19 Replies, 1,326 Views
» Promotion

Old 06-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #21
Gheritt
Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw View Post
Spoilers:
Evac'ing ONE squadmate in front of a Reaper that seconds ago was obliterating whole platoons?
EC was still full of holes.
I didn't notice any plotholes(as there weren't any that I can recall in the original endings) but the extra scenes were there for the stupid people that couldn't understand what happened in the original

So yeah Shepherd had to take a break in the middle of his run to harbinger to stick his squad on the Normandy because that not being directly shown was too much for some people.

The original endings were good, leaving some ambiguity and questions isn't always a bad thing.

The new endings aren't bad but now almost all the questions are answered I feel more "done" with the series than before as it doesn't appear to have anywhere to go anymore.
Gheritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:50 AM   #22
darkwarrior
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheritt View Post
I didn't notice any plotholes(as there weren't any that I can recall in the original endings) but the extra scenes were there for the stupid people that couldn't understand what happened in the original

So yeah Shepherd had to take a break in the middle of his run to harbinger to stick his squad on the Normandy because that not being directly shown was too much for some people.

The original endings were good, leaving some ambiguity and questions isn't always a bad thing.

The new endings aren't bad but now almost all the questions are answered I feel more "done" with the series than before as it doesn't appear to have anywhere to go anymore.
It's not a 2 hour film, its a 6 year, 100+ hour series of games covering one story. It is absolutely not OK to add ambiguity, although that is not what they did, they just created a half assed, bad ending that backfired.
darkwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #23
Roc Ingersol
Evil Dead

The DLC does nothing about the fact that space-kid and his three choices were a bad ending.

This article covers the actual problems pretty well.
Roc Ingersol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #24
Soif
Peon

I know I am a minority on this, but I considered the entire ME3 game to be an "ending". I got to see how the different decisions I had made pan out, say goodbye to some dear friends and meet a few new ones. The last part of the game was just a choice on how I wanted Sherpard to leave his legacy and I was satisfied with my choices and the few glimpses they gave as to the consequences of that choice.
Soif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #25
spdiscus
Evil Dead

I liked both endings (before and after epilogue). I did fall asleep briefly last night replaying the child conversation.
spdiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #26
Murmillo
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soif View Post
I know I am a minority on this, but I considered the entire ME3 game to be an "ending". I got to see how the different decisions I had made pan out, say goodbye to some dear friends and meet a few new ones. The last part of the game was just a choice on how I wanted Sherpard to leave his legacy and I was satisfied with my choices and the few glimpses they gave as to the consequences of that choice.
Really? Because what was the driving element of ME?
Determining who/what the Reapers were and stopping them... Or making friends and making a choice in if the Genophage should be cured or not; or who gets their homeworld, the quarians/geth or both...

The ending of ME3 did not address or clarify the narrative cohesion that drove the previous 99% of the story line. The EC finally corrected that, but just barely. We're still left with a ambiguous narrative shift in the last 5 minutes (now at "15" minute) of the game that still feels like a complete disappointment.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #27
Soif
Peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmillo View Post
Really? Because what was the driving element of ME?
Determining who/what the Reapers were and stopping them... Or making friends and making a choice in if the Genophage should be cured or not; or who gets their homeworld, the quarians/geth or both...

The ending of ME3 did not address or clarify the narrative cohesion that drove the previous 99% of the story line. The EC finally corrected that, but just barely. We're still left with a ambiguous narrative shift in the last 5 minutes (now at "15" minute) of the game that still feels like a complete disappointment.
Maybe you played a different game then I, but in my game I resolved the Quarian and Geth issue, I decided if I should cure the Genophage or not and ultimatlly I found out what the Reapers really were and the price that I would need to pay to stop them.
Soif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #28
Venkman
Evil Dead

Looks like most people did what I did: let others sit through that last mission all over again and just watch them on youtube.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #29
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Can this franchise just die now? It's one of the most overrated series I can think of.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #30
Pluvious
Evil Dead

Still Red, Green, Blue. Sigh. Where's the 4th ending?.. I think I missed that.
Pluvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #31
Windsong
Evil Dead

There were so many other valid reasons to hate on ME3 that had nothing to do with the ending. Like Blizzard, Bioware jumped the shark awhile ago and seems to be not looking back.

Screw em.
Windsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #32
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
Still Red, Green, Blue. Sigh. Where's the 4th ending?.. I think I missed that.
I actually found the 4th ending...

When I was finishing my insane run through last night, I was so frustrated listening to the stupid fucking boy, that I turned around and shot him. This lead me to a different video all together.

It lead him to say "Now, the war continues" and then the video eventually goes to the thing that Liara made for future generations talking about the Reapers. Not much there...

As for the other endings. It really did nothing for me. They said the video would reflect on the decisions I have made, when the only decision I saw represented was the fact that I stopped the Genophage. So it showed Krogan babies. As for the other stuff in there, merely fluff.

For something I was excited about, hoping it would fix the ending, it didn't. I got excited enough to actually finish playing a second time. Sad, but what I can say I gained from it is one thing.

The one thing I gained was getting all the achievements on the second run through. All 1050 points of them. So thanks extended ending for allowing me to fully complete your game.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:30 AM   #33
LoTECH
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soif View Post
I have to agree with you. I was no where near as dissatisfied as everyone else seems to be.
The new endings are like icing on the cake for me, as I chose synthesis. Edi had become very important to me, and as each choice ultimately ended in my death, I wanted to let her live and to give my oldest, still-living friend Joker a final gift.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #34
Pluvious
Evil Dead

To be really honest.. as ending go.. this game does deliver one of the better endings to a video game in a long time. I can't begin to add up all the "WTF?! THAT'S the ending games I've played over the years.. this one did a great job and we can't fault them for not going the extra mile to appease us even further.
Pluvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #35
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
To be really honest.. as ending go.. this game does deliver one of the better endings to a video game in a long time. I can't begin to add up all the "WTF?! THAT'S the ending games I've played over the years.. this one did a great job and we can't fault them for not going the extra mile to appease us even further.
SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell am I kidding, if you haven't beaten it yet, or know the ending, why are you even here...

I am just curious to see what they are going to do with Shepard now, when he took that last breathe, was it just to preserve life for future games like they did with Master Chief in Halo?

Hell, if next E3, they announce Mass Effect 4, I wont be disappointed. This is by far one of the best trilogies out there.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #36
Teh Super King
Subscriber

If this was the ending the first time around I would have been satisfied. I'm just upset that we had to wait till now to get this ending. With what was added I just can't see how they didn't have time to put into the game at launch.

The things they did fix made all the difference. Depending on your choices this ending gave enough of a look into what happened after the crucible that you can easily draw up your conclusions about what happened while the original ending left so many unanswered questions that it was hard to discuss what happened after the game because there were so many variables.
Teh Super King is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, dlc, extended cut, false hope, me3