Wasteland 2 Early Access...
Last post by Qoz
Today 03:05 PM
2 Replies, 542 Views

Old 06-19-2006, 05:08 AM   #1
bapenguin
Beware of my Power Bands

GRAW: Chapter 2 Previews

IGN has posted up their preview of the upcoming mini-expansion for Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

Quote:
Starting next week, Xbox Live subscribers will have the opportunity to download this new package, simply entitled Chapter 2. What's in it? Just like all Ubisoft additional content, this package is a generous portion of real stuff. First, you'll get four totally new co-op missions, Coffee Plantation (Day), Shipping Port (Evening), River Depot (Dawn), and Jungle Mine (Day), designed by Red Storm studios. You'll also receive eight newly re-lit maps. "Re-lit" means that these should be familiar maps to you, but they are re-done with different lighting scenarios, giving them a relatively new perspective.
Team XBox also has a preview.

Gametrailers has a video preview of a co-op map.

Looking forward to this. It'll be a welcomed addition to Tuesday night GRAW. Hopefully the price stays low.
bapenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:20 AM   #2
mightbe
Won PAX

Yeah, I'd hate to see some of our players drop due to lack of buying the expansion.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:17 AM   #3
BrainDrain
Dread Lord

I'm really looking forward to this one. Hopefully I'll get my "repaired" 360 back next week in time for this download. I haven't heard the exact pricing yet, but I'm sure I'll buy it just the same.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:23 AM   #4
Jack Random
Professional Rebel

Stupid question: as a PC-FPSer, will I react with apathy, anger, or joy to GRAW?

Note: I did enjoy Halo 2 to an extent, though not online
I was a big Q3 player "back in the day"
Old 06-19-2006, 06:27 AM   #5
GodFather
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Random
god that seems like forever ago! I was a huge Unreal Tournament player, back then we had a group of us playing 3-4 times a week at nights. Those days were definitely the highlight of deathmatching online.
GodFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:36 AM   #6
Mortis
Go play BF: BC

This should get me back into GRAW, haven't fired it up in a long time.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:12 AM   #7
Wyrm
Lord of Dreams

GRAW is what I keep leaning toward when thinking of getting a 360. I keep hearing it's really cool, but I've never really been into Ghost Recon at all. Is this one different from all the others? (It'd have to be or I wont go near it). This is one of those games that could potentially draw me to the system, but I'm just afraid of the pricetag and I also fear that I'll hate the game.

Plus, since about half of the games I want to play aren't backwards compatible...
Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:19 AM   #8
mightbe
Won PAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Random
Stupid question: as a PC-FPSer, will I react with apathy, anger, or joy to GRAW?

Note: I did enjoy Halo 2 to an extent, though not online
I was a pretty hardcore PC FPS guy for a while (3wave ctf, quakeworld, etc.) and still love my PCFPS titles to this day.

GRAW on the 360 is an amazing single player game and a teriffic amount of fun online. The control scheme takes a bit to get used to but it's quite rewarding and the crosscom is fucking amazingly cool.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:31 AM   #9
Inspector Fowler
Gone

I am really happy about the lit maps. GRAW to me is perfect except for the totally awful "Vasoline-Brand-Night-Vision".

If this is what our soldiers ACTUALLY have to deal with for night vision, it's a wonder they can walk around, let alone defeat an enemy.

Of course, "re-lit" probably means some of my favorite maps will probably be turned into night ones as well. Bastards.
Inspector Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:57 AM   #10
Goronmon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Fowler
Of course, "re-lit" probably means some of my favorite maps will probably be turned into night ones as well. Bastards.
I assume that you'll have the choice between original and "re-lit."
Old 06-19-2006, 09:14 AM   #11
Montolio
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Fowler
GRAW to me is perfect except for the totally awful "Vasoline-Brand-Night-Vision".

If this is what our soldiers ACTUALLY have to deal with for night vision, it's a wonder they can walk around, let alone defeat an enemy.
It's also thermal, which is why it looks like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goronmon
I assume that you'll have the choice between original and "re-lit."
Yes. The original 4 co-op maps have been re-lit and they also re-lit the new co-op maps for us as well. So we're getting 4 brand new maps and 8 maps with changes to lighting. Pretty damn cool.
2007 - King Drewsky
2008 - bubbers214
Montolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:31 AM   #12
miah
Evil Dead

Awesome, I'm looking forward to future GRAW Tuesdays. Speaking of which, thats tomorrow. See you all then!
Old 06-19-2006, 02:37 PM   #13
Tempest261
Reaper

Am I the only one pissed that you have to pay for this? What ever happened to the day when PC gamers got this kind of material for free, which gave non-owners more incentive to buy the title in the first place. The only thing that allows Microsoft and their publishers to get away with this crap is that console gamers don't seem to know any better.

I don't know about you guys, but when I see this kind of "support-by-payment" I want to buy the game less. Same goes for EA and the BF2 series.
Tempest261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:43 PM   #14
IRONGUSTAV
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest261
Am I the only one pissed that you have to pay for this? What ever happened to the day when PC gamers got this kind of material for free, which gave non-owners more incentive to buy the title in the first place. The only thing that allows Microsoft and their publishers to get away with this crap is that console gamers don't seem to know any better.

I don't know about you guys, but when I see this kind of "support-by-payment" I want to buy the game less. Same goes for EA and the BF2 series.
the pc? ghost recon 2 downloads were free on xbox
IRONGUSTAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:46 PM   #15
Tempest261
Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONGUSTAV
the pc? ghost recon 2 downloads were free on xbox
Oh, I didn't know that. Now it's even more startling that 360 owners are just rolling over and taking this from behind.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:10 PM   #16
Tel Prydain
<3 Mass Effect

IF it was less then stated I would agree that we are being taken for a ride - but if you compare this to Perfect Dark (500pts for five maps) the GRAW package looks a lot better.
Tel Prydain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:24 PM   #17
Tempest261
Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel Prydain
IF it was less then stated I would agree that we are being taken for a ride - but if you compare this to Perfect Dark (500pts for five maps) the GRAW package looks a lot better.
Cost isn't the only issue here though. Whenever they release these extra maps, weapons, etc. (It's still not nearly enough to call this an expansion pack) for PURCHASE, it fragments the multiplayer community- just like what EA is doing with BF2. I bought one expansion for that, and I see virtually 1/100th of the people playing those maps, and sometimes it's hard to get game going at all. What is it worth then?
Old 06-19-2006, 07:06 PM   #18
ElectricMonk
Vaultdweller

I don't see it as that bad, even though I haven't got a 360 or have bought an expansion yet. Content like oblivion's horse armor seems like a waste of time and the type of things that should be free, but stuff like this just encourages people to make more content which is good. It's not like this is required to enjoy the game offline either.

I would like to see a real expansion though, not these 'mini expansions'.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #19
KamaItachi
人性を食ったテレビ

I've been off GRAW for a while, been too caught up in Oblivion to get back into it, but the shots of the mine level sold this to me almost straight away (as long as the price isn't too high). Plus more granadier weapons = hooray!