Last post by Suicidal ShiZuru
Today 03:31 PM
6 Replies, 577 Views
» Promotion

Old 05-30-2012, 02:43 AM   #21
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
It feels like they got lazy and nurfed the stat allocation to make it less likely you'll get a piece of gear with stats that complement each other. Probably a ploy to drive people to the AH and, eventually, the RMT AH.
It's deliberate, to drive you to the AH and RMT.
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:42 AM   #22
Radiozo
Evil Dead

Hit inferno 2 days ago and its not fun at all anymore. The game is designed so you have to use AH to progress and everything on AH is very expensive so you need to grind for millions and millions of gold to be able to progress in the game. Not my idea of fun.

Also for some reason Blizzard think its a good idea to have low lvl crap loot drop in inferno. Its no fun when you spend a lot of time kite'ing, dying mutiple times, trying to kill an elite pack and it drops a lvl 51 item. Thank you very much.

Game is broken in inferno.
Radiozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:45 AM   #23
Radiozo
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Still playing it and still having fun when I play with friends (not so much alone).

I've had to resort to the AH just to stay competetive at my level in Act 3 of Nightmare mode. Without the AH my 45 Wizard would still be decked out in a lot of level 20 blues because the terrible random matching on epic and even legendary items. It feels like they got lazy and nurfed the stat allocation to make it less likely you'll get a piece of gear with stats that complement each other. Probably a ploy to drive people to the AH and, eventually, the RMT AH.

It is EXTREMELY RARE for me to actually get a drop of anything I can use that is an actual improvement for my level rather than a side- or even downgrade.

BTW, I heard that when the RMT AH comes online it will cost $1 to simply list an item and then Blizz gets 15% of the sales price. I hope if falls over and implodes; I can't get behind this effort at all. I can barely stomach the requirement to use regular AH to maintain parity with your level and mode.
I believe Blizzard charges 1$ for each sale. You dont pay for unsold items. 15% is the cost for transfering money to your paypal account.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #24
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiozo View Post
... Its no fun when you spend a lot of time kite'ing, dying mutiple times, trying to kill an elite pack and it drops a lvl 51 item. Thank you very much.
if im not mistaken Blizzard is aware of this and is looking into ways to balance the item drops appropriately for each mode. I am just on NM and from reading your post(and others) that would piss me off as well. The AH is supposed to be a choice...not the "way". Grinding I get. Its apart of Diablo's nature, but damn near making it impossible to get past even if you grind it out is lame. Especially if its some ploy to get people to use a feature that will turn Blizzard a profit.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #25
Reverend Meta
Evil Dead

Exclamation Building a BESTIAL character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphiuchus View Post
I didn't enjoy diablo 2 because I died sometimes in hell, I enjoyed it for the itemization and character customization. Finding a build that raped face was really fun, and they've sucked that out of the game. They also seem to think that people like dying over and over again in inferno in an endless grind to get shitty loot with nonsense stats so you can sell it and try to make enough gold to buy what you actually need for millions of gold on the AH.

I actually liked running mephisto in hell on an OP amazon or sorc. It was fun. This shit... it isn't fun.

You could say I'm not a fan of what they did with the game.
This is what kept me from dropping the $60. And the "draconian" DRM. I hadn't even contemplated the move towards R$AH.

In a few years, I'll definitely give it a go.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #26
Radiozo
Evil Dead

Yeah in a few years the game probably works correctly. Im done with it for now. It took diablo 2 5-6 major patches and an expansion to get good. I expect the same with diablo 3.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #27
Jotoco
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Meta View Post
This is what kept me from dropping the $60. And the "draconian" DRM. I hadn't even contemplated the move towards R$AH.

In a few years, I'll definitely give it a go.
In a few years the servers will be shut down and everyone will be playing Diablo IV, that will have not only RMAH, but real money character companions, real money plot, real money mounts and real money skills and atributes.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #28
Syl
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotoco View Post
In a few years the servers will be shut down and everyone will be playing Diablo IV, that will have not only RMAH, but real money character companions, real money plot, real money mounts and real money skills and atributes.
Diablo I, Diablo II and Warcraft 3 servers are still up and completely operational. I'm not worried about blizzard shutting down servers.

Hell Diablo II was patched a good 8 years after it launched.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #29
PacerDawn
Subscriber

I was having fun playing it just yesterday. The servers were down when I tried to login to my single player game, and then when I finally got in hours later, I kept getting booted.

Yep, still having a blast!

I'll admit, when you can play, the game is fun. But I can get fun from other games without this online only crap. I'll never buy another Bliz game again, and I usually pick up the games day 1. I hope their new DRM was worth alienating pretty loyal fans.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #30
PacerDawn
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl View Post
Diablo I, Diablo II and Warcraft 3 servers are still up and completely operational. I'm not worried about blizzard shutting down servers.
You don't need a server to play Diablo I multi-player.

Ah, the good old days... *cry*
Old 05-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #31
PacerDawn
Subscriber

And, fwiw, I just read the writeup on Krater over on Steam. It is a crying shame how this is now a selling feature, rather than standard fare on games these days:

Quote:
  • No mandatory connection to an online service: For those who rather stay clear of online gaming and enjoy playing through the campaign in offline mode there is a fully supported single player offline mode.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #32
Anenome
Autarchist

R$AH, coming soon to a WoW server near you...
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #33
Reverend Meta
Evil Dead

Thumbs down Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
And, fwiw, I just read the writeup on Krater over on Steam. It is a crying shame how [ no mandatory online connection ] is now a selling feature, rather than standard fare on games these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
R$AH, coming soon to a WoW server near you...
Enjoying one's game shall metamorph into a war of attrition, and there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Last edited by Reverend Meta; 05-30-2012 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: typo
Reverend Meta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #34
Azrael
Subscriber

and the servers are down yet again... yay!!! *sigh*

Just got to inferno, maxxed out my nephalem valour and was getting rares every couple of minutes. Oh well always next time
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:34 AM   #35
dfr
Evil Dead

I am the point where playing my main is no longer fun. All it is is grinding for loot that is sell able in the AH to then buy stuff. I find that frustrating :-/
Don't get me wrong, i can enjoy a week long grind for an item, but when that item then turns out to have random stats which don't even improve my class i am at a loss of words. I'm in this for the loot and not for the business of making gold and at this point this seems close to impossible.

Starting different classes and playing some public HC is still fun, but i currently have doubts that this game will keep me engaged for many years as the old ones could. Blizzard will improve things for sure, but it seems a lot of the basics are broken.

btw: A good read
dfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:57 AM   #36
steved
Soul Reaper

Trading items via the AH is quite odd, it seems to be way more effective than using your own loot due to the excessive randomization.

At level 44 I just bought a lvl 54 weapon with a "-10 level requirement" for 15k from the AH, doubling my DPS. Note that you don't really need the improved stats yet (I'm not playing at Inferno level, naturally). But it really diminishes the loot you personally get. It's also annoying to sort the flood of loot that drops for worthwhile pieces every 30 minutes.

They want this game to be a "use AH clever" game? Hm. I'm missing more ways to improve your gear by "normal" means. Aka 'playing'.
steved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #37
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

Honestly if your soloing this game, especially at higher levels, your going to have a harder time getting the loot you need(unless you take the easy way and buy it at AH). You have to think about the new mechanics involved in Diablo now... The loot isn't the same for all players. This is freaking HUGE!!!!! What does this mean you ask? This...the more people you have in a party, the more loot that technically drops. Communicate, coordinate, kill, and share the loot!! Next thing you know your Barbarian friend is handing you that leet rare chest piece you needed with +INT and +Crit chance and your trading him the badass looking axe that adds +STR and +VIT!!! Both members are happy and the killing continues. Good times. :-)

Its a different game guys... Its not D2. Wrap your mind around that and you will have a better time. I know most people would like a great Diablo solo experience but its just not that game anymore. The new design is wrapped around multiplayer and its for the best because its a helluva lot more fun with people then without.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #38
Hagetaka
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Seems to be the root flaw here. Such BS, clearly designed purely to generate item-frenzy and drive real-money auctions.

Now, it'll be interesting if at some point there are entrepreneurs able to make a living on item farming. That would be something new (to the West). Somehow I think Blizz will try to design to make that difficult or impossible. Make it so that people will sell items mainly to get the ones they want, with Blizz making money on both sides of the deal.

I generally support digital goods and real money use in games, but this just seems a cynical implementation somehow...
I've said this before. I've already made money from farming items (Diablo 2). A significant amount, to boot. The RMAH is an attempt to harvest a market that already exists. And while I won't be making purchases from it, I hardly see it as doom and gloom.
Hagetaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #39
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADxMrMike View Post
Next thing you know your Barbarian friend is handing you that leet rare chest piece you needed with +INT and +Crit chance and your trading him the badass looking axe that adds +STR and +VIT!!! Both members are happy and the killing continues.
Ah so it's like any other blizzard game where you're forced to play with close friends/guild members or GTFO. I say this because you didn't mention your barbarian friend taunting you with that leet rare chest piece you needed, then told you to go find it on the AH later where he'll post it for money. And, you didn't take his badass looking axe and disenchant it down to components because technically that makes every piece of loot important to you and he can just find another.

No no, you described the perfect scenario which is a clear indicator you're playing with friends you know well enough you could drive to their place and punch them out if they didn't cough up that nice piece of loot for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #40
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
Ah so it's like any other blizzard game where you're forced to play with close friends/guild members or GTFO. I say this because you didn't mention your barbarian friend taunting you with that leet rare chest piece you needed, then told you to go find it on the AH later where he'll post it for money. And, you didn't take his badass looking axe and disenchant it down to components because technically that makes every piece of loot important to you and he can just find another.

No no, you described the perfect scenario which is a clear indicator you're playing with friends you know well enough you could drive to their place and punch them out if they didn't cough up that nice piece of loot for you.

no no, you described the perfect scenario if your playing with a dickhead.... I'm not in inferno. Oddly enough I have paired with random people whom on several different occassions have given me "rare" gear that was aimed towards my class and in return I did the same.

Also if you are going to disenchant some "badass" axe for the components instead of selling it for apparently absurd amounts on the AH then you're foolish to begin with.

So I can only speak for my experience in this aspect of the game and that is that it's not unheard of to aquire gear from random players you are paired with.

Obviously this doesn't address the technical problems the game has however if someone has a problem with the AH they simply do not need to use it (I have not) and while I am not in Inferno yet I have had no difficulty leveling and steady progress without the AH with my character into his 50s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome
It [DDoS] may be illegal, but should it be? Where's the actual damage?
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote