4 Replies, 335 Views
» Promotion

Old 10-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #61
Johan
sub-$20 Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
One day, Johan is the herpes of EvAv.
I'd have to contract it from you first, and let's just say that you're not getting close enough to give it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
Ahh where to start...
Herpes isn't something you can cure. Cure for Origin? Uninstall it don't use it (oddly enough no flare ups... wild right?).
If you support Origin by paying for games that utilize it, uninstalling it is better than nothing but worse than never paying for it at all.

Quote:
Also take note that YOU are declaring that it is full of bugs so now that is your statement and not someone else's. This is clearly your claim.
Hahaha! Take it up with the people who have played it and complained about its bugginess. Thatís between you, them, and EA/DICE.

Quote:
But yes indeed spending too much time
Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Good start.

Quote:
So you don't preach of boycotting business that you feel have poor practices? (notice I didn't say that you directly named Activision as a boycotted company).
Youíre a liar. You stated I was calling for a boycott. Your words: ďYou preach of boycotting businesses with practices that "screw" gamersĒ

Nope. I said: ďI deal with them as little as possible.Ē

Stop lying. Itís a major character flaw. The only company I have a complete boycott against in gaming is GameStop. Theyíre the only company I avoid completely. Several others are to be avoided as much as possible in my view, but GS is the only one I will not do business with at all.

Stop lying.

Quote:
EA states they can shut down their servers when they please. Sure they don't put that on the front of the box but last I checked Blizzard wasn't exactly advertising it's a major crime to give a friend your account or selling your accounts, etc. Or that they can kill WoW when they want.
I have pointed out the differences repeatedly. EA wants you to use Origin for an increasing portion of your gaming Ďlibrary,í and they have a track record of abusing gamers good will by shutting off features/content at will. Blizzard has one title I use (and at most three that a typical gamer engages in, with SC, WoW, and DIII). WoW players also pay a monthly fee which gives them greater leverage than you have with EA. EA has you by the balls as your library grows. WoW has nothing on me. I save money if I quit or they shut me out and I move on to another game. Origin will be dozens or hundreds of games. Thatís too much to entrust to those scumbags.

Quote:
EA actually has a reliable track record for their software.
Shill. They have a reliable track record of killing off their software.

Quote:
What's with this entire library of Origin titles nonsense. Once again Brohan I have one game on it.
And youíre supporting a service that wants to encapsulate a growing percentage of gamersí digital libraries and control their access to content. YOU are subsidizing the worst elements of gaming.

Quote:
If Origin cuts me off I lose $60. If Blizzard cuts you off I'm going to wager you'll lose more than $60
No map packs in your future, eh? No extra B3 content? Right. If you were a gamer who cared about the industry, you wouldnít support Origin.

Quote:
So I lose potentially one game. You lose potentially one game. See how that is one and one?
The difference is you are supporting a service that wants to control gamersí access to a growing library of content. Even if you do not personally have other titles there, they want to hold hundreds of such digital titles/content for gamers, AND will use that as leverage to push gamers to pay for new content even when the older content would suffice. They do it with their sports titles every year, and with most of their games frankly. Theyíre the dicks of the industry.

Quote:
By the time they "kill" the servers I've long moved on.
And millions of PC gamers are not you and want the ability to play games that companies like EA want to put expiration dates on. CS:S is a great example of an old PC shooter that is still incredibly popular. You think EA would allow that on Origin? Nope.

Quote:
EA is as "up front" as Valve
Lying shill. Thatís totally untrue.

Quote:
Am I going to make a $4,000 library of games on Origin. I'm going to go with no.
Do you have any idea how large the Steam libraries of many gamers are? Hundreds of games. On Origin, your Ďlibraryí would repeatedly change and shrink. Iím not interested in their determination of what games I should be allowed to play. When I license a game, I want continuing access. Valve offers that. EA DOES NOT.

Quote:
You are correct those that invest a lot of cash into Origin can potentially get screwed.
Admitting the truth is the first step to recovery. EA is the one to shut off access, too. They do it more than ANY other publisher in gaming.

Quote:
Harry Reid here is posting all over Evil Av.
Youíre cute when you play with politics. So adorable.

Quote:
Yes you pay them every month so they can release content before they shove another $40 expansion down your throat. All the while breaking and unbreaking the game in regular intervals.
Your constant quest to convince me of the bugginess of WoW has and is a total failure. When I encounter bugs, Iíll let you know. None yet.

Quote:
They released BF2BC March 2010. I have since moved on from the game and they haven't shut down the servers. So as you say when it's a problem for me I'll worry about it until then...
Selfish of you, to support a service (Origin) that is bad for so many gamers.

Quote:
As little as possible indeed you sir are a man of your word.
Thank you very much!

Quote:
It would appear that complaints about the game's bugginess are indeed coming from you.
Bahahaha! Read the threads. Players are complaining left and right.

Quote:
Well I've owned BF 1942, BF 2, both BFBC and have never bought a map pack. Let's see if I can keep the streak alive!
You made a good decision! Amazing!

Quote:
Blizzard does the same thing through expansions. Sure you can play WoW without the latest addon but you become a useless lower level guy that can't accomplish anything in the game. What's the difference exactly?
You hardcore types are so cute. You think everyone wants to have the highest level bling and such. I donít play games to win digital medals, achievements, and have holy save files. I play for fun and entertainment. Itís disposable. I donít care that so-and-so has a better this or that. Big deal.

Quote:
Yet you cannot seem to grasp that is my entire Origin library and will be.
Youíre supporting a service (Origin) that wants to be the home to a library of dozens or hundreds of games for gamers. They want to, and will, control and cut off access as they see fit.

Youíre encouraging a terrible direction for gaming.

Quote:
Honestly I'd have to say in my experience the most screwed over I've been by any of those three is Valve.
Early Steam versions were busted/broken, but Valve never had the reputation EA does of cutting off access to their games/content.

Quote:
Are we talking about WoW hereÖ you are forced to buy the next one they release if you actually want to play the game as it's meant to be played.
The way WoW is meant to be played is however I choose to play it (within the game worldís confines, naturally). I donít need to choose all the expansions, or all the other options available.

Quote:
BF 3 WILL launch with bugs. It remains to be seen how many/big of bugs they areÖ BF 3 is less of an investment.
Origin is a poor investment for the future of gaming.

Quote:
The only games EA can force Origin on me at this point are their titles
Thatís not the future of Origin, and every gamer knows it. They have plans that go in a direction anathema to gamersí rights with their licensed content.

Quote:
Come to think of it Evil Avatar HATES Origin, stated the Beta was slammed full of bugs and he is buying the game because apparently it's still fun.
Buy it on console, used.

Quote:
Apparently you haven't played the end game portion that is what makes up WoW. You will run into some bugs that are quite annoying.
Thanks for the heads up. Iíll let you know how terrible it is.

Quote:
So I guess your the ultimate sucker?
Only for replying to you.

Quote:
If you think that the latest Duke Nukem is the most fun you can have in gaming that's great.
Nice choice. I can smell it coming off the page.

Quote:
What I am pointing out is your hypocritcal stance on many things.
Youíre trying so hard. ĎAí for effort, ĎFí for results.

Quote:
I understand EA's track record.
No, you donít. You may only lose one game, but others will, as Origin grows like a festering, gangrenous wound, lose much more. Itís a terrible direction for gaming.

Quote:
Based off of EA's track record from my personal experience I am long done with a game before there is any threat of them hitting the kill switch.
Thatís a shortsighted position. Itís a terrible direction for gaming to give EA greater control over oneís personal gaming library. I wonít give them that kind of control. Theyíve proven themselves untrustworthy.

Quote:
I have also illustrated that you declared BF 3 a "broken mess' and then said no you never did that was other people
B3 IS a broken mess right now. Blame those whoíve said so and relayed that here. Keep trying, bud. Youíre working so hard at it.

Quote:
So you bought GoW 3 at launch because? You stated you only finished Act 1 and I guess your done? Sounds like a waste to me.
If, as Iím considering, I sell it back after completing it, Iím out less than ten bucks for about ten hours of gameplay. I donít think thatís a waste at a buck an hour. Anything a buck or less an hour is generally a pretty decent deal in my view. YMMV.

Quote:
Wish I could help but I don't drink soda.
Donít worry. BILLIONS do.

Quote:
Which is why I don't play games like WoW that is considered a job for many of those players.
Itís only a Ďjobí if you make it one. Iím enjoying it. When itís no longer enjoyable, Iíll quit. Pretty simple.

Quote:
Well as you stated before you cannot get rid of herpes. Oddly enough I can get rid of Origin once I'm done with BF3.
You can do that, but if you want future EA PC games youíll have to go back. It will be a growing menace to your rights to digital content. Donít support it.

Quote:
How many games do you have on you Steam account?
Many, as do others here. The reason? Terrific price, growing community, an excellent track record on Valveís part toward gamers, and continuing access to the content. Even content that is removed by publishers continues to be available in my account. EA WILL NEVER ALLOW THAT.
Johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #62
phantomhitman
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
I'm well on my way to 85 with my first character (a few levels away). I've had enough experience to state that I've not had a single problem of significance worth mentioning or even remembering. After seven years, they've got that stuff pretty well ironed out!
(what class did you pick as your first character)
(if you say death knight i will track you down and kill you)
(and yes, i know you have to hit 55 to get a dk unlocked)

You have not played WoW because the game doesnt start until level cap. I also completely agree that WoW has been broken and rebroken for the past 2 years. The class balance and raid class equality is fucking laughable at best. In fact, the game was so broken recently that I straight up quit due to boring half assed instances and unfair mechanics. I am a dumbass though and came back to see the death of deathwing and to get shiney orange daggers.

I could make a bible of wow bugs per expansion and content release but that would honestly take me hours. They ranged from bugged tool tips and broken talents to bugged out instances and cheesable raid bosses.

You honestly have to see end game content to experience why WoW was created, leveling is just an annoyance. I have played the game almost 4 years and have raided it all at heroic levels.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #63
Johan
sub-$20 Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomhitman View Post
You have not played WoW because the game doesnt start until level cap.
That may be for the hardcore MMO player, but I'm pretty sure I've been playing a game, and I'm not at the level cap. I'm enjoying it, too.

Quote:
I also completely agree that WoW has been broken and rebroken for the past 2 years. The class balance and raid class equality is fucking laughable at best.
If anyone has a good link to what is considered broken in the current WoW patch/version, I'd love to read about it. I haven't experienced any of that, but again, I'm not at 85 yet (close, however. 79 right now).

Quote:
You honestly have to see end game content to experience why WoW was created, leveling is just an annoyance. I have played the game almost 4 years and have raided it all at heroic levels.
I've been told this by other longtime players (that leveling is an annoyance). I have to say, I don't really get that. Perhaps when I hit 85 and see the end game content, I'll understand what that means exactly. I'm certainly not annoyed by it, but I don't expect to continue playing for much longer than a few more months at most.

Please, if anyone has a link, I am extremely curious about what is 'broken' in WoW. A link to someone with lengthy experience in the game writing about his/her frustrations or annoyances would be an interesting read for me.

I find the psychology of it interesting as well. I can't imagine how anyone could have played this game for years and years. That's really pretty mind-boggling to me. Years? Really? Hmm...
Old 10-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #64
phantomhitman
Evil Dead

Yep, years. Sad fact. The first couple of a years I was happy (end of burning crusade through wrath of the lich king) with the game as a whole. I was just competitive at this point and wanted to beat everything in the game (raiding). I would go for top 5 boss kills in the US and try to top word dps meters. After this I stuck around to see how cataclysm would go and it was sad. Melee classes were under constant stress of dying in a matter of seconds compared to their ranged counterparts and some fights were straight up a death traps until they fixed bugs (council in bastion of twilight and magmaw in nefarions raid). I only stuck around to play with friends and then I started to hate the game. I took a break when Firelands hit due to work gettign crazy and I just came back this past week. Firelands is better but I am hoping for something good for Deathwings raid, as well as a new legendary weapon. Fingers crossed.

Regarding class balance:
At the end of wrath the strings started to unravel. Caster classes (locks, mages, druids, etc) were fucking insane in pve and pvp. The cap went from 80-85 for cataclysm and balancing took a big hit. The talents and scaling of stats were extremely broken for each class (some people did a lot of damage/healing/mitigation compared to other classes). The bigger bugs have been worked out by now but the fairness of the game is still tilted. While I completely understand that balancing of a gigantic game is hard to say the least it still has to be done.

Regarding specific bugs:
Every single expansion and content release has something broken in it. It could be the bosses are over or undertuned. Sometime bosses can be killed extremely easily due to a wall blocking line of sight. It could be broken trash in instances. Non working portals or quests not giving out xp (that happend during the launch of cataclysm). Sometimes you cannot zone into dungeon/raids. Sometimes there was massive server lag or certain parts of the world would crash. Other bugs remain hidden until extensive testing such as broken talents not giving out the right amount of a certain stat. This list is endless and ongoing fixes attempt to resolve issues.

There is a site called mmo champion you should check out. It goes over the bigger bugs that they fix in game (usually listed under blue posts, since the moderators of the blizzard forums have blue names). It also gives upcoming news and info for WoW.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #65
Johan
sub-$20 Gamer

I will check out that site. I'm really curious about it. Such a huge game certainly offers plenty of balance and bug opportunities. Thanks for the info.

Here's one link from there on the pros and cons of the expansions.

Thanks again!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:10 PM   #66
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan
If you support Origin by paying for games that utilize it, uninstalling it is better than nothing but worse than never paying for it at all.
Absolutely. The same idea holds true to giving Activision Blizzard money. A company that has already announced they will force customers to log into their service to play single player.

Quote:
Hahaha! Take it up with the people who have played it and complained about its bugginess. Thatís between you, them, and EA/DICE.
I have no problem with people critizing a game. However you have yourself to be a liar on the entire matter since you've declared the game a "broken mess".

Quote:
Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Good start.
I can't wait to see your laundry list of then lol

Quote:
Youíre a liar. You stated I was calling for a boycott. Your words: ďYou preach of boycotting businesses with practices that "screw" gamersĒ
Try to follow this one. If you don't purchase anything from a company because you believe that they have a negative effect on the industry that is also known as a boycott.

Quote:
Nope. I said: ďI deal with them as little as possible.Ē
lol since we're trying to twist words I never said you called to "boycott Activision". I assume that you don't count never buying anything from Brand X because it comes from Brand X an boycott.

Also I love how "deal with them as little as possible" means buying their 7 year old game, all the expansions and giving them a monthly fee.

Quote:
Stop lying. Itís a major character flaw. The only company I have a complete boycott against in gaming is GameStop. Theyíre the only company I avoid completely. Several others are to be avoided as much as possible in my view, but GS is the only one I will not do business with at all.

Stop lying.
Hahaha so just partial boycotts of the others? So basically it's another typical Johan case of do as I say not as I do.

So since they're the only company you have avoided completely your part of the problem that your complaining about. People supporting these companies with anti gamer practicies

Quote:
I have pointed out the differences repeatedly. EA wants you to use Origin for an increasing portion of your gaming Ďlibrary,í and they have a track record of abusing gamers good will by shutting off features/content at will. Blizzard has one title I use (and at most three that a typical gamer engages in, with SC, WoW, and DIII). WoW players also pay a monthly fee which gives them greater leverage than you have with EA. EA has you by the balls as your library grows.
Blizzard wants you to buy the mounts, stuffed animals, card games, etc they have linked to WoW. I guess that makes them evil.

Of course EA wants you to buy your game through Origin they are a business afterall. You know all that capitalism stuff your talking about?

Blizzard has one title you use. Good for you. Origin has one title I use. Again that's one and one. Except mine is a one time fee.

Quote:
WoW has nothing on me. I save money if I quit or they shut me out and I move on to another game. Origin will be dozens or hundreds of games. Thatís too much to entrust to those scumbags
Well actually they have the same thing on you that apparently EA has with BF 3 on me... they can shut you out when they want.

How is Origin going to be dozens or hundreds of games unless you do that to yourself. If it's too much to entrust to those scumbags it's rather simple. Don't.

Again with this "saving money" deal. I guess the same idea of me saving money if EA knocks me offline and I can't buy expansions (as we all know your forced at gunpoint to do that... or wait that's with WoW) that I'm saving money by not buying something? No that's idiotic.

Quote:
Shill. They have a reliable track record of killing off their software.
hahaha! I didn't say it was gamer friendly I said it was reliable. Learn to read

Quote:
And youíre supporting a service that wants to encapsulate a growing percentage of gamersí digital libraries and control their access to content. YOU are subsidizing the worst elements of gaming.
Well apparently so are you as you've said your not boycotting them. So guess who is is subsidizing anti gamer practices? You.

Blizzard themselves are moving to force gamers to be connected to their systems to play a single player game. Your forking cash over to them for this... every month in fact.

Quote:
No map packs in your future, eh? No extra B3 content? Right. If you were a gamer who cared about the industry, you wouldnít support Origin.
No I am getting DLC... for free. It's a perk for the preorder. Now you had to purchase 3 expansions on top of the original copy of WoW, on top of a monthly fee. I have stated that I have never paid for extra content in any of the BF series and don't intend to start now.

If you were a gamer who cared about the industry you wouldn't support a company that forced gamers who already pay a monthly fee to adopt their latest expansion in order to keep playing the game their already paying for.

If you were a gamer who cared about the industry yo wouldn't support a company that has already said they will force you to play online in the single player portion of their next title.

Quote:
The difference is you are supporting a service that wants to control gamersí access to a growing library of content. Even if you do not personally have other titles there, they want to hold hundreds of such digital titles/content for gamers, AND will use that as leverage to push gamers to pay for new content even when the older content would suffice. They do it with their sports titles every year, and with most of their games frankly. Theyíre the dicks of the industry.
How to avoid this problem? Don't buy hundreds of digital titles/content on Origin. If you want to buy a 3rd party title use a different service.

Yes they do it with their sports titles every year and apparently people are more than happy to pay $60 for an update. In fact it's what your doing with WoW but cheaper. Nevermind that Activision and Blizzard are now Activision | Blizzard. Don't they have the same practices? Sure do.

Quote:
And millions of PC gamers are not you and want the ability to play games that companies like EA want to put expiration dates on. CS:S is a great example of an old PC shooter that is still incredibly popular. You think EA would allow that on Origin? Nope.
Funny that you bring up CS. Wasn't that a trojan used by Valve to force gamers to use Steam? Why yes it was.

Quote:
Lying shill. Thatís totally untrue.
hahaha Yes Valve really advertises that they can ban you at anytime cutting you off from your library of games, they don't have to let you download your titles unlimited times, etc. Oh wait they don't. The same is true with EA, Blizzard, etc.

Quote:
Do you have any idea how large the Steam libraries of many gamers are? Hundreds of games. On Origin, your Ďlibraryí would repeatedly change and shrink. Iím not interested in their determination of what games I should be allowed to play. When I license a game, I want continuing access. Valve offers that. EA DOES NOT.
You don't want someone to determine what games you should be allowed to pay yet you pay a monthly fee to Blizzard? Thats hilarious Just hope you don't get Diablo 3 and try to play it offline.

Quote:
Admitting the truth is the first step to recovery. EA is the one to shut off access, too. They do it more than ANY other publisher in gaming.
lol. This is also true with Steam and Blizzard whom can shut you out of your account, to include the games, if they so please.

Quote:
Youíre cute when you play with politics. So adorable.
Thanks. Tell Nancy I said she needs a new face lift.

Quote:
Your constant quest to convince me of the bugginess of WoW has and is a total failure. When I encounter bugs, Iíll let you know. None yet.
haha did the yellow ! above my head give me away? It's common knowledge of the many problems that have occured in WoW with every update. Pretty funny actually. Hey when I played Halo on the 360 I didn't run into any kiddies screaming into their mics or constantly cursing.. that must mean they aren't there? Lol

Quote:
Selfish of you, to support a service (Origin) that is bad for so many gamers.
Yet your a supporter of Steam, which showed companies gamers were more than happy to be forced to use a service to play their favorite games, no matter how bad it was when it came out. Thanks for being a trend setter.

Oh hey let's give a company money that won't let you even play single player without them snooping around with their DRM.... oh that's you again?

I've got a great idea let's raise the price of games on everyone to pay for servers to run for decades even nevermind that the vast majority of players will play and be done with the games before EA or any service shuts them down. We all know patching, bandwith, etc is free right? We need to do this because Johan wants to wait 7 years before trying a game. Screw the majority. Wait that sounds pretty selfish of you.

See what you can't seem to grasp despite your best attempts is that if most players didn't find it acceptable that for example they shut down Madden servers after 2 years then they would stop buying the new copies.

Quote:
Bahahaha! Read the threads. Players are complaining left and right.
People are complaining in threads on the internet about something? Noooooooo way. So I see the Johan way of thinking.

If I bury my head in the sand and see no bugs then it's not a big deal seems to be your view. I'm sure you can find more than one thread complaining about WoW or any game for that matter. Must be they are all broken messes right?

Quote:
You made a good decision! Amazing!
So it was a good choice for me not to buy the expansion packs for these games... which I paid a one time fee for. Yet your willing to pay a one time fee for the copy of the game, a monthly fee and then pay more for forced expansions? Take your own advice.

Quote:
You hardcore types are so cute. You think everyone wants to have the highest level bling and such. I donít play games to win digital medals, achievements, and have holy save files. I play for fun and entertainment. Itís disposable. I donít care that so-and-so has a better this or that. Big deal.
Well this contradicts you not wanting to play a F2P MMO. If you just want to run around and have fun while not worrying about having the highest level bling you could be playing an MMO for free.

There is nothing hardcore about requiring the expansion packs in WoW. You simply cannot participate with the vast majority of the player population without it. Sure you can talk to people but that's about it. If it wasn't such a big deal then why did you buy all the expansions?

Quote:
Youíre supporting a service (Origin) that wants to be the home to a library of dozens or hundreds of games for gamers. They want to, and will, control and cut off access as they see fit.
Correct that Origin wants to be home for as many games as possible. It's shocking that a business designed around digital distribuation service would do that right? lol

You are aware that Steam can do the same thing, along with other digital services right?

Do you believe EA is going to send a man with a gun to your house and force you to buy 3rd party titles through their service? If yes then I understand your fear of Origin having all of your games and then shutting you out. If no then just buy them through a different service. It's a hard concept I know.

Quote:
Youíre encouraging a terrible direction for gaming.
I believe that a forced program like Origin, Battle.net, Steam are all bad for gamers.

You have already shelled out more cash to a company that won't even let you play single player offline. That's encouraging a great direction for gaming! Oh wait no that sucks.

Your giving a monthly fee to a company that then forces you to buy an expansion every other year to play the game as intended. Hey maybe they can drop down to every single year so they can be the Madden of MMOs?

Quote:
Early Steam versions were busted/broken, but Valve never had the reputation EA does of cutting off access to their games/content.
Ths is correct. However the vast majority of the people buying these games don't seem to have a problem moving on from them after 2 years.

Most people aren't buying titles nearly as late in the game as you are. The reality of the situation is most people play a title a few months and then move on. I don't care that these companies aren't worried about grabbing your business 5 years after the fact. Until it becomes a problem to where I want to play a game and I can't because EA screwed me then it does not affect me. Once EA sets it up to a way that screws up my gaming I will be buying games from the BF series.

As soon as EA makes it so I can't play a title that I want I will be done with them.

Quote:
The way WoW is meant to be played is however I choose to play it (within the game worldís confines, naturally). I donít need to choose all the expansions, or all the other options available.
haha no there is a way that WoW is designed to be played. You of course can choose what you find to be fun in WoW. So this makes me wonder again why you choose to buy a game + 3 expansions + pay a monthly fee if your not worried about bling, hitting the level cap or being able to explore the entire world.

Quote:
Origin is a poor investment for the future of gaming.
So is battle.net It doesn't stop you from paying in monthly.

Quote:
Thatís not the future of Origin, and every gamer knows it. They have plans that go in a direction anathema to gamersí rights with their licensed content.
So they use their 1st party titles in order to force gamers into their system and then try to get them to purchase 3rd party titles through them in order to make a profit. Wait is that Steam we're talking about? Sounds like the same exact trojan horse to me.

Quote:
Buy it on console, used.
If I recall correctly he's picking it up day 1.

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. Iíll let you know how terrible it is.
Hey any time. I figured I'd help you out because when I thought I was having a blast in BF 3 apparently I was supposed to be bitching the entire time.

Quote:
Only for replying to you.
Hey if the person that beats you like a drum on these boards has to be me so be it

Quote:
Youíre trying so hard. ĎAí for effort, ĎFí for results.
hahaha clearly the F is for Fantastic because it's pretty easy to show how your constantly tripping over your own high and mighty stances.

In your case all I have to do is point out you more than happy to pay a montly fee to WoW + buy all their expansions (7 years after the games launch). Don't worry though it's a bug free game, zero problems and battle.net doesn't do anything negative to it's customer base... oh wait

Quote:
No, you donít. You may only lose one game, but others will, as Origin grows like a festering, gangrenous wound, lose much more. Itís a terrible direction for gaming.
Yes at most I'll lose is one game. It's not exactly a secret that EA will shut down servers after X years. If someone wants to buy all their titles through Origin whatever happens is on them. The details on what they are allowed to do to a person's account on Origin is not buried with Jimmy Hoffa.

Quote:
Thatís a shortsighted position. Itís a terrible direction for gaming to give EA greater control over oneís personal gaming library. I wonít give them that kind of control. Theyíve proven themselves untrustworthy.
Valve has shown they will force you to use a system no matter how bugged/broken to play one of their games. In addition to this gamers blindly grabbing their ankles for years while Valve worked out it's bugs show the industry their consumer base will take just about anything to play their favorite games. You supported this and Origin was born.

Blizzard has shown they have zero problem spying on you and controlling your ability to even play offline.

Quote:
B3 IS a broken mess right now. Blame those whoíve said so and relayed that here. Keep trying, bud. Youíre working so hard at it.
Oh I said that BF 3 had no bugs/problems? Nope. Can I play without crashing, having a lot of fun and the game not breaking on me? Yup. By your standards the game certainly isn't a broken mess lol.

In addition you claimed before you didn't declare BF 3 a broken mess but others did. Then I showed you that you had made that statement. Now your back to declaring it again. So is Johan really John Kerry because you flip flop a lot.

Quote:
If, as Iím considering, I sell it back after completing it, Iím out less than ten bucks for about ten hours of gameplay. I donít think thatís a waste at a buck an hour. Anything a buck or less an hour is generally a pretty decent deal in my view. YMMV.
Interesting. So in theory if I played BF 3 for 60 hrs and then they should it down right when I hit that mark would that be a decent deal? Oh hey nevermind that your supporting Epic who after a month 1/2 will have $10 DLC dropping. That's great for gamers.

Quote:
Itís only a Ďjobí if you make it one. Iím enjoying it. When itís no longer enjoyable, Iíll quit. Pretty simple.
lol I'm not sure you can enjoy anythiing for a decent length of time. If you want I could point you in the direction of some good techinques to work on your mood and negative nature. Chronic stress is terrible for a person.

Quote:
You can do that, but if you want future EA PC games youíll have to go back. It will be a growing menace to your rights to digital content. Donít support it.
That's the same thing with battle.net. Your more than happy to support Blizzard making an offline mode online required.

Quote:
Many, as do others here. The reason? Terrific price, growing community, an excellent track record on Valveís part toward gamers, and continuing access to the content. Even content that is removed by publishers continues to be available in my account. EA WILL NEVER ALLOW THAT.
Your sure they won't ever allow it? That's the great thing about when business competes.

I have a few games on Steam. Why? Because Valve forced me to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome
It [DDoS] may be illegal, but should it be? Where's the actual damage?
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #67
Johan
sub-$20 Gamer

Quote:
Absolutely. The same idea holds true to giving Activision Blizzard money. A company that has already announced they will force customers to log into their service to play single player.
Moral equivocation is equivocating and rationalizing. It doesn't hold up. It's a weak base for an intellectual foundation. Try again. Harder!

Quote:
I have no problem with people critizing a game.
Good. Then shut up.

Quote:
I can't wait to see your laundry list
You can do my laundry if you like. Drop by. Iíll have it ready.

Quote:
Try to follow this one. If you don't purchase anything from a company because you believe that they have a negative effect on the industry that is also known as a boycott.
Try to follow this one, from what you quoted from me: ďI deal with them as little as possibleĒ Thatís not a boycott, unless youíre an idiot who cannot read.

Quote:
never said you called to "boycott Activision.ĒAlso I love how "deal with them as little as possible" means buying their 7 year old game, all the expansions and giving them a monthly fee.
Activision is a much bigger company than one game. I love how you cherry pick and misquote. Ignorance is you.

Quote:
You preach of boycotting businesses with practices that "screw" gamers yet you play WoW.
You took my quote, interpreted it to mean the opposite of what it said, and then declared that to be consistent with my position, which you invented for me, I should be boycotting a company.

ROFLLIAR.

Quote:
Hahaha so just partial boycotts of the others? So basically it's another typical Johan case of do as I say not as I do.
So basically itís a case of ďNah, Nah, I canít defend my buying a buggy-ass game on a service that seeks to screw gamers, so Iíll just say that youíre bad too!Ē

LOL at the two-year-old intellect behind that.

Quote:
So since they're the only company you have avoided completely your part of the problem that your complaining about.
ORIGIN is the biggest threat to gamersí rights in gaming today. EA hopes to create a service where they can further their aim to shut off content/features to gamers, and they want to do that with not just their own content but third-party content as well.

Your support of that makes you the worst sort of gamer around, the kind who sells out to the worst company in the business in its practices toward its customers AND its employees.

Nice work if you can get it, and you got it!

Quote:
Blizzard wants you to buy the mounts, stuffed animals, card games, etc they have linked to WoW. I guess that makes them evil.
WoW is one game. Battle.net is a service with limited reach. Origin is attempting to become a central location for gamers to house their library of games, both EA and third-party. EA has a history of cutting off content/features.

The difference is clear. Except to you. You live in a fog.

Quote:
Of course EA wants you to buy your game through Origin they are a business afterall. You know all that capitalism stuff your talking about?
And Origin is a shitty service that seeks to bring all the worst practices of EA to more and more games and gamers.

Quote:
Blizzard has one title you use. Good for you. Origin has one title I use. Again that's one and one. Except mine is a one time fee.
You are supporting a service that is bad for gaming and gamersí rights, period. Itís that simple.

Quote:
How is Origin going to be dozens or hundreds of games unless you do that to yourself
Exclusivity on their own content (theyíre already moving toward making Origin a required part of their PC titles) AND third-party exclusivity would be how. If you want an EA title like B3 on the PC, youíre going through Origin.

You shouldnít. Period.

Quote:
Again with this "saving money" deal.
Yes. You should. Itís a great idea. Save money!

Quote:
I didn't say it was gamer friendly I said it was reliable.
Awesome. Not gamer friendly. Reliable.

Quote:
So guess who is is subsidizing anti gamer practices?
You are, through Origin.

Quote:
Blizzard themselves are moving to force gamers to be connected to their systems to play a single player game. Your forking cash over to them for this... every month in fact.
Forcing gamers to be connected for single-player content is not something I approve of or engage in. WoW is not a single-player game. Even when gaming alone, you can and do interact with other players in the world. In a PvP realm, you can encounter combat with another player quite often (I certainly have).

Quote:
I have stated that I have never paid for extra content in any of the BF series and don't intend to start now.
Youíre not getting the DLC for free. Youíre paying more for the title at launch than someone who buys it later, for the privilege of getting the DLC. Youíre paying for it already.

If you were a gamer who cared about the industry you wouldn't support a company that forced gamers who already pay a monthly fee to adopt their latest expansion in order to keep playing the game their already paying for.

Quote:
If you were a gamer who cared about the industry yo wouldn't support a company that has already said they will force you to play online in the single player portion of their next title.
Incorrect. D3 will not be an exclusively single-player game. It will have multiplayer as well. FAIL on your part.

Quote:
How to avoid this problem? Don't buy hundreds of digital titles/content on Origin. If you want to buy a 3rd party title use a different service.
You canít avoid Origin on EA PC titles unless you skip them (which I advocate). You can be sure EA will sign exclusivity arrangements as well, where Origin is required for third-party games. Origin is bad for gaming.

Quote:
Yes they do it with their sports titles every year and apparently people are more than happy to pay $60 for an update.
People are fools.

Quote:
Funny that you bring up CS. Wasn't that a trojan used by Valve to force gamers to use Steam? Why yes it was.
To adopt a service that respects gamersí rights to access content, yes. On Valve, even when a publisher pulls a title I can still access it in my library. Origin? NO WAY.

Quote:
Yes Valve really advertises that they can ban you at anytime cutting you off from your library of games, they don't have to let you download your titles unlimited times, etc. Oh wait they don't. The same is true with EA, Blizzard, etc.
More equivocation is equivocating and rationalizing. Valve has a trustworthy track record. EA has the worst track record in the industry regarding access to content/features down the line.

Quote:
You don't want someone to determine what games you should be allowed to pay yet you pay a monthly fee to Blizzard? Thats hilarious Just hope you don't get Diablo 3 and try to play it offline.
D3 is not a single-player only game, so your rationalization and attack fail.

Quote:
lol. This is also true with Steam and Blizzard whom can shut you out of your account, to include the games, if they so please.
This is true of all digital services. The key is trust. EA has NO trustworthiness. They intentionally and repeatedly cut off content. It is their very business plan, and itís a shitty one.

Quote:
Thanks. Tell Nancy I said she needs a new face lift.
Why donít you just roll over and tell her yourself?

Quote:
It's common knowledge of the many problems that have occured in WoW with every update. l
And when I hit some, Iíll let you know. Until then, find someone who will actually sympathize with your plight!

Quote:
Yet your a supporter of Steam, which showed companies gamers were more than happy to be forced to use a service to play their favorite games, no matter how bad it was when it came out. Thanks for being a trend setter.
Steam is an EXCELLENT trend in gaming. It offers continuing access to an extensive library of inexpensively priced games with a growing community that is centralized and easily accessible.

Origin offers temporary access to expensive games, centralizing EAís ability to cut you off and push you to new content.

Quote:
Oh hey let's give a company money that won't let you even play single player without them snooping around with their DRM.... oh that's you again?
If a game is single-player only is shouldnít need always-online DRM. WoW and D3 are NOT single-player only games. Speak to Ubisoft about their terrible practice of always-online DRM for single-player games.

Quote:
I've got a great idea let's raise the price of games on everyone to pay for servers to run for decades
Strawman alert! Publishers donít need to pay for eternal servers. They should turn over the ability to run servers to the community. EA will never do that with Origin. Valve? Done!!!

Quote:
See what you can't seem to grasp despite your best attempts is that if most players didn't find it acceptable that for example they shut down Madden servers after 2 years then they would stop buying the new copies.
What you canít seem to grasp is that just because millions of people accept something, it doesnít make it the best possible outcome. Origin will be terrible for gaming and gamersí rights as it is presently constructed, and thereís no hope of their allowing continuing access to content. None.

Quote:
People are complaining in threads on the internet about something?.
You go and get on that right away!

Quote:
If I bury my head in the sand and see no bugs then it's not a big deal seems to be your view.
If I play a game and have no problem, then I have no problem! B3, on the other hand, is a buggy pile of shit right now.

Quote:
So it was a good choice for me not to buy the expansion packs for these games... which I paid a one time fee for.
No, it was a terrible choice. You chose poorly.

Quote:
Well this contradicts you not wanting to play a F2P MMO. If you just want to run around and have fun while not worrying about having the highest level bling you could be playing an MMO for free.
I have done that. Itís not the best model in my view because it leads to higher prices if you want access to all the content, but itís a great way to get a taste of the game.

I prefer fixed costs for the content, not bits and bytes at a time.

Quote:
There is nothing hardcore about requiring the expansion packs in WoW. You simply cannot participate with the vast majority of the player population without it. Sure you can talk to people but that's about it. If it wasn't such a big deal then why did you buy all the expansions?
You have a point, Iím sure, but I have no idea what it is. Youíll get there eventually.

Quote:
Correct that Origin wants to be home for as many games as possible. It's shocking that a business designed around digital distribuation service would do that right? lol
Whatís shocking is that any gamer would willingly swallow EAís c**k.

Quote:
You are aware that Steam can do the same thing, along with other digital services right?
Again, Valve has a track record. So does EA. Take your pick. So far, youíre choosing poorly.

Quote:
Do you believe EA is going to send a man with a gun to your house and force you to buy 3rd party titles through their service?
Origin will be required for all EA titles, and eventually will be on third-party content as well, regardless of where you buy it. That is a poor trend for the industry.

Quote:
I believe that a forced program like Origin, Battle.net, Steam are all bad for gamers.
Ultimately, this is true. However, thatís the trend in the industry. You should pick the best services. Origin is the WORST one.

Quote:
You have already shelled out more cash to a company that won't even let you play single player offline.
WoW is not a single-player game. Itís an MMO. Look it up.

Quote:
Your giving a monthly fee to a company that then forces you to buy an expansion every
Iíll use your own words for this: ďDo you believe Activision is going to send a man with a gun to your house and force you to buy an expansion pack?Ē

LOL.

Quote:
Ths is correct. However the vast majority of the people buying these games don't seem to have a problem moving on from them after 2 years.
Theyíre contributing to a terrible direction in gaming. If you buy digital content online you should have continuing access to it. EA is the worst regarding this basic right.

Quote:
Until it becomes a problem to where I want to play a game and I can't because EA screwed me then it does not affect me
This is a terrible perspective as a gamer and customer of a company. ďUntil they screw me, I donít care if they screw you!Ē

Quote:
As soon as EA makes it so I can't play a title that I want I will be done with them.
Well, if you only play their games for a few months, that will only happen from bugs, not cutting off content. The bugs will get you.

Quote:
So this makes me wonder again why you choose to buy a game + 3 expansions + pay a monthly fee if your not worried about bling, hitting the level cap or being able to explore the entire world.
Why would anyone buy a game like B3 or CoD and play through the ultimately useless gains in unlocking weapons and the like? People find fun in all kinds of ridiculously useless pursuits. I like mindless questing and using the gradually improving/unlocking abilities in the game. You apparently enjoy unlocking weapons and the like in B3. You also enjoy posting mile long screeds, like I do!

Quote:
So they use their 1st party titles in order to force gamers into their system and then try to get them to purchase 3rd party titles through them in order to make a profit. Wait is that Steam we're talking about? Sounds like the same exact trojan horse to me.
You know damn well that the services are different in all the ways that ultimately should matter. You have continuing access to digital content on Steam, even when itís removed for sale by the publisher. Origin is the exact opposite of that. In every respect it is a major step backward.

Quote:
If I recall correctly he's picking it up day 1.
Suckers, buying a game that is buggy before itís patched, AND for supporting Origin. Buy it used, after the first patches, on console.

Quote:
Hey any time. I figured I'd help you out because when I thought I was having a blast in BF 3 apparently I was supposed to be bitching the entire time.
If you enjoy bugs, youíll be well taken care of. If you enjoy layers of roadblocks between yourself and the game/community, youíll be well served.

Enjoy Origin.

Quote:
Hey if the person that beats you like a drum on these boards has to be me so be it
If you think this is Ďbeatingí anyone, youíve no idea how easily played you are.

Quote:
Don't worry though it's a bug free game, zero problems and battle.net doesn't do anything negative to it's customer base
Admitting the truth is the first step to recovery. Youíre on your way.

Quote:
Yes at most I'll lose is one game. It's not exactly a secret that EA will shut down servers after X years.
This is why you shouldnít support Origin. Buy B3 used on a console.

Quote:
Valve has shown they will force you to use a system no matter how bugged/broken to play one of their games. In addition to this gamers blindly grabbing their ankles for years while Valve worked out it's bugs show the industry their consumer base will take just about anything to play their favorite games. You supported this and Origin was born.
Hahaha! I supported Steam when it was finally functional. I didnít use it for years. When it built a reputation for reliability and trust I entrusted it with some of my gaming dollars.

As for Origin, anyone who supports what EA wants to do with gaming (essentially a permanent subscription to temporarily accessible content) is a tool and a fool. That direction is terrible for gamers and gaming.

Quote:
Blizzard has shown they have zero problem spying on you and controlling your ability to even play offline.
Tinfoil hat much? Is it tight? Seems soÖ

Quote:
By your standards the game certainly isn't a broken mess lol.
The standard of gamers here is that itís a broken mess. Take it up with them.

Quote:
In addition you claimed before you didn't declare BF 3 a broken mess but others did
Thanks for pointing that out. They did indeed say that!

Quote:
Interesting. So in theory if I played BF 3 for 60 hrs and then they should it down right when I hit that mark would that be a decent deal? Oh hey nevermind that your supporting Epic who after a month 1/2 will have $10 DLC dropping. That's great for gamers.
If they ďshouldĒ it down, Iím sure youíll find another Origin game to play.

As for Epic, wtf are you talking about? $DLC I wonít be buying? What does that have to do with anything? Arguing with the mirror again?

Quote:
I'm not sure you can enjoy anythiing for a decent length of time.
Iíve enjoyed this immensely.

Quote:
That's the same thing with battle.net. Your more than happy to support Blizzard making an offline mode online required.
WoW is an MMO. Look it up. Itís not a single-player game.

Quote:
I have a few games on Steam. Why? Because Valve forced me to.
I will remind you of your own words: Do you believe EA is going to send a man with a gun to your house and force you to buy 3rd party titles through their service?

SoÖwho broke in and forced you to buy products on such a terrific service as Steam? I canít imagine who would have done that. You should have waited for a better service, like Origin.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #68
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield 3, bf24lyfe!, easucks, facepalm, fail