Today 11:32 AM
18 Replies, 1,076 Views
» Promotion

Old 12-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #21
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow763 View Post
I threw out a Linksys USB wireless adapter yesterday because it is only XP and drivers for 7 were never made. The vista ones didn't work for 7 like they typically do. I know no one that uses Xp still so the garbage was the next best place. They only people I know that use XP have to on a work laptop, not by choice. The writing is beyond on the wall.

That being said, is this supposed to be good? I like 1 but 2 became boring and monotonous half way through. It was a grind to finish it. It kind of made me not want to play anymore Crysis games.
Did you try running its software in compatibility mode?
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #22
Mav
Moderator & Nerd For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfShotTheFood View Post
There's no way I'd attempt to run this game with a GTS 450 video card.
Hell I wouldn't attempt to run it on a 680 which is listed for the Hi Performance setup.

They release a tech demo video a couple months ago, showing off all the high quality AA, tessellation and more. You'd easily need two 690's in SLI, 16+ GB ram and the beefest i7 on the market (shit, I'd recommend a hexacore over that, for Cry3).

I'm sure games like Crysis look amazing, if you own a Nasa-like PC that could run the thing as it's developers intended. Sadly that's one reason why I'll skip out on MechWarrior Online, I tried the beta (which uses Cry3 engine) and it made my pc chug along with everything on low (my gpu was only, four months old on the market at the time).
Raptr mavgeek
Twitter @Maverickroll
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #23
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'm sure games like Crysis look amazing, if you own a Nasa-like PC that could run the thing as it's developers intended. Sadly that's one reason why I'll skip out on MechWarrior Online, I tried the beta (which uses Cry3 engine) and it made my pc chug along with everything on low (my gpu was only, four months old on the market at the time).
It runs on the 360. That tells me it'll probably even run on my Laptop if I keep the res down to TV res.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #24
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Sadly that's one reason why I'll skip out on MechWarrior Online, I tried the beta (which uses Cry3 engine) and it made my pc chug along with everything on low (my gpu was only, four months old on the market at the time).
Your machine chugs on this? One of the reported positives of the game has been how well it runs.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #25
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Quote:
Hell I wouldn't attempt to run it on a 680 which is listed for the Hi Performance setup.

They release a tech demo video a couple months ago, showing off all the high quality AA, tessellation and more. You'd easily need two 690's in SLI, 16+ GB ram and the beefest i7 on the market (shit, I'd recommend a hexacore over that, for Cry3).

You must not be paying attention, gaming technology is limping along and the most demanding PC games are really nothing much greater than our previous cycle of high end hardware. Maybe around the time of the next generation of consoles will PC releases step up and actually advance but for now were stuck with practically console quality releases everywhere you look.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #26
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:

This is odd Mav. Weren't you the one who was saying you got decent performance out of Planetside 2? Cause my system chugs on that shit but it runs MechWarrior Online just fine, even at high detail ~50FPS.
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #27
Mav
Moderator & Nerd For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
This is odd Mav. Weren't you the one who was saying you got decent performance out of Planetside 2? Cause my system chugs on that shit but it runs MechWarrior Online just fine, even at high detail ~50FPS.
I get decent performance in PS2 yes, but I'm playing at a super low resolution, with a heavily modified .ini file to strip it down to studs on graphical options, just to maintain a 30-40 frame rate.

People miss out on the key phrase I used when I said "will look amazing if you have a Nasa-like computer". The key words there are look amazing and if. Sure Crysis 3 will be on consoles but it'll be a heavily modified version designed to run on a 360's and PS3's hardware. If you want the full package, run it on Ultra super high settings in a giant resolution, it won't be on a 360 you'll need a beefy PC.

Even on my laptop I could technically run these, but "amazing looking" and slide show are two different ends of the spectrum.
Raptr mavgeek
Twitter @Maverickroll
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #28
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

It runs like a champ on my PC set to high. "Ultra" gives me a bit of stutter in the framerate, usable but, not as smooth as I like. That's at 1920x1600.

I was really looking forward to this game and I'm a smidge disappointed. It's still fun but, it plays like a very smooth FC2 more than anything else. The open world parts are great. I like the RPG aspects of it. I find myself running instead of driving because the cars don't handle well with the keyboard and I've not managed to find a way to remap the keys for driving (might have simply missed it). The animals are bullet sponges. It's much easier to kill the pirates then say a pig. Shooting is good. The weapons feel meaty. I wish there were more of them. I think Borderlands has spoiled me. The mods you can do to the weapons are fairly limited.

If you liked FC2 and you'll love this game. It's better almost all around than FC2.

The parts that are sort of scripted, that move the plot forward are sort of annoying. It's fun to capture territory though.

I'd probably give it an 85-90. Worth playing, not quite as good as I hoped.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crysis 3, crytek