Last post by Dag-Sabot
Yesterday 11:47 PM
6 Replies, 1,278 Views
» Promotion

Old 09-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #81
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Blind hate is just stupid.

PSP did you notice that there was no rebuttal at all about the things I mentioned? Did ya? No, but I know you won't be able to keep your fingers from clicking away on your keyboard because anytime you see my name you have to jump.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #82
shadow763
Tarnished Optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjadedgamer View Post
Bias comes from calling a company out for something other companies do. For instance Shadow was going on and on about how horrible MS was for charging for propriety memory in the past with the 360 yet Sony does the same thing right now with the Vita.

This very first post in this thread should have had examples of of other system launches in the past that did the same as this is not something new.
I dont know if that second ON was necessary. Maybe just the first.

Overcharging for anything that is proprietary is utter BS. The Vita should be called out on that. It is not magic memory they are using. Sony has a rich and storied history of creating formats so it can control the market, and it has always been an insane practice. All sides have dumb practices that are anti-consumer, and it should be called out.

I am only calling out Blitzkrieg because he reminds me of Electro with Sony.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #83
shadow763
Tarnished Optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
As for the X1 and their digital system I agree their PR was lacking and that recent video they recognize that. That has always been a problem for MS as long as I can remember. To me MS tried to be too transparent for their own good. People were so happy when Sony took the jab at MS over "how you trade games" on the PS4 even though it didn't answer much. We live in an time of the one liner being what a company needs and to apparently kind of wash over the details.

However X1 was the innovative system in my eyes as far as innovation goes. That doesn't mean it will be better of course. The world is obviously going digital and MS wasn't able to articulate why going digital was beneficial for consumers and what their options would be if the consumer couldn't go digital.
Less is more with the message I suppose. That would have probably helped them. The Kinect is really the killer for me. It was pointless when it was first released, and it still is. Having it be the cause for the higher cost and less power for the console is just a big negative in my eyes. That and having to use external drives to increase internal drive space. I want to limit the amount of crap around my TV, not have a bunch of devices daisy chained off of it.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:57 AM   #84
oldjadedgamer
Old and Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow763 View Post
I dont know if that second ON was necessary. Maybe just the first.

Overcharging for anything that is proprietary is utter BS. The Vita should be called out on that. It is not magic memory they are using. Sony has a rich and storied history of creating formats so it can control the market, and it has always been an insane practice. All sides have dumb practices that are anti-consumer, and it should be called out.

I am only calling out Blitzkrieg because he reminds me of Electro with Sony.
Yup, at the end of the day... both Sony and MS are evil corporations with only their interests in mind and both have anti-consumer practices and they don't care how they fuck over gamers. I agree.

Both Sony and MS are nasty.
oldjadedgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #85
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Therefore 'seeing' hate isn't?

I can see the product and its features pretty clearly right now. I'm not really liking it at the moment. Kinda hating it, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
We had this talk. Blueseed launches in 2014.
I intend to [move]. 2014 asshole.
Time is a-wastin', AnenoBob from Baghdad!
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #86
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Therefore 'seeing' hate isn't?

I can see the product and its features pretty clearly right now. I'm not really liking it at the moment. Kinda hating it, really.
Hating the product is entirely different then what I am discussing.

Evil's blind hate towards Msoft because it showed no gameplay is stupid when they have done this in the past, and the thing he endorses, did the same exact thing. They had a guy, walk down the street talking. No gameplay there. And that right there is blind hate.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #87
Terran
Evil Dead

Well, you don't have to be blind to hate MS. I'll just go with their completely crappy hardware from this generation, unbelievably borked (for over a year from launch) licensing restrictions on digital content, and dead-end to digital content on the current hardware (might they offer this content through the cloud? Possibly, but until then NOT) as three valid reasons for hating MS.

You don't have to be blind to want to kick them to the curb.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #88
Terran
Evil Dead

Hell, my first 360 red-ringed RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX when I first set it up.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #89
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Well, you don't have to be blind to hate MS. I'll just go with their completely crappy hardware from this generation, unbelievably borked (for over a year from launch) licensing restrictions on digital content, and dead-end to digital content on the current hardware (might they offer this content through the cloud? Possibly, but until then NOT) as three valid reasons for hating MS.

You don't have to be blind to want to kick them to the curb.
Again, you are missing the point, which I shouldn't be surprised about.

We aren't talking products right now. Following still, we are talking about their products media campaign. Follow still? Good.

If you hate the product fine. I don't care about what happened in the past for you. You had a bad experience, your xbox took you to town, and fucked you in the ass, I dont' care. Not everyone had the same experience. We are talking media campaigns which Sony and MSoft are doing the exact same thing essentially, and the Sony supports just wont admit to it. They are just using blind hate.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #90
oldjadedgamer
Old and Jaded

Quote:
Hell, my first 360 red-ringed RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX when I first set it up.
My PS3 video card was fried RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX when I first set it up. Here is what my driver in Motorstorm looked like:

Old 09-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #91
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
If you hate the product fine.
The product AND the marketing/messaging! They both suck!

Quote:
I don't care about what happened in the past for you.
Then stop replying with pointless replies! Saves us both time!

Quote:
Old 09-10-2013, 02:00 AM   #92
PSPfreak
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post

PSP did you notice that there was no rebuttal at all about the things I mentioned? Did ya? No, but I know you won't be able to keep your fingers from clicking away on your keyboard because anytime you see my name you have to jump.
See, you have to switch gears and resort to ad hominem ANYTIME someone challenges you because you don't have maturity or reasoning skills. First of all, I'm among a LARGE amount of people who bash you for your bias and idiocy so you acting like I'm a special case is hilarious.

Second, as I said, a rebuttal is not needed. Why? Because I just pointed out a simple fact rather than refute your point. You defend MS left and right for every stupid thing they do yet Sony gets the boot in the ass for everything THEY do wrong. That's called bias, buddy.
Quote:
I don't believe in reviews.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #93
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Its not bias when they are doing the exact same thing that MSoft is doing. Sony is running the same kind of ads yet, people here want to bitch about MSoft for not showing game play. I called them out on it.

What we have talked about in the past compared to Sony and MSoft has been policies that aren't in place. Big difference there bud. But you can't separate the difference between real life and imaginary... nor understand when talking about hypotheticals.

As for my stance on MSoft, you can look at it as me defending them, but I would be doing the same thing for Sony if they were in the position and their console was solid. But have you noticed what has happened over the course of the last 4 weeks PSP. I don't expect you too seeing that you seem to distant on all news. The hate for MSoft is subsiding, people are liking their product because ITS A GOOD PRODUCT. Just like the PS4 is a good product.

Unfair judgment and ridicule I will stand up for because I am not a bandwagon jumper, I have my views on things just as you do, but you just have a harder time understanding that people have different views because you live in a world that your view is the only view. I should park you and Terran in a room together and see the world collapse you realize that if I ask you a question and you have two different views, that only one of you guys can be correct...
Old 09-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #94
Wolfgang
Evil Dead

wrong thread...

Last edited by Wolfgang; 09-10-2013 at 11:36 AM..
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #95
oldjadedgamer
Old and Jaded

Yup, on paper the PS3 destroys the 360 but the games tell a vastly different story.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #96
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Yup, on paper the PS3 destroys the 360 but the games tell a vastly different story.
Again, like I have stated and history by my side.

Power doesn't mean shit. You can make better games on inferior machines as long as that game is good.

Look at Minecraft. Need I say more.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #97
TeeCakes
Nega Gamer

Quote:
On paper, Breaking Bad is a series about a browbeaten, defeated old school teacher who finds out he has terminal cancer and is the story of how he comes to grips with his own mortality and leaving his family/friends behind.

But when you watch the series it tells a vastly different story. The setup is not the most important part and as we all know from last gen (when most people called a Wii launch to be destined to fail since it was least powerful) in the games industry nothing is written in stone until the day that consoles are out in the wild.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:58 AM   #98
PSPfreak
Evil Dead

Quote:
Its not bias when they are doing the exact same thing that MSoft is doing. Sony is running the same kind of ads yet, people here want to bitch about MSoft for not showing game play. I called them out on it.
Yes... it is. To defend one company for something that you criticize another for is bias.

Quote:
Am I reading this correctly? It's common knowledge at this point that PS3's exclusives are vastly more superiorI can't name more than 3 (at most) even GOOD exclusives MS currently has on 360. I can think of tons on the PS3. This is the main reason PS3 has gained steam over the last few years. The games are what's more important (since little other than exclusives matter in these console wars now) and PS3 has 360 beat in spades, NO contest. Naughty Dog ALONE has made more truly quality titles than I can even think of that exist on the 360.
Quote:
Old 09-11-2013, 06:09 AM   #99
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
Yes... it is. To defend one company for something that you criticize another for is bias.

Am I reading this correctly? It's common knowledge at this point that PS3's exclusives are vastly more superiorI can't name more than 3 (at most) even GOOD exclusives MS currently has on 360. I can think of tons on the PS3. This is the main reason PS3 has gained steam over the last few years. The games are what's more important (since little other than exclusives matter in these console wars now) and PS3 has 360 beat in spades, NO contest. Naughty Dog ALONE has made more truly quality titles than I can even think of that exist on the 360.
Hypocrite... you bitch about me doing something, but then you use "common knowledge" when you bitched about that when talking about Skyrim.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #100
PSPfreak
Evil Dead

Quote:
Hypocrite... you bitch about me doing something, but then you use "common knowledge" when you bitched about that when talking about Skyrim.
And when I was corrected, I CONCEDED THE POINT. You could learn a thing or two from that and stop having such a selective memory. Thanks for deflecting to change the subject and avoid the point again. Like I said, you criticize Sony for something but defend MS for the same thing. That's bias, or "being a hypocrite" as you said. I see you like to simply project your own faults onto others to stay in denial.
Quote: