Last post by Primitive Screwhead
Today 07:37 PM
7 Replies, 710 Views
» Promotion

Old 07-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Just Cause 2 50% Off on Steam

This weekend on Steam you can get Avalanche Studios' action game, Just Cause 2, at 50% off ($24.99). The Prima Official Strategy Guide and $DLC are also on sale at 50% off.

Quote:
Dive into an adrenaline-fuelled free-roaming adventure. As agent Rico Rodriguez, your orders are to find and kill your friend and mentor who has disappeared on the island paradise of Panau. There, you must cause maximum chaos by land, sea and air to shift the balance of power. With the unique grapple and parachute combo, BASE jump, hijack and create your own high-speed stunts. With 400 square miles of rugged terrain and hundreds of weapons and vehicles, Just Cause 2 defies gravity and belief.
Note: Just Cause 2 requires Windows Vista or Windows 7 and a video card that supports DirectX 10.
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Blog
Evil Dead

I bought this, having lamented it since it was the same price during the early July sale. The demo was pretty fun, looking forward to the full monty delivering more of the same.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
MasterEvilAce
Evil Dead

I'll buy it when it's $5... the demo made it seem more like a fun sandbox, with little substance other than that
MasterEvilAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
Anenome
Autarchist

OS requirement fail >:
Anenome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
Chachamaru
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
OS requirement fail >:
Agreed. It's not like they're throwing out support for Windows 98 or even Windows 2000, but Windows XP, which is still a major O/S of a lot of businesses, gamers and universities. I like Windows XP and Windows 7's interface looks too much like Vista, that of which I dislike.
Chachamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
OS requirement fail >:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachamaru View Post
Agreed. It's not like they're throwing out support for Windows 98 or even Windows 2000, but Windows XP, which is still a major O/S of a lot of businesses, gamers and universities. I like Windows XP and Windows 7's interface looks too much like Vista, that of which I dislike.
{leads futuristic group of gawkers down the Museum of Technology - Early 2000's Hall of Intrigue}

"And over here my good folks we have a consumer product known as a "computer operating system" that was quaintly-named, "eXPerience". For many years "eXPerience" would satiate the needs of many home computer operators and enjoyed polularity through one of Sentient Internet Man (Sim's) early growth periods, Web 2.0. Sadly, a few people of this age refused to switch to a more current operating system despite the vast improvements in speed, reliability and ease of use. These people, known as stragglers, were eventually exterminated with great prejudice during the great PC vs. Console War of 2011.

..And look over here ladies and gentlemen and appreciate yet another consumer product which outlived its usefulness in the early 2000's, Mr. Big Mouth Billy Bass!
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #7
pwnophobia
Sophisticated Pirate

If you're on XP, get off it...NOW. I don't game at all on my home PC but after I installed Win 7 Pro on it I saw a SIGNIFICANT performance increase in file access. I used Windows 7 up until a few weeks ago when I got a MAC, but it's still my go to OS.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #8
92miata
Evil Dead

i want this bad but 12.50 or less is the most i can pay.....
92miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce View Post
I'll buy it when it's $5... the demo made it seem more like a fun sandbox, with little substance other than that
Yes, there is very little substance. It's simply the most fun a sandbox game has ever produced (RDR disclaimer, never played it).
Old 07-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #10
Anenome
Autarchist

I switch to a new OS when I buy a new computer. End of story.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:00 AM   #11
Nighthawk
Evil Dead

I tried Vista out at work and it was a big stinking bag of fail and I downgraded back to XP within a week. But when I bought a DX10 video card and rebuilt my home computer, I took the plunge on 7. Also upgraded to it at work, and have never looked back. 7 is FTW
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:44 AM   #12
docfate
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Yes, there is very little substance. It's simply the most fun a sandbox game has ever produced (RDR disclaimer, never played it).
For a game with very little substance, it is still amazingly addictive. I have 70 hours so far and I just started it again on Hardcore to get the achievement.

It has the "just one more village to raze and THEN I will go to sleep" factor in spades.

I can't recommend it enough at this price. And while you're at it, pick up at LEAST the monster truck DLC and the aerial pack. There's a crack/cheat out there to have the rocket parachute always equipped. That makes the game 100x more fun.
docfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:48 AM   #13
Chachamaru
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnophobia View Post
If you're on XP, get off it...NOW. I don't game at all on my home PC but after I installed Win 7 Pro on it I saw a SIGNIFICANT performance increase in file access. I used Windows 7 up until a few weeks ago when I got a MAC, but it's still my go to OS.
"If it aint broke, don't fix it" - Never had any problems with XP, why bother to change? My rig runs current games just fine, the only thing I'd want to change is going from a 32-bit O/S to a 64-bit O/S.
Chachamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #14
Syl
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachamaru View Post
"If it aint broke, don't fix it" - Never had any problems with XP, why bother to change? My rig runs current games just fine, the only thing I'd want to change is going from a 32-bit O/S to a 64-bit O/S.
XP is broke for my computer. I couldn't utilize most of my hardware (quad-core processor, 8 gigs of ram, DX10 card) if i was on XP.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #15
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce View Post
You nailed it, very little substance. I hop on to fly jets around now and then.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:23 AM   #16
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by docfate View Post
For a game with very little substance, it is still amazingly addictive. I have 70 hours so far and I just started it again on Hardcore to get the achievement.

It has the "just one more village to raze and THEN I will go to sleep" factor in spades.

I can't recommend it enough at this price. And while you're at it, pick up at LEAST the monster truck DLC and the aerial pack. There's a crack/cheat out there to have the rocket parachute always equipped. That makes the game 100x more fun.
Whoah there, pardner! You're bringing sand to the beach my friend.

I have almost 48% complete of the ENTIRE game, and for a guy with four kids, fulltime job and a 7-day a week workout schedule, that isn't bad!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #17
Isamura
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by docfate View Post

Something is wrong with me, blowing stuff up just isn't enough for me anymore. I need story, plot, and immersion. Every time I fire this game up, I ask myself "what's the point?" after about 20 min.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:37 AM   #18
brandonjclark
Subscriber

To be fair Isamura, I felt EXACTLY the same way after about ten minutes the first time I played it. However, I set a goal to get 100% completion in this game and it made every single time I played it thereafter simply golden.

Set a goal in games that are fun yet pointless and you'll find a reason to game again.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:09 PM   #19
Anenome
Autarchist

Now if only it had a story that provided a rationale that made it imperative to earn every achievement, then you'd really have something.

Tags
avalanche studios, just cause 2, steam