Today 08:37 AM
13 Replies, 1,190 Views
» Promotion

Old 07-05-2013, 02:47 AM   #41
bub64882
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachokoolaid View Post
anyone know if PROJECT SPARK is a launch title?
I too would like to know. Besides the Division, Project Spark is my most anticipated game. It has the potential to be a minecraft killer.
bub64882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #42
Demo_Boy
@DemoEvolved on Twitter

Guys, how is GTA5 nowhere to be found in that list?

September 17, 2013
Grand Theft Auto V, Release date
Platforms:
PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

wth?
Demo_Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #43
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bub64882 View Post
I too would like to know. Besides the Division, Project Spark is my most anticipated game. It has the potential to be a minecraft killer.
They haven't said anything about it. And everywhere I go, no one even has it listed. So I would venture to say no, its not a launch title. But I am interested in it. Looks like it could be a lot of fun if not overally complicated.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #44
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDaY View Post
Cue the tumble weed. That is a terrible launch lineup. I will be upgrading my pc and waiting for a year or so to see what comes before I go near it.
That's possibly the worst launch library I've seen.

The only game on that list that sounds any good is Watchdogs and I'm a little tired of hearing about that game by now.

What happened to always, at least, having a decent platform game and fighting game at launch?
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #45
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo_Boy View Post
Guys, how is GTA5 nowhere to be found in that list? September 17, 2013
So are you saying that IGN fucked up and left it off or that Rockstar has fucked up by not having ported it by launch?
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #46
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Are you kidding? The PS3 and the Wii-U had much worse launch libraries. Heck, the Wii-U still only has New Super Mario Bros. U and then a bunch of old ports.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #47
actusoul
Evil Dead

I do not understand the critics on this thread today. Its looks like an excellent launch lineup. Anyone who would pick COD over Battlefield is crazy. Battlefield is so much better. Madden and FIFA.... This will keep me busy while the other titles are released.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #48
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by actusoul View Post
I do not understand the critics on this thread today. Its looks like an excellent launch lineup. Anyone who would pick COD over Battlefield is crazy. Battlefield is so much better. Madden and FIFA.... This will keep me busy while the other titles are released.
Well, I agree that some of the criticism is a bit much, but which games people like are highly subjective. Personally, I haven't played a Madden game in 5 years because it felt like I was buying roster udpates. Also, EA Sports just upscales last-gen sports games for like 2 years before they get a next-gen engine built.

Also, PS4 is getting both of the big military shooters (Battlefield and CoD: Ghosts), so you don't have to make a choice there. . . not sure why you brought up how you like BF more than CoD.

My problem is that I don't care for most mainstream games. They tend to deliver basically the same game over and over with just minor changes. What gets me excited are games that are in their own genre or under-represented genres; for example, Infamous is an open-world superhero game. Every couple of years, we get a new Spider-Man game that is basically this, but Spidey's powers are well-known and you don't really get much choice in how you build him. Infamous has a whole new world and story to tell (as well as a whole new character with Dustin). Likewise, Watch Dogs is sort of a mix between the super-hero and crime open-world genres. That's new and exciting!

I'm honestly not certain what the hell designers are thinking when they make the next military shooter. That has to be so upsetting to just be making the next iteration in a largely unchaged series.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #49
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Gamers are never happy with what they get.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #50
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
Gamers are never happy with what they get.
That's because "gamers" refers to all gamers regardless of which types of games they like. It's rare that a game is awesome enough to appeal to a super-majority of gamers.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #51
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Um... No.

A new Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Killzone and a totally new IP in Watch_Dogs and the first console version of Diablo.

It's a lot stronger lineup than the Wii U or the launch of the PS3 and/or Xbox 360.

What does the XBone have in comparison? The same titles minus Killzone and Diablo III. (Not to mention that AC4 & Watch_Dogs have PS3/4 exclusive missions.)

It's a pretty balanced launch.

Don't forget that everyone also gets Drive Club for free because you are pretty much be required to purchase PS+ now.
The 360 launch was actually pretty great. DOA 4 and Project Gotham, specifically, were two games that were fantastic launch games. Car games are really easy ways to show off what a new console is capable of, and DOA 4 looked and played great. It had a slick framerate, was colorful, was easily accessible and had a certain pop-music quality that I appreciated.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #52
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
What does the XBone have in comparison? The same titles minus Killzone and Diablo III. (Not to mention that AC4 & Watch_Dogs have PS3/4 exclusive missions.)
Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
D4
Dead Rising 3
Forza Motorsport 5
Just Dance 2014
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports Rivals

Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Lococycle
Minecraft
Need for Speed: Rivals
Project Spark
Watch Dogs
Ryse: Son of Rome

All the bolded titles are X1 day 1 exclusives except Project Spark which doesn't have a release window yet. Diablo 3 is also coming out to the 360 and will be out before launch of the new consoles. So you are hoping they sell people on the third launch of this game. Killer Instinct is also free to play (except you have to buy characters.)

Both consoles have solid and countering offers this gen. If you buy one console, but the exclusive you want are on the other, you can find something on the opposing console that fits what you are looking for.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #53
DarkDaY
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
A brand new GTX 770 is the same price as a PS4 which is a better option for anyone needing the upgrade.
Thats a beast of a card, love that it out performs both consoles and its early july. Ill end up picking up the xbox1 due to dead rising 3 and a few other games, and I will grab a ps4 the very second there is a game that I want to play so badly that is only on the machine. I don't care about the 100 extra dollars, I work hard, im an adult, but I am surely not going to buy something when there is no immediate reason to. That said, while both machines look nice, the new rig im building makes them both sad pandas.
DarkDaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #54
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean19 View Post
That's because "gamers" refers to all gamers regardless of which types of games they like. It's rare that a game is awesome enough to appeal to a super-majority of gamers.
Well of course, but look at the disdain in this forum alone. People calling it weak. What was the last console that launched with a strong line up. At least this next gen, you have a complete variety of games to play. Any thing from sports, to FPS, to adventure games.

This is one of the strongest line ups I have seen on either console. If I was getting the PS4, I would be picking up Second Son, BF4, and CoD. I find Killzone to be a piss poor Halo/Cod mix, so that one is a wait for me. There is something for everyone this time around.

As for what I am buying day 1 for the X1. I am getting Madden, Dead Rising and BF4.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #55
DarkDaY
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post

The only game on that list that sounds any good is Watchdogs and I'm a little tired of hearing about that game by now.

What happened to always, at least, having a decent platform game and fighting game at launch?
That was my thought. D3 blew, it broke my heart, I have literally over 2 thousand hours logged on d2, (maybe that's why i disliked it) Watch Dogs looks fun, but not quite the game that makes me say,, hey! I need a new console right now, just for that game, and as for the rest of the line up, well, I still have a 'working' 360' ps3, and a pc with so many steam games unplayed they have to do much better then that. Its really not the price more then just having more crap in my place hooked up and unplayed. I don't need another door stop waiting for a game. Someone just give me a proper Zelda remake and ill but a Wii u asap
DarkDaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #56
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Quote:
Well of course, but look at the disdain in this forum alone. People calling it weak. What was the last console that launched with a strong line up. At least this next gen, you have a complete variety of games to play. Any thing from sports, to FPS, to adventure games.

This is one of the strongest line ups I have seen on either console. If I was getting the PS4, I would be picking up Second Son, BF4, and CoD. I find Killzone to be a piss poor Halo/Cod mix, so that one is a wait for me. There is something for everyone this time around.
Are you fucking serious? People like you want to bitch about when others speak negatively but a shallow launch line up like this shouldn't even be acceptable. Every other thread people whine about not being able to play old games on a new console but then actually expecting games to be available and interesting at launch is just absurd! Out of that list there are only three new IPs, one Free2Play game that is out on PC, one mediocre ARPG that went full casual mode to piss everyone off and eleven copy and paste jobs like usual.

Quote:
As for what I am buying day 1 for the X1. I am getting Madden, Dead Rising and BF4.
Look at this shit. Look at it!

You want to support Microsoft and their totally misguided attempt at a console on launch to get of all things the three titles that have existed numerous times already... God dammit man. YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #57
Zelos
Zoidberg

The Best Console launch I've seen in terms of good number of games is still the Dreamcast launch. Granted, I've never owend one but looking back now it was a great launch (yeah Sonic Adventure sucks now but back then it was good).

Why not Zoidberg?
Zelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #58
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
D4
Dead Rising 3
Forza Motorsport 5
Just Dance 2014
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports Rivals

Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Lococycle
Minecraft
Need for Speed: Rivals
Project Spark
Watch Dogs
Ryse: Son of Rome
Need for Speed: Rivals isn't exclusive? I guess IGN forgot that one too.

Anyway, not interested in any of those except Watch Dogs either. Maybe Ryse will be cool too, but I'll wait for reviews.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #59
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

I don't want the ONE for all the obvious reasons, but the launch library suits my tastes far better.

Killer Instinct and Spark would make good Day 1 Titles.

The thing is, when I buy a new console, I immediately want a game that is going to justify that purchase. I want Super Mario World, Pilotwings and Fzero. I want Soul Calibur. I want Halo. I want something where I can empirically say "welp, I couldn't do this before."

When I bought the PS2, I remember the moment when I thought, "Okay.. I'm sitting here playing Tekken Tag Tournament, which is basically identical to Tekken 3, holding a controller that is basically identical to the one I was holding yesterday. Nothing is different except that I'm 500 dollars poorer..."
Old 07-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #60
Vorphalack
Death Knight

God damn, you are the epitome of spoiled gamer.

The game isn't even out yet and you are "tired of it".
Vorphalack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launch titles, ps4, sony