Last post by Emabulator
Today 01:16 PM
1 Replies, 299 Views
» Promotion

Old 10-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
sjenkins32-1
Subscriber

$DLC Officially Canceled For BioShock 2 PC

Those few of you still waiting for the two $DLC packs (Protector Trials & Minerva's Den) to be released on PC can wait no longer as they are never coming accorrding to Shacknews.

Quote:
On his Twitter account, 2K Marin designer Steve Gaynor wrote: "Official: Minerva's Den is never coming out for PC. Now you can stop asking me, internet. Please address any further concerns to @2KGames."

The single-player focused downloadable content released for the Xbox 360 and PS3 in late August 2010 for $10 (800MS Points). When it was originally announced by 2K Games--and when the DLC launched on console--the publisher promised a PC release was "coming soon."
And just recently, Sr. manager of 2K Elizabeth Tobey put out this statement confirming the worse and more!:

Quote:
I have an update on the status of patches for BioShock 2 and some answers to questions on features that have been outstanding for a while. We will not be adding vending machine sounds into any version of BioShock 2 and we will not be adding playlists for the multiplayer DLC maps -- we did look in to both options but due to technical and timing issues, these two fixes are not feasible. We are planning patches for the 360 and PS3 to fix some functionality issues, but they will not drastically change gameplay (and I'll post the patch notes when I get them -- these two items are still in with QA.)

We will also not be offering Protector Trials and Minerva's Den on the PC in the future -- and I want to say that I'm sorry for the disappointment this will cause to PC players out there. As always, if any of these issues change in the future, I will update you guys first, but at this point in time I don't want to make you wait any longer and these are the most definite answers I have and you guys should deem them final decisions.

Elizabeth Tobey -- Sr. Manager, Interactive Marketing, 2K Games
What I have in bold there is an update to a news post I made a few months ago when the Rapture Metro $DLC came out. In order to play a ranked game on the new map packs everybody in the lobby must have the RM $DLC, if even one person doesn't have it then only the default maps are playable...very troublesome to those who want those achievements/trophies and seems more and more like $10 down the drain.
sjenkins32-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
BabyJesus
It's a PIKEQUAKE!

I thought this one while not as successful as the first one was still did pretty well.
BabyJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
Johan
sub-$20 Gamer

They shouldn't tack on a feature (multiplayer) to a game that didn't need it if they're not going to make it solid.
Johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
Tolgar
Evil Dead

Too bad everyone and their dog wants to eat some of that multiplayer pie, even if the devs have no idea how to bake it.
Tolgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #5
sjenkins32-1
Subscriber

PC gaming ISN'T dying but with that notwithstanding, seems publishers this generation are doing their damndest to try to kill it anyways! (EA Spore DRM, Ubisoft DRM, 2K's not giving two shits about pc gamers, etc)
sjenkins32-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #7
Phinor
Evil Dead

Minerva's Den looked like the first DLC worth buying. But I guess I'm not buying it then as it doesn't exist. Might even skip few 2k games' upcoming games as they don't seem to think very highly of me and my PC.
Phinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #8
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

This coming from the people bringing back XCOM? 2K Marin fails all over again, the first time being Bioshock 2 itself...

Their damn offices can burn down for all I care we don't need any more of these half hearted devs doing anything for PC.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #9
drakkarim
Evil Dead

Location: in a van under the I-80 bridge, down by the missouri river
i think the bottom line (with all games) is speak with your money or STFU and continue bending over.

personally i thought both games sucked and never bought either.
drakkarim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #10
Judas
Evil Dead

That's a big slap in the face to PC buyers everywhere. FFS, the game was developed on a PC. Shame on 2k Marin. If reputations mean anything to a game developer, yours just dropped. It's not like people care about this stuff so much, as it is a principle that excludes a format in lieu of others. 12 million WoW players can attest to the base of PC gamers, and that's only those that play the MMO.
Judas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #11
Gedd
Evil Dead

2k is a console first publisher/developer. Many fucks were not given on this day in the PC community. Best wishes as they ride of into the soft glow of an xbox red-ring sunset.
Gedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Wow, hermits hate the shit out of consoles...but are consoles to blame here? Or a bad game that shouldn't have been released in the first place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
You sir, are my fucking hero!
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:41 AM   #13
xXJayeDuBXx
Reaper

I am probably one of the few that actually loved the multiplayer to this game but the single-player was terrible and I guess it's unfortunate that I purchased this game for the PC, a format that they obviously didn't want to support. Thanks for this dung heap of a game and defecating on it even more.
xXJayeDuBXx is offline   Reply With Quote