Today 06:35 AM
13 Replies, 901 Views
» Promotion

Old 07-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Dead Rising 3 - Xbox Meets the Sledgesaw Video

Quote:
E3 intervierw with Josh Bridge Ex Producer of DeadRising 3.
Click on the headline to watch the video.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

My only problem is, I don't want to have to flick my controller forward to get a zombie off of me. I hope they have it so I don't have to do that. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
Doctorossi
Evil Dead

If I had a "sledgesaw", I'd have a lot of fun busting up Kinect devices.
Doctorossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Liked 1, Didn't like 2, unlikely to buy 3.

It could easily been a great game but, the constant time pressure just killed it for me. As a fun sandbox with interesting ways to kill it's really hard to beat but, they managed to turn it into an annoying slog.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
ElektroDragon
Panzermensch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKwan View Post
Liked 1, Didn't like 2, unlikely to buy 3.

It could easily been a great game but, the constant time pressure just killed it for me. As a fun sandbox with interesting ways to kill it's really hard to beat but, they managed to turn it into an annoying slog.
Well, DR3 removes the time limit. You can add the time limits back only in the special "hardcore" mode. But standard mode has no time limit.

I am currently playing through ALL the DR games, which I collected over the years but never really played.

The trick to the stupid time limits is to play while being hand held by the official strat guides. That's how I finally finished DR1 after SEVEN YEARS of it sitting on my shelf.

Also just finished the Case Zero XBLA game, and I just started DR2 with guide in hand.

After that, I have DR Case West XBLA to play, then its on to DR2: Off the Record full game.

And then, ONLY THEN, will I be ready for Dead Rising 3. I told my wife that unless I get through all the DR games before the Xbox One launch, I will be cancelling my Xbox One pre-order!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Once they announced that this was Xbox One exclusive, it dropped off my radar. System exclusives are so last generation.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Quote:
The trick to the stupid time limits is to play while being hand held by the official strat guides. That's how I finally finished DR1 after SEVEN YEARS of it sitting on my shelf.
Yeah that sounds like fun...not. Can't really even say you played the game if you have to use the guide can you? Good information on 3. I was expecting that with 2.

Quote:
Once they announced that this was Xbox One exclusive, it dropped off my radar. System exclusives are so last generation.
As long as they require Kinect, I'm with you.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #9
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
My only problem is, I don't want to have to flick my controller forward to get a zombie off of me. I hope they have it so I don't have to do that. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
I stand by the thought that analog controls for digital actions is stupid and purely bad design. If your guy is actually shaking his arms in a one to one motion, and the way you move your arms has some bearing on getting the zombies off... then sure, go ahead. But if it's just shaking the controller in the air to trigger the animation... that's just dumb and wasted motion. It's also frustrating because it always depends on the calibration point, so you never have any idea just how much you have to move in order to trigger the digital action.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #10
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
As much as everyone is into the PS3, at this point, Microsoft has the games. I'm still holding on to both of my preorders to see what things look like closer to launch, but I have no desire to own a console like the PS2 again, which didn't have any decent games worth playing for over a year.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #11
bean19
Butt Stallion

It looks cool. This will be one of the games I'll get when the Xbox One price drops (as I expect all of you will a few years after it's out and it has some cool exclusives we all want to play). Right now, I think this may be it. Titanfall is coming to PC. I can't think of anything else for the X1 that I'm really excited about.
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #12
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
As much as everyone is into the PS3, at this point, Microsoft has the games.
What other exclusives is Microsoft getting that look cool? Dead Rising 3 does look neat but I can't remember anything else from E3 that is Xbox One exclusive that I care about.
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #13
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean19 View Post
What other exclusives is Microsoft getting that look cool? Dead Rising 3 does look neat but I can't remember anything else from E3 that is Xbox One exclusive that I care about.
Zoo Tycoon and LocoCycle for the Kinect!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #14
Venkman
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean19 View Post
Isn't the Witcher 3 Xbox One exclusive?
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #15
Ozena
Discombobulated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
Isn't the Witcher 3 Xbox One exclusive?
Nope, thankfully.

I'd say Killer Instinct might be a worthy XB1 exclusive - but we all know it is not.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #16
Venkman
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozena View Post
Nope, thankfully.

I'd say Killer Instinct might be a worthy XB1 exclusive - but we all know it is not.
Ah, 2014. I can wait.

I'll miss killer instinct so much... the XB One controller and KI are almost enough to make me pre-order.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #17
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

The exclusives that X1 has include, Dead Rising, Quantum Break, TitanFall, Forza (I know you can compare this to GT but GT isn't coming out for the PS4.) D4, Crimson Dragon, Project Spark, Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Below, Halo, Killer Instinct (Its a F2P title that you have to buy characters)

All of those are exclusive to the X1, now if you compare to the list that PS4 offers which includes Deep Down, DriveClub, inFamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, Octodad: Deadliest Catch, The Order: 1886

Its up to you to figure out where the games are that fit you. I am not going to say which one has better exclusives because what I find good isn't necessarily what you find good. But those are the confirmed lists.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #18
Karai Pantsu
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozena View Post
I dunno, I'm interested in a KI revival.... though I agree, it will PROBABLY be crap, but I won't count it out just yet. And I also doubt it'd overwhelm my immense lack of "give a shit" about the XB1.
Karai Pantsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capcom, capcom vancouver, dead rising 3