Today 12:09 PM
14 Replies, 1,104 Views
» Promotion

Old 03-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #21
Chimpbot
King Ghidorah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekuru View Post
I wholeheartedly disagree. If people are too stupid to actually read the text in the popup messages, then they deserve to go through life believing everything they see.
I assume this site wishes to be treated as a reputable news outlet, yes? Stunts like this do the exact opposite.
There are more eloquent and, dare I say, mature ways of voicing displeasure. This thread, however, is about as intelligent as a crap-slinging ape.

There's a reason why decent and reputable developers, such as Gearbox, don't bother with this site. Look no further than this thread for an example.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:23 AM   #22
BleedTheFreak
Evil Dead

I just love this reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Joke 'em if they can't take a fuck.
Sort of indicating his news is a joke.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:30 AM   #23
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
There's a reason why decent and reputable developers, such as Gearbox, don't bother with this site. Look no further than this thread for an example.
No, Gearbox doesn't visit this site because they are staffed by a bunch of pussies who couldn't handle it when rumors were swirling around that Colonial Marines got the rug pulled out from under it and that Borderlands wasn't worth the time or effort.

Instead of manning up and laughing it off they played "I'm going to take my ball and go home." which is a total laugh riot when you consider the idea that most people loved Borderlands and if they had grown some balls and stuck around they could have totally had the last laugh on me and anyone else who didn't think Borderlands was going to be any good.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:32 AM   #24
tekuru
Knight

Quote:
I assume this site wishes to be treated as a reputable news outlet, yes? Stunts like this do the exact opposite.
There are more eloquent and, dare I say, mature ways of voicing displeasure. This thread, however, is about as intelligent as a crap-slinging ape.

I don't really get why this is considered a stunt. Nothing about his post states that it is gospel.

Also are you authorized to speak for Gearbox, or did you just put on your own ape suit?
tekuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:25 AM   #25
Chimpbot
King Ghidorah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekuru View Post
I don't really get why this is considered a stunt. Nothing about his post states that it is gospel.

Also are you authorized to speak for Gearbox, or did you just put on your own ape suit?
Am I authorized to speak for Gearbox? No.
Did I witness Evil Avatar sling shit at Gearbox and Randy Pitchford himself in the last of many inflammatory Borderlands threads? Yes.
I watched it as it all "went down", and not a single person from Gearbox has been back since. I can only assume they want nothing more to do with a site like this due to the behavior of the man in charge.

Threads like this are childish, immature and embarrassing. Clearly, I'm the only member of the minority...so, fair enough. You win. Have at it.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:25 AM   #26
Rommel
International Playboy

I found it amusing at first, when it was in its build phase. It lost its subtly and humor quickly though.

Quote:
Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items
UbiSoft's New DRM System in Action
Yeah, that part I do not agree with. But at least you didn't dare insult the quality of the reviews around here. You're only allowed to claim reviews are poorly written, without offering to do them for free using your own games, if they are on another site such as IGN or Gamespot.

Does IGN or Gamespot still exist?

Ever wonder who someone is talking to when they end their posts in questions?

I'm with Jigglypuff.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:30 AM   #27
modeps
Get busy living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
I found it amusing at first, when it was in its build phase. It lost its subtly and humor quickly though.

Yeah, that part I do not agree with. But at least you didn't dare insult the quality of the reviews around here. You're only allowed to claim reviews are poorly written, without offering to do them for free using your own games, if they are on another site such as IGN or Gamespot.

Does IGN or Gamespot still exist?

Ever wonder who someone is talking to when they end their posts in questions?

I'm with Jigglypuff.
Are you drunk already (still) Rommel?
Old 03-10-2010, 07:37 AM   #28
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
I watched it as it all "went down", and not a single person from Gearbox has been back since. I can only assume they want nothing more to do with a site like this due to the behavior of the man in charge.
Yet they were totally comfortable participating here when it was other developers who were under the microscope. What a bunch of hypocrites.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:14 AM   #29
Chimpbot
King Ghidorah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Yet they were totally comfortable participating here when it was other developers who were under the microscope. What a bunch of hypocrites.
I'll give you that; they're not innocent. Like most folks, they don't care until it's their own feathers being ruffled.

It still doesn't justify the behavior on our end, though. While they didn't speak up for others, they still left for a reason.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #30
Jadedgamer
Death Knight

I cannot imagine anyone actually BUYING ANY GAME with this crap in it. Seriously. SAVE YOUR MONEY.
Jadedgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #31
captainspankypants
Evil Dead

This is the only gaming "news" site I visit. You know why? Because it isn't really a news site. It's basically a message board that happens to have a news topic as the front page. The posts are by actual people, saying what they think. If you go to IGN or Gamespot or one of those shitty sites, you have no idea what you're getting. The stories feel like every word was decided on in committee and approved through corporate executives. The news and reviews are literally indistinguishable from company press releases and marketing materials.

I would rather read what real people have to say and occasionally get pissed off or wonder why they have to be so stupid than choke on the same marketing bullshit you get everywhere else. If you don't like it, you can fuck right off and come back when you learn how to communicate like a human being. You won't be missed.
captainspankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #32
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainspankypants View Post
This is the only gaming "news" site I visit. You know why? Because it isn't really a news site. It's basically a message board that happens to have a news topic as the front page. The posts are by actual people, saying what they think. If you go to IGN or Gamespot or one of those shitty sites, you have no idea what you're getting. The stories feel like every word was decided on in committee and approved through corporate executives. The news and reviews are literally indistinguishable from company press releases and marketing materials.

I would rather read what real people have to say and occasionally get pissed off or wonder why they have to be so stupid than choke on the same marketing bullshit you get everywhere else. If you don't like it, you can fuck right off and come back when you learn how to communicate like a human being. You won't be missed.
You win sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
You sir, are my fucking hero!
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #33
ElektroDragon
Panzermensch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornbarspingvinen View Post
The intergrity of NEWS reporting on this site is getting pathetic.
You mean you actually take this site seriously? There's a splinter site for those who want nothing but serious, professional game news. I appreciate the Evil... this site should become The Onion of game journalism. The top two posted videos are HILARIOUS!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #34
spdiscus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
There's a splinter site for those who want nothing but serious, professional game news.
And that is?
Old 03-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #35
modeps
Get busy living.

Quote:
I appreciate the Evil... this site should become The Onion of game journalism.
Considering that just about everything we post is legitimate news (with a few exceptions here and there) and not just "for the lulz", calling us the Onion is certainly a misnomer.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #36
VorianScript
Reaper

okay so now ubisoft is evil, which game company am I supposed to be able to trust?
VorianScript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #37
modeps
Get busy living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VorianScript View Post
okay so now ubisoft is evil, which game company am I supposed to be able to trust?
Trust no one over thirty...

wait, /me looks at age

Trust no one over forty.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #38
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
There's a sphincter site for those who want nothing but serious, professional game news.
Heh, heh. He said sphincter.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #39
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

This place used to be "serious" almost respectable ...with attitude. I expect it to become even more popular haven for those unhappy with conventional "gamer" sites; essentially paid proxy and markering sites for the publishers. Its pretty clear UBI is trying to kill PC gaming. No one should buy this.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #40
Pluvious
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainspankypants View Post

Well said, and that's why this site is my home page.
Pluvious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drm, ubisoft