Last post by Suicidal ShiZuru
Yesterday 05:52 PM
7 Replies, 1,358 Views
» Promotion

Old 12-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
randir14
Subscriber

Battlefield 3 PC Patch Coming December 6th

The PC version of Battlefield 3 will be receiving a 2gb patch on December 6th. It will include a number of bug fixes, balance tweaks, a colorblind mode, and most of the content for Back to Karkand. Here are a few highlights from the patch notes:

Quote:
Bugfixes:
  • Fixed a problem where player who joined queuing on End of round got spawn screen stuck on screen, but unable to do anything with it untill next round loaded
  • Fixed a problem where TV guided missiles could be shot into its own helicopter and destroy it
  • Added alternate HUD colors to help colorblinds
  • Fixed a problem with smoke on land vehicles, Missiles should now miss more often
  • Fixed a problem where the user was unable to revive two players that have the bodies one over the other
  • Fixed a problem where you could get green flashes on screen

Balance Tweaks:
  • Fixed several weapons so they are properly suppressed and hide the player on the minimap when fired.
  • Tweaked Tactical Light so it is not as blinding over longer ranges.
  • Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.
  • Reduced the damage done to Armored Vehicles and Infantry from AA guns.
  • Increased the damage RPGs and Tank shells do to AA vehicles.
  • Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters.
You can read the notes in their entirety here
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

-The Good-

Fixed air radar was showing to much. now lasertagged, heatsignature above threshold, enemy missiles and capture points are only visible on air radar

Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.

Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots.

Slightly decreased the accuracy for all weapons on fully automatic, burst fire is now preferable at mid to long range.

Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters

Increased the damage RPGs and Tank shells do to AA vehicles.

-The Bad-

Increased the power of Stingers against Jets.

Reduced the effectiveness of Beam Scanning for Jets.

Reduced the damage done to Armored Vehicles and Infantry from AA guns.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #3
Skunk
Evil Dead

I have no problem with the AA guns getting a downgrade in damage to land targets. Even a mediocre player in that vehicle could be a total menace to the enemy team, regardless of land/air orientation. They should be a "shoot and scoot" anti-air option, not a minigun-on-wheels that can range tanks (due to shell drop).
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #4
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

My problem with it is infantry damage. If I can fire the AA gun at an angle to hit a soldier out in the open he should be dead.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:03 AM   #5
Capt_Thad
Do a Barrell Roll

heh No more sprinting over the side of bridges and dying on impact with water? That one bothered the hell out of me. I've made jumps into water as high as that bridge, no way is it lethal.

We'll see if the tac light and IRNV tweaks lower the whining. Mortar got a debuff too. Glad to see the stingers getting repowered, they were already near useless before the last patch. Will be interesting alongside the air stealth debuff though. Nice that the jets got a needed damage buff on the cannons.

Particularly like that weapons got decreased accuracy across the board in full auto. Also particularly like that the godlike frag rounds on auto-shotguns are getting a debuff. Was like a full-auto short range grenade launcher.

Plenty of other good stuff in here too, and it sounds like a couple other highly requested things being worked on. Just noticed the colorblind thing, can't believe that wasn't in there from launch.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #6
Raw
UNDUBs 4 ALL

YES, finally. This is the GOOD patch. It's amazing that this patch fixes almost all gripes with the game.
Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

I wish they'd make RPGs and tank shells do increased damage to the AAV. The AAV is a slow coffin in real life and extremely weak.

They NEED to make it so I can shoot people with bullets from the SMAW!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome
It [DDoS] may be illegal, but should it be? Where's the actual damage?
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
Pious Augustus
Death Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
I wish they'd make RPGs and tank shells do increased damage to the AAV. The AAV is a slow coffin in real life and extremely weak.
Isn't that exactly what they did?
"-Increased the damage RPGs and Tank shells do to AA vehicles."

Overall, very pleased with this patch. There's nothing in there I really dislike, and it looks like it fixes a lot of things I currently dislike about the game. The only two things I can think of that I still want would be:

- Reduce RPG splash damage to infantry when the RPG does not hit a vehicle. This way you can still kill someone repairing a tank, which I would argue is a necessary aspect of balance, but not spam RPGs through a choke point to get easy triple kills (which I think would make Damavand Peak and Operation Metro much more tolerable maps). And frankly I find it ridiculous that RPGs are basically better versions of the assault grenade launcher, even though assault has to sacrifice the use of their medkit to use that.

- Allow players to change their loadout during kill cams and the end of round waiting period.
Pious Augustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #9
randir14
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pious Augustus View Post
The AAV is the Marine transport vehicle on some of the maps: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphibious_Assault_Vehicle
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #10
Pious Augustus
Death Knight

Ah, sometimes it's difficult to keep all the acronyms straight.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #11
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
- Reduce RPG splash damage to infantry when the RPG does not hit a vehicle. This way you can still kill someone repairing a tank, which I would argue is a necessary aspect of balance, but not spam RPGs through a choke point to get easy triple kills (which I think would make Damavand Peak and Operation Metro much more tolerable maps). And frankly I find it ridiculous that RPGs are basically better versions of the assault grenade launcher, even though assault has to sacrifice the use of their medkit to use that.

- Allow players to change their loadout during kill cams and the end of round waiting period.
I agree on changing the splash damage for balance sake but I think they need to also reduce damage done by the 320 vs vehicles.

I do wish they would let you change your loadout during the kill cam however I'm curious how much of a problem this would represent towards getting defibbed.
Quote:
Old 12-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #12
Pious Augustus
Death Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
I do wish they would let you change your loadout during the kill cam however I'm curious how much of a problem this would represent towards getting defibbed.
If I recall correctly, I think it worked in BF:BC2. Even if you changed your loadout while down, if you got defibbed you'd just stand back up with whatever kit you had before you died.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #13
see colon
Evil Dead

Quote:

Overall, very pleased with this patch. There's nothing in there I really dislike, and it looks like it fixes a lot of things I currently dislike about the game. The only two things I can think of that I still want would be:

I'd prefer the damage the RPG does to vehicles to be increased, and keep the damage tin infantry the same, but halve the ammo you can carry. I think it's ridiculous that it takes 3-4 shots with the RPG to destroy a tank, and even more if you have an engineer repairing it.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #14
Pious Augustus
Death Knight

You can already kill a tank with 2 RPGs if you hit it on the back. Any damage increase on top of that would just be overkill; tanks would be worthless deathtraps. And the half ammo would easily be countered just by having a support on your squad.

Really the infantry-ground vehicle balance is this game is quite good; much better than any previous BF game.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #15
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

I agree on not needing to limit the ammo. It's easy enough to lose a tank in an urban area from more than half the players seeming to be armed with RPGs/SMAW/Jav and helicopters crushing you or jets doing gun runs.
Quote:
Old 12-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #16
see colon
Evil Dead

Quote:
You can already kill a tank with 2 RPGs if you hit it on the back. Any damage increase on top of that would just be overkill; tanks would be worthless deathtraps. And the half ammo would easily be countered just by having a support on your squad.

Really the infantry-ground vehicle balance is this game is quite good; much better than any previous BF game.
This hasn't been my experience at all. 2 shots in the back to disable, and a 3rd to destroy most of the time.

Regardless, the reason why so many INF spam other INF with RPGs is because there is little risk of running out of ammo. If you had 2 or 3 rockets, and it takes that to take out a tank, you wouldn't be wasting it on INF.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:06 AM   #17
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by see colon View Post
This hasn't been my experience at all. 2 shots in the back to disable, and a 3rd to destroy most of the time.

Regardless, the reason why so many INF spam other INF with RPGs is because there is little risk of running out of ammo. If you had 2 or 3 rockets, and it takes that to take out a tank, you wouldn't be wasting it on INF.
I'm willing to bet people would still fire those 2-3 rockets at other INF. Your general BF player isn't looking at the bigger picture just the next kill.

Also that low ammo count would make tanks much more lethal. If you only have 2-3 rockets then your gonna need 2-3 perfect shots to hope to destroy a tank. Also if your not destroying them in two shots your not hitting them in the direct middle of the rear.
Quote:
Old 12-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #18
Pluvious
Evil Dead

Wake me when they finally FINISH this game so can put my copy back in my 360 and play. Until then I'm enjoying Gears3, Dead Island and Saints3. Maybe next year sometime I'll go back to Battlefield3. Oh and I skipped MW3 altogether this time btw.

/end rant
Pluvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #19
shadow763
Tarnished Optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
in my 360 and play. Until then I'm enjoying Gears3,

/end rant
These are your problems right there.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #20
MightyDog