Batman Arkham Origins -...
Last post by divinechaos
Yesterday 08:13 PM
7 Replies, 582 Views

Old 11-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
Medievaldragon
Squire

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Collector's Edition Only $39.99

An Amazon Support Representative confirmed the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Collector's Edition is currently available through November for only $39.99. There is no deadline. It will be at this price while supplies last.

This highly-sought Collector's Edition usually costs $79.99. Under normal circumstances, these sell for over $200 in eBay when copies have sold out at local and online stores

It's possible that the Digital Deluxe Edition introduced by Blizzard Entertainment this year affected the sales of the physical version. The digital version only contains the virtual goods.

The physical box contains additional goodies, such as the Behind-the Scenes DVD, the Art of Mists of Pandaria Book, the Soundtrack DVD and the mousepad.

Last edited by randir14; 11-25-2012 at 11:59 PM..
Medievaldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #2
Mav
Moderator & Nerd For Life

I always wanted to get my hands on the art books that come in them, primarily the WotLK one. But the price was always a bit high for me.
Raptr mavgeek
Twitter @Maverickroll
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:42 AM   #3
vallor
Evil Dead

No Limited Collectors Edition is really that any more and I'd be surprised if either of the last two WoW LCEs sold for more than their retail sales price on eBay. I picked up the Cata CE box for $24 over a year after it launched and WoTLK for ~$40 6 months after it launched. I just get these now so I have the whole set.

Of course the WoW RTM CE is worth bank if you have an unopened copy. That was a real life limited collector edition, not just a different SKU in a fancy box sold for a few extra bucks but an LCE with actual rarity. I've seen them go for $2500 (unopened).
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
gobius
Lord

35 bucks right now at Amazon
gobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
Mazzicc
Evil Dead

well shit. that's tempting.
Mazzicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
Mr. Lake
Developer

I own the standard edition of the game and got the soundtrack seperately. I listen to it a lot while I work, the score is fantastic and really fuses Asian cultural musical sensibilities with the sort of magical epicness of Warcraft's universe really well. Path of the Monk is among one of my favorite tracks, I highly recommend it if you're a fan of orchestral soundtracks in general.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
Saudade
Evil Dead

That is a good deal! I have all the CEs of WoW and the expansions. I usually always try for the CE when I buy games I know I will enjoy unless it is something like the CE for Skyrim -- what a waste of money, I have no interest in statues and I wanted the art book badly.

Always sold on art books! But as time goes on I am finding myself drawn to Steam and the money I save is very nice. Just picked up The Witcher 2 for $7.49.
Saudade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
Mav
Moderator & Nerd For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lake View Post
I own the standard edition of the game and got the soundtrack seperately. I listen to it a lot while I work, the score is fantastic and really fuses Asian cultural musical sensibilities with the sort of magical epicness of Warcraft's universe really well. Path of the Monk is among one of my favorite tracks, I highly recommend it if you're a fan of orchestral soundtracks in general.

It's a good song, but I raise you

(start at around the 40 second mark when the song really kicks in). Easily my favorite song in the entire game, which I am bias for cause I really enjoyed the entire Arthas / Lich King story line a lot, way more than Cataclysm or MoP.
Raptr mavgeek
Twitter @Maverickroll
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
bean19
Butt Stallion

I liked Mists of Pandaria, but I have a few issues with WoW.

When you get to max level, you cannot buy Valor Point gear (raid gear level PvE items) unless you grind daily quests for several weeks to earn reputation with the factions that sell them. In previous games, Valor and Justice points were used as a way to let players progress at max level even if they are not seeing drops each week.

It makes it so that once you have heroic dungeon gear, you don't just play characters for 2 hours of raiding each week and then log off; however, I don't get my 1000 valor points (it's capped weekly so that you can only buy one raid item about every 2-3 weeks) on any character in WoW now because I hate grinding daily quests for reputation. When I'm done playing alts up to 90, I'll unsubscribe - probably this month and I won't come back until the next expansion unless they remove the reputation/daily quest grind.

The other problem I have is minor, but worth mentioning. Instead of consolidating servers and dealing with players that cry doom or get pissed off about character name changes, they do this thing where the PvE zones for your server are shared among all of the servers in your battle group (for those who don't know WoW, this is the set of servers that are linked together for queuing for battlegrounds and dungeon finder. A larger pool of players leads to faster queue times so it's great for that); however, the only thing that happens as a result of having these people out in the same PvE areas is that you have to fight for spawns again instead of getting a pristine PvE world with only your server. Plus, communication with them is odd. You cant' type tells easily because they all have their server as part of their name, so if you see someone being a dick, you can't send a /tell to Rossperot, it has to be Rossperot-Nesingwary (or whatever server he is from). Finally, the best way I've found of dealing with dicks is to /who their guild name and tattle on them to their guild because often their parents are in the guild or they are young enough that peer pressure is still a big deal to them. You can't do that when someone is a cross-realm troll. I'd prefer they worked on new content instead of worrying about this though.

Finally, I still like WoW, but it is starting to feel it's age. There is a project the devs have spoken about for updating models over time - especially character models, but I don't know that it will help enough. Considering the mountain of cash they make off this, I'd think they'd spend more on development and get it done quickly. . . art assets are something you can staff up for after all - and that's sort of a feeling you get with a lot of the game. It feels like they've given up on growing their audience and they're just making a game to service the diehards. . . so they'll narrow their audience more.
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #10
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean19 View Post
I liked Mists of Pandaria, but I have a few issues with WoW.

When you get to max level, you cannot buy Valor Point gear (raid gear level PvE items) unless you grind daily quests for several weeks to earn reputation with the factions that sell them. In previous games, Valor and Justice points were used as a way to let players progress at max level even if they are not seeing drops each week.

It makes it so that once you have heroic dungeon gear, you don't just play characters for 2 hours of raiding each week and then log off; however, I don't get my 1000 valor points (it's capped weekly so that you can only buy one raid item about every 2-3 weeks) on any character in WoW now because I hate grinding daily quests for reputation. When I'm done playing alts up to 90, I'll unsubscribe - probably this month and I won't come back until the next expansion unless they remove the reputation/daily quest grind.
With the ease of LFR and weekly Sha of Anger kill + the tokens of good luck you really only need 1 maybe 2 peices of faction gear. You can run LFR with 450 dungeon gear and LFR loot is individually based not shared raid loot.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #11
Whimbrel
Subhuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post

Of course the WoW RTM CE is worth bank if you have an unopened copy. (unopened).

What is the WoW RTM CE?
Whimbrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
With the ease of LFR and weekly Sha of Anger kill + the tokens of good luck you really only need 1 maybe 2 peices of faction gear. You can run LFR with 450 dungeon gear and LFR loot is individually based not shared raid loot.
1. The tokens of good luck require you to participate in the daily quest reputation grind, so mentioning them to someone who hates the daily quest reputation grind makes sense?

2. The whole point of Valor is to give top level characters something to do besides 2 hours of LFR/week. It rewards players with raid gear for doing heroics, scenarios, daily quests, and LFR. You don't need to grind daily quest reputation to gear up for LFR - heroics do that and you can buy heroic-level gear with Justice Points. You need Valor Points to buy raid-level gear items with a 480-ish ilevel (I think it's equivalent to the gear earned in the 10-man versions of the raids so some of it is 490-ish too).

The result is that if you want more than 2 hours of meaningful progression after you hit max level and spend a week getting the heroic gear so that you can start raiding, you HAVE to do the daily quest reputation grind currently. That leaves people who don't want to do it with the choice of unsubscribing, playing alts, or only getting to possibly advance their characters while raiding for 2 hours/week.

I'm choosing to play alts and then choosing to unsubscribe. I'm never going to to do a daily quest reputation grind. I hated it with Firelands - which I never did and I hate it now.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #13
ViperDC
Squire

It's actually only $34.99 at Amazon.com right now.
ViperDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #14
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
1. The tokens of good luck require you to participate in the daily quest reputation grind, so mentioning them to someone who hates the daily quest reputation grind makes sense?

2. The whole point of Valor is to give top level characters something to do besides 2 hours of LFR/week. It rewards players with raid gear for doing heroics, scenarios, daily quests, and LFR. You don't need to grind daily quest reputation to gear up for LFR - heroics do that and you can buy heroic-level gear with Justice Points. You need Valor Points to buy raid-level gear items with a 480-ish ilevel (I think it's equivalent to the gear earned in the 10-man versions of the raids so some of it is 490-ish too).

The result is that if you want more than 2 hours of meaningful progression after you hit max level and spend a week getting the heroic gear so that you can start raiding, you HAVE to do the daily quest reputation grind currently. That leaves people who don't want to do it with the choice of unsubscribing, playing alts, or only getting to possibly advance their characters while raiding for 2 hours/week.

I'm choosing to play alts and then choosing to unsubscribe. I'm never going to to do a daily quest reputation grind. I hated it with Firelands - which I never did and I hate it now.

Because it's not a grind to get tokens. I personally ground out all the reps and I have 1000's of the lesser coins. You only need 90 a week which is only a few dailies during a week when you have time. Not the grind of 50+ quests a day.

LFR gives you gear that works as good filler and helps ease progression in regular raids. Also normal raids and LFR are not mutually exclusive. HeroicD = ilvl 450, LFR= ilvl476, Normal Raid = ilvl 496 , etc.

I'm not trying to talk you into staying in the game. I just dont agree with the assessment that Rep grinding is a requirement to progress. Rep grind makes it easier but it isnt a roadblock to progression.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #15
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
Because it's not a grind to get tokens. I personally ground out all the reps and I have 1000's of the lesser coins. You only need 90 a week which is only a few dailies during a week when you have time. Not the grind of 50+ quests a day.
90 tokens is 45 daily quests. Most (possibly all?) daily quests reward 2 lesser charms of good fortune for each daily quest, so saying it is not a 50+ quest grind is true but only by 5 quests.

I've said that I hate the daily quest reputation grind and your response is that I only have to do 45 of them/week if I want to earn coins for extra loot chances. That's 2 hours of LFR vs. like 8 hours of daily quest reputation grinding.

Quote:
I'm not trying to talk you into staying in the game. I just dont agree with the assessment that Rep grinding is a requirement to progress.
I didn't say you HAVE to complete daily quest reputation grinds to progress. I said that if you refuse to do the daily quest reputation grind, then you only get 2 hours of POSSIBLE progress because valor points that are intended to give causal players a way to slowly progress through the game to earn raid gear even if they don't want to do formal raiding are not usable.

You aren't arguing against my assessment. You are confirming it and then arguing against a summation I didn't make.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #16
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

Blizzard is selling the standard version for $19.99.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #17
Mr. Lake
Developer

Quote:
I didn't say you HAVE to complete daily quest reputation grinds to progress. I said that if you refuse to do the daily quest reputation grind, then you only get 2 hours of POSSIBLE progress because valor points that are intended to give causal players a way to slowly progress through the game to earn raid gear even if they don't want to do formal raiding are not usable.
That's not entirely true...

For factions like The Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, or Shado Pan, you have to grind to exalted status to recieve new quest chains that complete the story arcs for those groups. It's a bit of a pain, but they do a decent job of rewarding you with a free 489 item at the end.

Honestly, I'm "ok" with the dailies. What I don't like is the inability to choose the daily quests that are the most entertaining. For example, I'm already exalted with Serpent Riders, and I'd still do dailies with them everyday if I got to do the race instead of having to fly all the way there from the Vale to see if the quest is up. They could impose a token limit for how many dailies you can run per faction so people can't earn more daily rep than they're allowed.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #18
vallor
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimbrel View Post
What is the WoW RTM CE?
The original collectors edition from 2004. RTM = Released to Manufacturing, or "gold" version of the game. WoW vanilla? With a game that has expansions it can be tough sometimes to refer to the base game as it was originally released.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #19
bean19
Butt Stallion

@Mr. Lake - I get that some people don't mind daily quest grinds. Firelands also had good item rewards for people who liked doing it. . . I'm just not one of those people. If they gave us tabards so that we had the option to earn reputation through heroics and scenarios instead of ONLY through daily quest grinds, then they would let me progress for more than 2 hours/week doing what I enjoy doing.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #20
Whimbrel
Subhuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
The original collectors edition from 2004. RTM = Released to Manufacturing, or "gold" version of the game. WoW vanilla? With a game that has expansions it can be tough sometimes to refer to the base game as it was originally released.
Ahhh. I was trying to figure out the RTM part. I actually had that collector's edition. It was my first install copy. I ended up selling it on Ebay a few years back, but I don't think I got more than $75 bucks for it at the time. I hope it made somebody happy.
Whimbrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collector's edition, mists of pandaria, mmorpg, world of warcraft