Last post by karaliusbronius
Yesterday 07:17 PM
8 Replies, 660 Views
» Promotion

Old 01-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Ninja Gaiden 3 - Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer

Some brutal multiplayer action from Ninja Gaiden 3.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
LoTECH
Evil Dead

Well that video convinced me of nothing.
That multiplayer looked janked from start to finish
Old 01-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
Sammael
Nope, nope. Not this time

yeah, really... reminds me of bushido blade... fun for an hour. this may not last nearly as long.

Biggest Ranger Fan on EA!!!!!!!!
Lets go Rangers!!!!
Sammael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
Ageli
Dread Lord

If this shit is as laggy as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was online, then this can eat a bag of dicks.
Ageli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
Jamikazi
Subscriber

Total loss of control of you character looks awesome. Can't wait!

/Bart Scott
Old 01-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
gzsfrk
Punch, brothers, punch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ageli View Post
If this shit is as laggy as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was online, then this can eat a bag of dicks.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. These kinds of fast action games tend to really suffer when any lag is introduced. Depending on the way they handle it, it may or may not be a game breaker, but I have to think that it's probably going to be more of a problem as not.
gzsfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #7
ElfShotTheFood
Evil Dead

No "Kidnap the President" mode?
ElfShotTheFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
gravlax
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzsfrk View Post
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. These kinds of fast action games tend to really suffer when any lag is introduced. Depending on the way they handle it, it may or may not be a game breaker, but I have to think that it's probably going to be more of a problem as not.
I agree. I lost interest in Gears 3 when I found out only versus matches got dedicated server support. As a huge horde player, I can't stand enemies teleporting left and right, having to pump out almost entire clip of shotgun to down them, teammates constantly dropping out, getting booted back to the lobby without host migration...etc.

I have no doubt, fast-paced action games with heavy emphasis on melee combat like NG are bound to be worse. Noble attempt by Team Ninja but I'm not holding my breath.
gravlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ageli View Post
Get the 360 version then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
You sir, are my fucking hero!
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #10
Anenome
Autarchist

Hope we someday get to play a ninja game with some realism to it rather than the fantasy conception of the ninja.
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:28 AM   #11
stalazon
Dit Giudice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Hope we someday get to play a ninja game with some realism to it rather than the fantasy conception of the ninja.
Thief 1-IV? Otherwise you be a ninja, I'll be a guy with the gun.
stalazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:20 AM   #12
Duskfire
Evil Dead

Multiplayer should never have been introduced to the Ninja Gaidin series. It makes no sense and doesnt need it.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #13
Thin_J
Evil Dead

That looks completely awful.
Thin_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #14
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravlax View Post
I agree. I lost interest in Gears 3 when I found out only versus matches got dedicated server support. As a huge horde player, I can't stand enemies teleporting left and right, having to pump out almost entire clip of shotgun to down them, teammates constantly dropping out, getting booted back to the lobby without host migration...etc.

I have no doubt, fast-paced action games with heavy emphasis on melee combat like NG are bound to be worse. Noble attempt by Team Ninja but I'm not holding my breath.
I have played a lot of horde online, and most of that hasn't happened to me.

I never had teleporting enemies. Teammates you can do nothing about except maybe, I dont know, play with your friends. Sometimes, people are just in there to kill for 5 minutes and duck out, can't fault the game for that. Host Migration I can sympathy you with, but the majority of the time, that isn't the problem I have. I maybe had that problem a handful of time in what, 4 months. You just gave up on the game way to fast in my opinion.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #15
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalazon View Post
Thief 1-IV? Otherwise you be a ninja, I'll be a guy with the gun.
A real ninja doesn't walk around in black pajamas :P Your gun would be useless as you have to recognize a target before you can shoot it, and a ninja would interfere with the recognition portion first.

Stephen Hayes recounts his tale of moving to Japan and studying the Bujinkan, and early on he entered a room full of businessmen and would only later learn that everyone in there was a ninja :P

Importing the concept of ninja to the modern day would mean mainly corporate or international espionage. Or if you kept it historical would mean gameplay build around not being detected, vanishing skills, and shogunate espionage.

There's a famous ancient story of a ninja whom was set to assassinate a lord and had penetrated the castle unseen and was waiting in the rafters for the lord to go to sleep. He sat motionless, soundless, for some 8 hours while the Lord and his associate played Go, before carrying out the kill noiselessly. There's another where a lord was expecting to be killed, so he had guards posted inside his room. A ninja snuck in, drilled a hole silently in the roof, and dropped down a thread over the shogun's mouth/ear, and dripped poison down this silken line, killing the lord :P

There's a lot of cool stories of what the ninja actually accomplished in real life, such that I don't really feel like we need to turn them into sorcerers. But I realize that most people don't have any contact with what the reality of the ninja were, but I feel like the concept of the ninja is so popular that there may indeed be genuine interest in a game that took them seriously and showed what was actually possible and was actually done.

It would be a bit like a magician explaining his magic trick tho :\
Old 01-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #16
MrWheeler460
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
It's called Batman:Arkham City
MrWheeler460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #17
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWheeler460 View Post
It's called Batman:Arkham City
Haha, right you are
Old 01-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #18
gravlax
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
I have played a lot of horde online, and most of that hasn't happened to me.

I never had teleporting enemies. Teammates you can do nothing about except maybe, I dont know, play with your friends. Sometimes, people are just in there to kill for 5 minutes and duck out, can't fault the game for that. Host Migration I can sympathy you with, but the majority of the time, that isn't the problem I have. I maybe had that problem a handful of time in what, 4 months. You just gave up on the game way to fast in my opinion.
I hit level cap in gears 2 as well as gears 3, unlocked pathological horder achievement by completing 2000 waves of horde. The majority of my gaming time spent on horde but I happened to unlock most of mutators and other hidden contents. So I don't think I gave up way to fast.

Teleporting enemies & my character seem to happen when the host is from other region such as mexico or japan...etc. but not exclusively. I've been playing with friends but they get dropped once in a while due to unstable connection and it seems very rare that other players drop into existing game in session when there's a free slot open to join. So Epic added Onyx guard bot to compensate but he usually runs out to get slaughtered...wish there's a command to issue, keeping him away from harm's way.

I love the franchise(gears 1 is still my favorite game of all in this generation) but Epic should've been more clear with dedicated server support announcement which somehow misled people to expect that was globally implemented for all game modes. or maybe they did but I found out it wasn't the case later?

I understand why they chose P2P except for versus but my gripe with Epic is they said that their biggest player base is on singleplayer campaign and the horde yet horde players got to settle with laggy online service. But I moved on for good now since I believe the root of the problem really is in the game design....because the franchise started as a singleplayer game. Gears to me feels like an action game rather than a shooter, with the cover mechanic and more than usual amount of animation required for a shooter. It's hard to imagine if all those animations could ever, perfectly or even fluidly be synced in online match. Epic still made a great deal of improvements over each iterations but I just feel action games like gears plays infinitely better as a singleplayer game. Same reason why I don't play fighting games online and have little faith in NG multiplayer.
gravlax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ninja gaiden 3, team ninja, tecmo koei