Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:01 PM
2 Replies, 477 Views
» Promotion

Old 08-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Firefall Beta Details

The official Firefall Blog has been updated with word that the beta invites will begin to go out at the end of August, and some details on how you can get in on the action.

Quote:
We are super excited to announce a few more details about the Firefall beta program. Yesterday, Mark Kern announced that the Firefall beta program will be expanded from just our Friends & Family to include members of our community starting after PAX Prime at the end of August. I wanted to take this opportunity to go over the beta selection process and hopefully answer some of the questions you all have been asking.

Getting into the Beta

There are multiple ways to get into the Firefall beta. The first is to sign up on www.firefallthegame.com and wait for an invite from Red 5 Studios directly. This is what many of you have already done. By registering for the beta, you are also already creating your Firefall account, joining the Firefall community, and participating in conversations directly with the development team giving direction and feedback on Firefall.

Over the next few months, we will be selecting users from the community to participate in the Firefall beta. To start with, these numbers will be small, but will grow more and more as we seek additional feedback, different computer configurations, and increased load on our game servers.
Thanks, Ravijn.
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Anenome
Autarchist

I'm there I'm so there

BEST GAME EVER
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
Ravijn
Evil Dead

Yep. Just signed up!
Ravijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5
Firefall is a game designed for massive co-operative gameplay. What is more fun than playing with your friends? It’s never fun being the one person in your group of gaming friends that gets an invite to a beta and the rest just have to wait. Since we want people to play with folks they know, we decided to shake up how beta invites are traditionally distributed and to take a note from some of the web-based application betas that have been a big hit in recent years.

At various stages throughout the beta, current testers in the beta will receive invites they can distribute to anyone they choose. The invited person will receive an e-mail inviting them to into the beta..

We think this is going to be an awesome way to expand our beta test size while building and maintaining an even stronger sense of community in-game. We hope this will lead to you all having even more fun with your friends and being able to give better feedback on your experiences.
Sweeet.
_________
Old 08-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

Very cool. The continual hyping if this game (especially from you Anenome) is starting to get to me!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #6
Coldeath
Evil Dead

singed up for the beta like 6 moths back i think and ihave not herd apeep rom them so far :S
Coldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
rubbishfoo
Evil Dead

It's been a long time since Ive been this excited about a game.

Hope they toss an invite my way.

Thanks to you too Anenome - I might not have been as aware had it not been for you sig.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #8
MrE
Low Attention Span

Signed up. I want to see how well they nailed the Jet Packs in this game. Games these days need moar jetpack!
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #9
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldeath View Post
singed up for the beta like 6 moths back i think and ihave not herd apeep rom them so far :S
yep ditto

no biggie tho, not super looking forward to a mmo version of unreal tournament 2004.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #10
Anenome
Autarchist

Course man

I'll be hitting all you guys with beta invites as desired, as they come to me EvAv will be ground central
Old 08-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #11
rubbishfoo
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
yep ditto

no biggie tho, not super looking forward to a mmo version of unreal tournament 2004.
I'm hoping it feels more UT99 than 2k4, but with troop transports and a bit of Tribes... although I don't see myself skiing & attempting mid-air mortars.

I've thought many a time on what changed between UT99 & 2k4... I played the hell out of both of those games & could never shake the feeling that 99 was so much better of an experience.

I think it was a combination of the weapon balance and weapon switch speed. In UT99 - it took a moment before you got the gun out. In 2k3/4 you could fire before it was even in your hand. This separated the elite from the average gamer drastically. There will always be a divide somewhat... but they sure handed them tickets and drove the train into the station.

Also in 2k3/4 you could do the "wall-boost-dodge-double-jump" trick. That really pissed me off... I could do it no problem - but what it did was divide the community into people who could pull it off and those who couldn't. Again, putting the average person picking up the game into a slaughterhouse.

Another thing was they did NOT balance the weapons... the Flak Cannon became an effective weapon at almost all ranges (except extremely long range), the Pulse Rifle wasn't rapid fire enough & became practically useless (except for putting up nodes).

The vehicles were IMO actually done fairly well - except the goofy ones they introduced in the "expansion patch"... which then didn't fit with the originals very well.

Then I played UT3 & decided that although I loved the UT franchise in the past... they were not moving forward... and it was a sad day when I realized that I would likely never have great matches again on Deck16.

Here is to hoping that FireFall will achieve what Epic could not.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #12
rubbishfoo
Evil Dead

Oh and Fuck CliffyB. I used to really like the guy and his stance on gaming & he turned into an elitist prick.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #13
Anenome
Autarchist

The beta begins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobos (Firefall Community Manager
Check your e-mails over the next few hours to see if you have an invite. We are starting small with 500 invites. Each of those people will also have an invite to give out to their friends. Welcome to beta! Let it begin.
No invite for me yet! ._.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:55 AM   #14
inscribed
Evil Dead

No invite here either. Why start so small? Uncharted 2 beta had 1.5mil players in the first week.
inscribed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #15
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inscribed View Post
No invite here either. Why start so small? Uncharted 2 beta had 1.5mil players in the first week.
Probably because Uncharted 2's beta was likely a "marketing beta" rather than an actual beta--meaning the game was done and polished. This is an actual beta, where the real game can't actually be played en masse until you have en masse players banging away at it. That's my best guess anyway.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:18 AM   #16
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

Signed up today and saw Anenome being his sweet self over on the forums there. Rock on bud, love ya! lol. Educating the masses on ridiculous guns and such!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firefall, red 5 studios