Dead or Alive 5: Last...
Last post by Agnostic Pope
Yesterday 09:38 PM
4 Replies, 373 Views
» Promotion

Old 02-09-2013, 04:30 AM   #21
badcarnivore
Squire

its funny, this thread is making me just want to play the game.

or i guess i could just read the story online somewhere...
badcarnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #22
Mazzicc
Evil Dead

Pretend TOR doesn't exist, and make KOTOR 3.

Or, make something set in the Yuzzan-Vong war era, or even later. We need to get away from the boring, established canon (like they did when Kotor was new)
Mazzicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #23
vallor
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
No ending is better than spitting on the lore of past games and saying FUCK YOU to everybody that liked said lore/had a sense of choice.
Didn't play KOTOR 2 so are you talking about KOTOR2 or ME3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzicc View Post
Or, make something set in the Yuzzan-Vong war era, or even later. We need to get away from the boring, established canon
Yes, for the love of God can we get a new threat? How long can we milk Empire/Alliance/Republic shit? SPOILER ALERT: THE ALLIANCE WINS!

Let's more on already!
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #24
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Didn't play KOTOR 2 so are you talking about KOTOR2 or ME3?
He is talking about both.

No ending = KOTOR 2
spitting on lore = ME3

I don't agree with these opinions, but I understood him because I've read them a million times.

Quote:
Yes, for the love of God can we get a new threat? How long can we milk Empire/Alliance/Republic shit? SPOILER ALERT: THE ALLIANCE WINS!
Huh? There are plenty of Star Wars games that don't involve a Galactic Civil War. The repetitive theme in all of them is the battle between the light side Jedi and dark-side Sith - though even that has been turned on it's head a little bit before within KOTOR due to playing a Sith who lost memories and became a Jedi. That's really just a twist though as the theme was still central.

That's not to say that the GCW isn't in most of them. Part of the light side vs. dark side confrontation is universal stakes in the showdown.
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #25
vallor
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean19 View Post
That's not to say that the GCW isn't in most of them.
You missed the point. Since the GCW is in a majority of all SW media, it'd be nice to have a different threat. IMO, the most special of all the SW "stories" are those exceptions to the rule where the Empire/Republic white noise fades out. That's a lot easier to do if the Empire/republic aren't major "characters" because of the time or the cast.

You can still have the whole Force Yin/Yang thing but how about a bit of a twist this time?
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #26
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollyonbob View Post
Oh thank Christ. When I read the RPS guy going off about how it was such an amazing game and way better than KotOR 1, I thought I had fallen into a coma or awoken in another dimension or something.

Thankfully, I come over here and see I'm still sane haha.

For anyone who doesn't know, KotOR 2 was one of the biggest disappointments to hit Star Wars since the prequels. Not just in the fact that after the incredible original Knights of the Old Republic the sequel was a simple reiteration of the mechanics coupled with an utterly bizarre story, but within the game itself. As the story unfolded, and got increasingly bizarre, it became apparent that this was not going to be like the BioWare game.

And then came the biggest Fuck You ending since Ghost's N Goblins haha.

Seriously, how anyone could think that KotOR 2 was so incredible is absolutely beyond me.
Agreed.

I wonder if the game experience is different if you play it " once as evil and once as good". I don't play games like that, instead trying to make the choices I really would. Maybe that's what ade te game feel so bizarre and broken to me, in part. It was also just poorly made and poorly conceived.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #27
kwolf
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollyonbob View Post
Seriously, how anyone could think that KotOR 2 was so incredible is absolutely beyond me.
There were some innovations in KotOR2. I'm not saying it's as good as KotOR1. But, in my mind, KotOR1 stands out as one of the best games ever, so that's a high bar.

The ability to turn your companions into Jedi or Sith by talking to them and influencing them was very cool. It was fun to figure out what would gain influence with which type of person ... which wanted to be validated, which wanted to be loved and which wanted to be bullied.

If they could build a game that took that to a deeper level ... that is, the ability to really get to know your companions and either manipulate them to the lightside or corrupt them to the darkside, it could be fun.

Tags
obsidian, star wars