold out simply because it wasnt pre-ordered often and yet was a popular title on launch. Having worked in the gaming retail industry, its extremely frustrating that people dont understand the importance of pre-ordering.

However, I agree that everything shoild come on the disc. Pre-order incentives should be purely physical stuff; i.e the fallout bobble-head.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
MrButtons
Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphiuos View Post
That's pretty much my view on all pre-orders since the beginning, but as a marketing tool it is too valuable to pass up. Just look at the TF2 hats that come with pre-orders, people get the game just for the those.
MrButtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #8
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfire View Post
Pre-ordering actually helps them estimate how many copies to ship, especially on lesser known releases. There have been many many times in the past when a game has sold out simply because it wasnt pre-ordered often and yet was a popular title on launch. Having worked in the gaming retail industry, its extremely frustrating that people dont understand the importance of pre-ordering.

However, I agree that everything shoild come on the disc. Pre-order incentives should be purely physical stuff; i.e the fallout bobble-head.
That's because every retail outlet took Wal-Mart's approach of "the less inventory you carry on the shelves the less of a liability your stores are." While this works for mega giants who can ship thousands of units overnight to where they are needed, customers of the smaller brick and mortar stores suffer when they don't plan ahead.

The customers at our EB were smart. They made friends with the employees and vice versa so we would order extras and stash them in the back room knowing all it took was a casual conversation about how great a game was to tip someone over the fence into a purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:

My thing with pre-ordering is this.
You should get "rewarded" for pre-ordering early. One of my friends waited till about a half hour till close to pre-order on separate occasions both MW3, and BF3.

When you preorder that late, you shouldn't get anything at all. You had months and months and months to pre-order.
Now the people that have ME3 pre-ordered already should be getting everything. If Best Buy is offering something, we should get it, if Gamestop is offering something, we should get it etc.

Next thing that bugs with me major releases (this is off topic) is that, they should have freaking lines for the people that have already paid the full amount up front and just want to run in and run out. Enough with the guy that brings in a stack of games to purchase this one, or forgets that he pre-ordered elsewhere. Reward the people that have pre-ordered early and paid in full.

Phew, now I feel better.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #10
Morphiuos
Banned

Quote:

That's a good point. Although I kind of think that when a good game ran out in stores it did create a higher demand for it. Like anything else pre-order has it's pros and cons.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #11
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
My thing with pre-ordering is this.
You should get "rewarded" for pre-ordering early.
Rewarding the customer for doing anything would mean less profits for the publisher. We wouldn't want that would we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #12
Major Dan
Conductor Dan

The problem with digital "goods" like this is that you may not be able to use them right away, because you have to level your stats up OR you can use them right away and then they become useless when better gear comes along.

Either way it is stupid and bothers me.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #13
Anenome
Autarchist

Pre-orders are a fun thing for super-fans. Pay no mind.
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #14
MrWheeler460
Evil Dead

Already have my limited edition pre-ordered since it was announced.
MrWheeler460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #15
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Dan View Post
The problem with digital "goods" like this is that you may not be able to use them right away, because you have to level your stats up OR you can use them right away and then they become useless when better gear comes along.

Either way it is stupid and bothers me.
You forgot one aspect. Or the gear you get is too powerful and ruins the game.

I had that aspect in Forza 3. I bought it when it hit 20 dollars, it gave me some cars, and the one car I got was jacked up and I was killing the competition. Made the game boring after awhile.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #16
Morphiuos
Banned

Quote:

I had that aspect in Forza 3. I bought it when it hit 20 dollars, it gave me some cars, and the one car I got was jacked up and I was killing the competition. Made the game boring after awhile.
Yeah, the dragon armor in dragon age was like that. I had that armor most of the game.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #17
Major Dan
Conductor Dan

Quote:

Yea, after I walked away, I figured I should have typed that. But I guess you don't have to use it then, although I have not run across that in a game yet.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #18
Pluvious
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopoWRX View Post
And so the preorder wars begin! Sigh, I hate it when they do this.

Agreed. I'm tired of having to figure out and compare which store I need to pre-order for the best bonus.
Pluvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #19
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

Who the hell was that guy in the trailer? Not my Shepherd.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #20
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

My male Shep looks like Scorpio from the Simpsons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
You sir, are my fucking hero!
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, electronic arts, mass effect 3