Last post by Emabulator
Today 01:12 PM
1 Replies, 181 Views

Old 01-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #21
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Sigh. I want to defend the game. I could easily quote the upcoming January 22nd patch notes which add a ton of new stuff / features. I could show you how they have fixed "server hopping" so you can't just ghost in behind someone and get an insta kill. And more.

But at this point I am getting kind of fearful of being "that guy". Normally I wouldn't give a shit about being "that guy", I'm a nerd I'm used to being the awkward dude in the corner, but I take my staff role seriously here and while we are entitled to our opinions what we say and do also reflects on our community and website as well. So trying to white knight a game people consider bad, could reflect very negatively on the entire EvAv.com site.

So no, I won't be trying to keyboard kowboy it up and protect WarZ. I like the game, beyond that I do not wish to risk any harm on our community.
You're trying to white knight a game that is half a step away from criminal. Besides the borderline plagiarism of DayZ, launching with a name it had been told was unavailable previously and advertising features not in the title (Which is what prompted the Steam removal), it also claimed not to know whom was overseeing it's customers credit card information. If anyone here gave these guys a cent, I would cancel that card right away before you get a call from Visa asking if you are buying restaurant furniture in Czechoslovakia.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #22
Mav
Moderator & Nerd For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
You're trying to white knight a game that is half a step away from criminal. Besides the borderline plagiarism of DayZ, launching with a name it had been told was unavailable previously and advertising features not in the title (Which is what prompted the Steam removal), it also claimed not to know whom was overseeing it's customers credit card information. If anyone here gave these guys a cent, I would cancel that card right away before you get a call from Visa asking if you are buying restaurant furniture in Czechoslovakia.
Well there's a difference, I've white knighted the actual game play. I agree with you, and mostly everyone else, the business decisions and how it's been developed, by Hammerpoint have been bad. Extremely bad. That said, the game is still fun to play. I do want the features they advertised, and they are slowly coming patch by patch, which again I agree piece mealing these features they advertised is not cool. It's still a fun game. That's about as far as I'll discuss it cause at this point I don't wanna tarnish the site with being a fan of most people consider a horrible game.
Raptr mavgeek
Twitter @Maverickroll
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:45 AM   #23
bean19
Butt Stallion

@Mav - I would worry about "tarnishing the website". Look at Evil Avatar himself. Every now and again he decides to go on a "PC gaming is dead" rant despite PC game sales being higher than they've ever been before with a wider selection of PC games than ever before. (He's comparing the PC's sales to consoles and of course consoles sell far more titles than PC, but that doesn't mean PC is dead. It means that consoles out-perform it.)
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:05 AM   #24
Mav
Moderator & Nerd For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean19 View Post
@Mav - I would worry about "tarnishing the website". Look at Evil Avatar himself. Every now and again he decides to go on a "PC gaming is dead" rant despite PC game sales being higher than they've ever been before with a wider selection of PC games than ever before. (He's comparing the PC's sales to consoles and of course consoles sell far more titles than PC, but that doesn't mean PC is dead. It means that consoles out-perform it.)
Well, he owns the site lol he's more than entitled to rant. I like to think, the rest of us, try to hold ourselves to a high standard since to the average reader what we say and do could reflect on the sites reputation. Considering this is like, my number one source of game news, and I cherish the ability to help moderate the community, I don't wish to do anything to jeopardize that defending what most consider the worst game ever made.
Raptr mavgeek
Twitter @Maverickroll
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:07 AM   #25
Grimorial
Soul Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
The last time I heard voice chat was in CS:GO and I quickly disabled it after people wouldn't shut up and kept talking over each other.
It was and still is in CS:Source. Did you think they'd pull it from the new game?
Grimorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:40 AM   #26
wunshot
Subscriber

I find it funny that the game WarZ copied (DayZ...duh) has a news headline right below this one that got a whopping 2 replies, but this topic is already in the twenties. Haters will hate! P.S. WarZ does suck my balls right now, but I'm looking forward to the future of it.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #27
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
I find it funny that the game WarZ copied (DayZ...duh) has a news headline right below this one that got a whopping 2 replies, but this topic is already in the twenties. Haters will hate! P.S. WarZ does suck my balls right now, but I'm looking forward to the future of it.
-Duh
-Suck my balls
-Haters
-Looking forward to

People like you...
Old 01-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #28
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
Well, he owns the site lol he's more than entitled to rant. I like to think, the rest of us, try to hold ourselves to a high standard since to the average reader what we say and do could reflect on the sites reputation. Considering this is like, my number one source of game news, and I cherish the ability to help moderate the community, I don't wish to do anything to jeopardize that defending what most consider the worst game ever made.
The point isn't entitlement. The point is that I still respect Evil Avatar (the person) despite disagreeing with him sometimes, and my opinion of any red has nothing to do with what I think about the website/community.

The truth is that you bring facts to the table about the game and that's interesting. Personally, I have no stake in this because I don't want to play either game because they don't have a win condition, the zombies are not a real threat in either of them (being far too few to overwhelm people who are well-equipped), and PvP that rewards aggressors with all your stuff makes PvP so rewarding that it makes sense to do it.

However, that's my take on it having not played the game and having only watched videos and read stories on it. If my impressions or the impressions of other people are mistaken, then I like to hear about it. Heck, if someone has a reason why their opinion is different and they argue it well, that is also interesting.
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #29
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Don't let fear of what others will say / think ever stop you from expressing what you feel is right.

That being said, I fucking hate the WarZ. Mainly because it won't run on my machine.

Tags
hammerpoint interactive, op productions, the war z