Today 06:05 AM
9 Replies, 1,008 Views
» Promotion

Old 06-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #41
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
This is EvAv man, the Mos Esiley of gaming sites.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #42
Anenome
Autarchist

Lots of customers are assholes :\
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #43
thatlukeguy
Subscriber

Apparantly the item did sell, but some kind of money cap imposed by blizzard was the culprit. Take with a few shakes of salt of course.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...099880?page=26

http://i.imgur.com/pnsCy.png
Old 06-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #44
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
This is EvAv man, the Mos Esiley of gaming sites. Cut the guy some slack BJ, as he has to put up with us bashing games he or his friends may have worked on, or worse, depend on their lively hoods for. As long as he's not singling out posters I don't mind him calling gamers a bunch of assholes. If he's got no other place to vent, what good are our opinions when we turn around the praise his work? It's a give and take world my friend. Respect the lumps with the laughs.
The man is due his opinion, no doubt. I just don't understand how he could call this exaggerated.

Mr. Lake, I apologize if I offended, but I stand by my post. Lately you seem to hate on gamers a little too much.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #45
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
I fucking love you man. <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #46
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Lol. Blizzard at what point did you ever think this was a great idea? Seriously whomever thought of the ah should be shot. That single person is fucking the very foundation you have been building. With all the shit d3 has headlined im out of fucking popcorn. Just fucking sad
Old 06-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #47
PopoWRX
Oghren's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatlukeguy View Post
Apparantly the item did sell, but some kind of money cap imposed by blizzard was the culprit. Take with a few shakes of salt of course.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...099880?page=26

http://i.imgur.com/pnsCy.png
Sounds like a possible bug. The cap argument doesn't make sense. I hope Blizzard has their legal shit together because it does seem like only a matter of time before they get sued.
PopoWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #48
Primus
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
That was last weeks news. You need to visit more often to keep up.
Nice deflection but you should address his concern, i.e. your news staff and/ or submittal process sucks.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #49
vallor
Evil Dead

Mr. Lake. As a blue name you're not allowed to have strong personal opinions on EvAv, it's always assumed you have some corporate agenda or are fronting for your company. Let this be a warning to all those that might be tempted to identify themselves as an industry professional on this board.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #50
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Nice deflection but you should address his concern, i.e. your news staff and/ or submittal process sucks.
This article is 3 pages long with 50+ comments. I would say that our news submission process is working just fine.

I read the article and the comments -- you read the article and the comments. It killed 3 minutes of your day and probably just as many brain cells.

Works for me.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #51
Azzy
Cthulian

Mr. Lake for president.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:46 AM   #52
RocketMagnet
Evil Dead

Got to kind of admire Blizz in some sick way... they have made a game where people essentially work for them.

I've got no doubt Blizz will make money as people really are that stupid.. Avatar clothing exists so really stupid people exist hence the RMAH will do well. Seriously if your buying
virtual clothing to play virtual dress up dolly you've got too much money.. give it to charity.

I found the game ok for a few levels but good production values couldn't disguise the
tedium of the gameplay nor do random levels = replayability IMO the game just
plays in linked "cells" with no real flow... random levels in RPG's should have died a decade ago IMO.
RocketMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #53
Chimpbot
King Ghidorah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
Lol. Blizzard at what point did you ever think this was a great idea? Seriously whomever thought of the ah should be shot. That single person is fucking the very foundation you have been building. With all the shit d3 has headlined im out of fucking popcorn. Just fucking sad
Ultimately, the idea of including an auction house was a very good one; D2 items were being sold left and right...often through rather unscrupulous sites. Between eBay and countless other independent auction/selling sites, thousands upon thousands of D2 items were being sold for real money. This isn't heresay or conjecture; it's fact. It happened and was an aspect of the game, whether Blizzard liked it or not.

Blizzard simply decided to capitalize on something that had happened already and would likely happen again. A huge part of their playerbase clearly wanted the option to buy items because they were already doing it. The fact that Blizzard opted to offer a clean, safe method of doing so shows that they've paid attention over the years and realized that despite all of the barking they do in their EULAs...people will do what they want. In the case of the RMAH, they're allowing players to do what they had always done and it let's them make a little extra scratch from a game they effectively gave away to a number of users.

You also don't have to touch the RMAH with a ten-foot pole if you so choose; the gold auction house has the exact same items of the exact same quality and it won't cost you a dime. Not a real one, at any rate.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #54
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
The man is due his opinion, no doubt. I just don't understand how he could call this exaggerated.

Mr. Lake, I apologize if I offended, but I stand by my post. Lately you seem to hate on gamers a little too much.
I forgot to thank you for understanding, so thank you!
Quote:
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
Old 06-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #55
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Mr. Lake. As a blue name you're not allowed to have strong personal opinions on EvAv, it's always assumed you have some corporate agenda or are fronting for your company. Let this be a warning to all those that might be tempted to identify themselves as an industry professional on this board.
If April first hadn't already passed, I'd ask Evil to make my name blue for a week just to watch everyone shit their pants.
Quote:
Old 06-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #56
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
You also don't have to touch the RMAH with a ten-foot pole if you so choose; the gold auction house has the exact same items of the exact same quality and it won't cost you a dime. Not a real one, at any rate.
Yeah I agree with Chimpbot. There was a demand and being a business Bliz has moved to supply. No one is forced to use the real money auction house either.

Now obviously they have had their problems launching this real money system, from delays, to what appears to be a lack of clarity on the rules and of course I'm sure bugs and other missteps. The thing is... a lot of people are still using this real money AH despite all of this and I do believe that Blizz will iron out many of the current problems.

Again, no one is forced to use the rl money AH. There are tons of sites that will sell you items, gold, etc in other MMOs that have zero connection to the actual dev. I've read apparently there are still a lot of bots running around the game, which is an obvious problem. However with that said to the people spending real money for this game items.. it should drive down the prices. Now why people feel the need to spend $100 for an item in Diablo 3 I dunno...Did they ever raise level caps in the previous games? That would be like buying an item in WoW for $100 then it becomes useless when they up the cap to 70 (I know they were soul bound and all of that).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome
It [DDoS] may be illegal, but should it be? Where's the actual damage?
VenomUSMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #57
Anenome
Autarchist

Chimpbot:

That's a good point about them creating an AH because real-money sales were already being done.

But, what I find particularly cynical about D3 is that they actually designed the game to essentially force you to use the AH, to drive traffic to it. They're like, hey, let's simply ramp up difficulty, make drops so rare that people have to buy stuff to advance.

It's basically a similar strategy to what some F2P games do, make your ability to advance without giving them money vanishingly small.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #58
Chimpbot
King Ghidorah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Chimpbot:

That's a good point about them creating an AH because real-money sales were already being done.

But, what I find particularly cynical about D3 is that they actually designed the game to essentially force you to use the AH, to drive traffic to it. They're like, hey, let's simply ramp up difficulty, make drops so rare that people have to buy stuff to advance.

It's basically a similar strategy to what some F2P games do, make your ability to advance without giving them money vanishingly small.
This isn't the first time I've seen this argument...and frankly, it just doesn't hold much weight.
The drop rates are really no worse than those from D2; after years of playing that game, do you know how I acquired most of my gear for my mains?

Trading.

The drops my friends and I saw were never all that extraordinary for the classes we played; we were forced to enter the painful world of in-game trading in order to actually gear up.

Back then, I felt forced into trading in order to progress. How is that any different from utilizing an auction house?
Old 06-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #59
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Back then, I felt forced into trading in order to progress.
You never heard of Pindleskin runs?
Quote:
Old 06-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #60
Anenome
Autarchist

Does the fact that Blizz lowered difficulty recently mitigate your response tho?

Tags
diablo iii