Last post by MasterKwan
Today 11:18 AM
7 Replies, 532 Views
» Promotion

Old 05-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Rising Storm Release Date Announced

Tripwire Interactive and the Rising Storm Team have announced that Rising Storm will be released on May 30, 2013.

Quote:
Today, Tripwire Interactive and the Rising Storm Team are delighted to announce the release date for Rising Storm, the next game in the award-winning Red Orchestra franchise: Thursday May 30, 2013.

The pre-purchase period will end when we release the game so, if you want to get the current 15% discount, you'd better act fast! The current beta version has led to some hugely positive comments in previews:
  • "Precision, authenticity and thick danger... making it so absurdly fun" - PC Gamer
  • "Does guns and death better than any other game…" - PC Gamer UK
  • "Very accessible realism" - Gamespot
  • "Rising Storm is visually stunning and extremely immersive" - Joystick Widows
  • "I can confidently say that I’ve never had as much fun in a shooter" - OXCGN
  • "More perfect than i could have asked for" - Airborne Gamer (9.5/10)
  • "The feeling of tension you feel as you creep through the jungles, bullets whizzing past, aware that any second you could be dead is addictive" - Penny Arcade Report
  • "A fantastic shooter with a raw approach to WWII" - GameReactor
  • "It's tirelessly addictive, wonderfully exciting" - GameGrin
  • "In Rising Storm I've found the real Battlefield" - God is a Geek
Rising Storm is now available for pre-purchase on Steam (Rising Storm store page) as well as other major digital outlets!
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
lockwoodx
Photobomber

This game is boring as dirt and they didn't even recreate RO:1 properly.

Looks pretty, still plays like poo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

Ha. I'd say the opposite. Quite fun in my book, but looks terrible on some maps, particularly Iwo Jima.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Until they start adding the vehicles and tweak the classes, no thanks. It's a boring grind with "balancing" from RO:2 to make it less simmy even on classic mode. A perfect example is the new command restrictions/additions on support.

As commander you sit there and watch the respawn queue of your entire team. When I see 10+ people in the queue and the enemy just used a ton of resources to make a big push, I can respawn my entire team instantly negating it.

Even on classic mode.... what is this I don't even
Quote:
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

We didn't at realism mode together. Just did tonight. It's the SHIT and quite fun. You pretty much die in one hit. Adds a whole other level of tension to the game. Soooo fun!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
Old 05-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #6
wildcard
Dread Lord

This Is a great game at a great price. I only play realism so i'm not sure what the other modes are like. Now I just want some zombies and it will be perfect.

The game seems faster than RO2, Not by a lot but I like it. Might just be in my head. Also If your a Cod player...well lets just say no more running and gunning and you have to aim ( friendly fire is on and hit boxes are not ten feet wide) But worth it if you like team play and a challenge.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #7
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai tyrus View Post
We didn't at realism mode together.
We didn't what? In RO I almost exclusively play squad leaders/commanders. While most of the game is just more RO (not a bad thing) the balance changes to command make me cringe.
Quote:
Old 05-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #8
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Ha. I'd say the opposite. Quite fun in my book, but looks terrible on some maps, particularly Iwo Jima.
Another game you guys disagree on. SHOCKING.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
If women didn't have vaginas, men would hunt them with dogs. For sport.
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #9
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
We didn't what? In RO I almost exclusively play squad leaders/commanders. While most of the game is just more RO (not a bad thing) the balance changes to command make me cringe.
We didn't play on Realism. That mode is the shit! Just do territories like we did and it forces one team NOT to camp. Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Indeed. This game is so fun. Wildcard summed it up nicely. You can't even shoot from the hip and expect to hit anything (in most instances). Man, when you get a kill, it's so rewarding, makes me feel like this:

Old 05-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #10
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Wildcard summed it up nicely. You can't even shoot from the hip and expect to hit anything (in most instances). Man, when you get a kill, it's so rewarding
I bet you thought those kills were rewarding when you couldn't crack double digits!

Also, you CAN shoot from the hip as often as you want if you play smart. Part of RO: intense depth was where the classes who could run and gun were limited forcing most players to learn how to aim or get all stabby which is why I learned how to command in a hurry (smoke + MP40 or even better the russian PPSH-41 was god mode) Little has changed after playing last night and you can still use the same tactics except they effed up all the commander support options with asstacular balance that spilled over from RO:2's abysmal failure.
Quote:

Last edited by lockwoodx; 05-29-2013 at 10:42 AM..
Old 05-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #11
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
He's only allowed to secretly agree with me while in steam chat or that doesn't make for very good reading DOES IT?
Quote:
Old 05-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #12
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
I think sai tyrus just has a broader range of things he likes and/or things he is able to tolerate than lockwood.

@lockwoodx - Is it hard for you to find games to play? You've always been a lot more critical of games than me and I'm pretty critical - especially as I've gotten older, I just don't even give games in genres I don't care for a chance anymore. Maybe Grid or Forza are wonderful games that would totally turn me around on simulation racers, but I don't know because I don't bother trying them. Likewise, I haven't been playing military shooters for about 5 years now.
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #13
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean19 View Post
@lockwoodx - Is it hard for you to find games to play?

I don't know, you tell me.
Quote:
Old 05-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #14
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

Thanks bean19. Yeah, I just try to find the positive in things. I do like RO2: Rising Storm though. It definitely has its flaws, but I'm enjoying it. I've even been trying to be positive about games I don't like. Perfect example was Resident Evil: Revelations. Hated that game. The story was stupid, and it looked like shit. But you didn't hear me say it in such harsh terms until the thread grew a bit. And even if I hate it, doesn't mean someone else will. I try to look at games as objectively as possible. Until recently, I hated big time on CoD games. But then I realized, I play the hell out of some games that others hate (Natural Selection 2, for example). So why should I dog them in turn? Pretty hypocritical.

Random thing, me and lock can't seem to agree. But we get along well. He gifted me a copy of Blood Bowl and I absolutely hated it. Different strokes for different folks.

He schooled the shit out of me in CS:GO the other day too. Our 'ole lock.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #15
Meusli
Subscriber

I think its a blast. The Iwo Jima map is ace as the Japs(not played the Americans), I was just shooting people for fun and got 26 kills on one round which for me is a miricale. Definitely a game to be played on realism setting, as like RO2 arcade mode is crap.
Meusli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #16
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

Indeed. Yeah... Americans in Iwo Jima is tough. Dunno if lock mentioned it, but the problems be hit were there. We were American and got our asses handed to us.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #17
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
He gifted me a copy of Blood Bowl and I absolutely hated it.
I warned you it was for chess players!

Quote:
Indeed. Yeah... Americans in Iwo Jima is tough. Dunno if lock mentioned it, but the problems be hit were there. We were American and got our asses handed to us.
Actually I was on the Axis side every match as the commander hunkered down by the nearest radio and popping smoke like it was 420.

I figured you were over there to test your mettle against me!

edit: Oh hey I forgot I can edit now so I'll just delete the redundant post below this one.
Quote:

Last edited by lockwoodx; 05-29-2013 at 03:38 PM..
Old 05-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #18
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
I warned you it was for chess players!

Actually I was on the Axis side every match as the commander hunkered down by the nearest radio and popping smoke like it was 420.

I figured you were over there to test your mettle against me!

edit: Oh hey I forgot I can edit now so I'll just delete the redundant post below this one.
I can too. What's up with that? Random bit, I LOVE this game. Realism FTW! So damn fun. So epic. Death is so quick. Brutally beautiful. We need to have another go sometime. Dunno when my next day of will be!

Old 05-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #19
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Holy shit imagurians watch Mexican soccer? Anyway they were losing by and it was 5 minutes til it was over and out of nowhere they make a goal and then the FUCKING GOALIE RUNS OUT TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FUCKING STADIUM AND HEADBUTTS A GOAL. (with the help of an idiot from the other team lol). This was their coach dancing with glee and happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
If women didn't have vaginas, men would hunt them with dogs. For sport.
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #20
DingBat
Evil Dead

I worked on the original Red Orchestra mod team that won the Make Something Unreal contest. I parted was with the team when they set up to do the first retail release (my wife said enough was enough) and kind of lost track in the game.

Frankly, I'm shocked that there is even an arcade mode in Red Orchestra. The team, at least during the mod days, was such as stickler for realism (within reason, of course) and avoiding any sort of comparison with standard shooters like CoD.

I tried RO2 when it came out, but it just didn't capture me like the mod did. Some of the soul seems to have left. I think a bit of that had to do with the attempts to make maps of real Stalingrad battle locations, but that may be just me. I hope this release does better for the team, the ones I knew worked incredibly hard.
DingBat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rising storm, rising storm team, tripwire interactive