The Witcher 3 at...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 11:30 AM
1 Replies, 485 Views
» Promotion

Old 07-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #21
divinechaos
Plays Rock Band naked

And I get what the Chimpbot is saying and I kind of agree. But this movie hasn't come out yet and the last Batman movie was pretty damn good so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Also, what plot holes were ya talking about in Dark Knight? I'm gonna be watching it again so I'd like to have something to look for.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #22
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinechaos View Post
So I should treat Twilight as an Oscar winner movie? Got it.
Thats not the point I was making.

The point was essentially, the formula Nolan has taken with this movie works with people, and people apparently enjoy it. If they didn't, and the movie was a flop, the box office would show that.

The same goes with Twilight, apparently people like it, so it must be working for them. It just isn't a movie I will plan on seeing. But Batman, I took the day off for it (well that is the #1 reason for that day off, gf thinks I am going to be helping with her sisters wedding, nope, took off for batman.)
Old 07-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #23
Chimpbot
King Ghidorah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
I dont think what he understands what he is asking, he is actually getting, and that he is jumping to conclusions on something that isn't already out.

Batman is the most "real" superhero. And is the Batman Noire, Bane is actually a perfect villian. Most just associate Bane with his physique, which is fair seeing most people judge by look first. But Bane is actually a genius. His physique is actually second to his brain. This is perfect for Nolan's Batman, he doesn't have to explain or go the route of explaining Venom to them. Or any of that comic book crap, that he can just go in and show that Bane is a genius. It makes sense.
No, I get what exactly I'm asking...so, please, don't try talking down to me.

I already alluded to the fact that Bane is a a genius; he was Batman's equal in every way. What pushed him over the edge was venom, because it could make him physically superior. Nolan's version is...what, exactly? A bit stronger? A better fighter?

While I understand Batman as a person is the most realistic of the super heroes...everything other than the man simply isn't. He's had his back magically repaired. One of the latest Batmobiles can fly. He was sent back in time thousands of years and managed to crawl his way back to the present. He has access to technology well beyond the scope of reality at the drop of a hat. He's essentially a one-man army.

I'd just like to see the movies embrace this aspect of the character a little more. Doing so, I might add, does not mean it will immediately become what the Schumacher films were.
Maybe Nolan will surprise me; the film does appear to have the flying Batmobile, after all.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #24
PSPfreak
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
No, I get what exactly I'm asking...so, please, don't try talking down to me.

I already alluded to the fact that Bane is a a genius; he was Batman's equal in every way. What pushed him over the edge was venom, because it could make him physically superior. Nolan's version is...what, exactly? A bit stronger? A better fighter?

While I understand Batman as a person is the most realistic of the super heroes...everything other than the man simply isn't. He's had his back magically repaired. One of the latest Batmobiles can fly. He was sent back in time thousands of years and managed to crawl his way back to the present. He has access to technology well beyond the scope of reality at the drop of a hat. He's essentially a one-man army.

I'd just like to see the movies embrace this aspect of the character a little more. Doing so, I might add, does not mean it will immediately become what the Schumacher films were.
Maybe Nolan will surprise me; the film does appear to have the flying Batmobile, after all.
Well if it's BANE alone you're having a problem with (which, come on, we all know it's not at this point), at least wait until the film comes out. And while I understand your perspective, Nolan is a master at taking these types of things and making them look plausible. Let's be honest... a human being doesn't need what venom does to make them ridiculously insane and Bane doesn't even need to be as big as that to post a serious problem for Batman. And maybe that is why it's good that this franchise is ending with Bane; it's obvious that Bane (whether it be at the beginning or end of the film) puts Batman out of action so the act that the character is known for will be achieved, but maybe it's not breaking bis spine.

Quote:
I once saw Evil make a post literally saying the movie that makes the most money should win Oscars on principle. >_<
Quote:
I don't believe in reviews.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #25
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
I assume Bane in the new movie will still be using chemicals to gain strength. We will see, won't we. It wouldn't really be Bane without that. That's certainly plausible, given what many people are able to do on PCP and the like. To maximize that effect you'd want to be physically quite strong and then take PCP...

Quote:
While I understand Batman as a person is the most realistic of the super heroes...everything other than the man simply isn't. He's had his back magically repaired.
Dunno anything about that as I don't follow the comics. But people get artificial backs today.

Quote:
One of the latest Batmobiles can fly.
It's not impossible to make a flying car at all, it's just stupidly expensive. Bruce Wayne can afford it. It's not practical, but he's Batman.

Quote:
He was sent back in time thousands of years and managed to crawl his way back to the present.
Yeah, dunno anything about that, sounds dumb. As originally conceived, the character should never be involved in something like this. Chalk it up to Scarecrow-induced hallucination as a retcon if you ask me.

Quote:
He has access to technology well beyond the scope of reality at the drop of a hat. He's essentially a one-man army.
Not beyond the scope of reality, just because the price-point anyone could reasonably afford to have them. Given enough money, time, and engineering staff, you could create most everything Batman uses. An MIT team recently built a piton-style grappling-hook that works like his.

Quote:
So you want it to be even more comic book. Nah, not me. The original character was all about being a realistic superhero. That's the core of the character, and a lot of the things you're talking about here are later additions that aren't true to the theme of Batman.

Nolan's movies are sticking to the theme of near-realism. I'll take that.
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #26
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
I've said this before (and most people don't agree)... Yes. The Box Office doesn't lie. The best film of all time IS Avatar because that is the movie that made the most money. Hollywood is a business first and art second.

Personally, I think the Oscar winner for "Best Picture" should always be the film that made the most money that year. That is without a doubt the film that the highest number of people saw and enjoyed.

They could make a second critics choice Oscar if they want, but for me the Best Picture is the one that made the most money.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #27
divinechaos
Plays Rock Band naked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I've said this before (and most people don't agree)... Yes. The Box Office doesn't lie. The best film of all time IS Avatar because that is the movie that made the most money. Hollywood is a business first and art second.

Personally, I think the Oscar winner for "Best Picture" should always be the film that made the most money that year. That is without a doubt the film that the highest number of people saw and enjoyed.

They could make a second critics choice Oscar if they want, but for me the Best Picture is the one that made the most money.
Wouldn't that be the Most Profitable, instead? I know one person who saw Twilight 4 times, that's not 4 different people.

And would you follow the same thinking for video game awards? Call Of Duty * insert tag here* would be the game of the year for 5 years straight now.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #28
firecut
Evil Dead

After this Batman series is completed there are two things I would like to see:

* Future Batman - Batman Beyond.
* Batman Year One - Batman without armor and a more simple suit with detective work. Not Adam West but something simpler.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #29
PSPfreak
Evil Dead

Quote:
The best film of all time IS Avatar because that is the movie that made the most money.
I'm going to be honest with you. You are SERIOUSLY making me consider dropping Anenome's quote out of my sig to make room for this. This viewpoint is why so many horrible things make so much money nowadays. "Best picture" is not the same thing as "Picture that made most money;" we have artistic and technical aspects that define QUALITY in movies. No offense but you obviously have ZERO knowledge of film at ALL.

Quote:
And once again you are SEVERELY uneducated.
Quote:
I don't believe in reviews.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #30
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
You just described how G.W. Bush became president.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the dark knight rises