Originally Posted by bean19
Oh, you want open-world. Gotcha. I thought it was exploration that was important to you.
Skyrim is like that. . . so much content that I'm just overwhelmed by it.
You think that Dragon Age 3 will be like Bethesda games with just tons of content all over an open world? That would be neat.
1. Yes large world help exploration, not a map the size of two city blocks and a few branches, I take one of the smaller one's and wee a chest!
2. I'm not overwhelmed, I won't see it all, but I chill and let it happen.
3. That is what they state in the 3 movies, they even say, there are dungeons littered on the map that you can go into and in their game no loads, which means better than Bethesda. The state the one map they were on is bigger than all of DA2 and there are several maps and this was one of the smaller one's.
There is a lot going for this one:
1. Skyrim type world.
2. Party based vs single hero and dumb hero's.
3. Pause and strategize when you want.
4. Or build AI scripts to play live action and have your party play intelligently.
5. Have to assume the UI is decent to use a lot of different spells etc, where Skyrim wasn't.
Frostbite is by far the best engine Bethesda has ever got to work with. IMO they have had substandard engines, they perhaps did a lot with the engines they had, but they were always boxed in engines. Even their sad MMO.