Original Alien Movie...
Last post by Transylmania
Today 02:09 PM
2 Replies, 424 Views
» Promotion

Old 05-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #21
TUT
Evil Dead

This is actually old school. Companies used to handle your mortgage on a move, most don't even think of it now. For example my company use to, if we went out of business during that period, I wonder if the same fate would have happened? The company is paying the mortgage until it sells. They go out of business they stop paying and now you know exactly what the score is, if they don't it just all magically happens. Oh this sucks no doubt, but I wonder if it is all that different then what a lot of companies used to do with relo's? Could also have cost them a pretty penny and bit part of their collapse.
TUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #22
kwolf
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Kingdoms of Amalur was the perfect meld of Fable and Elder Scrolls; I enjoyed every second of it.
Like that time I got to the 3rd or 4th area and had about a million gold and then some guy gives me a quest to polish his silver and sell it for 50g if I do? w00t! Or that time I took down that boss and got an item that was worse than the one I crafted 20 levels ago? Like that time I had to turn my controller upside-down just to get the smallest amount of challenge out of combat? The guy from My Left Foot could rock Amalur on Hard for fucks sake.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #23
sai tyrus
Evil Dead

This is unfortunate. As many have said, I wouldn't be so aloof with my finances.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #24
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUT View Post
This is actually old school. Companies used to handle your mortgage on a move, most don't even think of it now. For example my company use to, if we went out of business during that period, I wonder if the same fate would have happened? The company is paying the mortgage until it sells. They go out of business they stop paying and now you know exactly what the score is, if they don't it just all magically happens. Oh this sucks no doubt, but I wonder if it is all that different then what a lot of companies used to do with relo's? Could also have cost them a pretty penny and bit part of their collapse.
Well, with $100 million from the taxpayers, who's counting cost? I'm sure the taxpayers are happy the governor's been investing their money for them... and losing all of it.
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:32 AM   #25
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Quote:
What the eff? Who trusts someone else to oversee the sale of a home? I wouldn't.
Agreed. I'm having a hard time being sympathetic. What about all the employees who weren't stupid? We don't hear about them.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #26
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
What the eff? Who trusts someone else to oversee the sale of a home? I wouldn't.
Totally agree. I mean it's shitty situation, but I would never trust something like that to my employer. No matter who it was. That's just asking for trouble.
Metal Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #27
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
I didn't want to admit it at first, but now 60 hours in and feeling like I've barely scratched the surface at level 18... I have to say yes. It's a big yawnfest. The biggest problem are those damn fae. They bore me to tears.
Yup. The gameplay was good if a bit easy. The story was boring and after awhile I just skipped the all the talkly bits.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #28
lalarka
Squire

What bloody idiot would let their employer sell their home!?! If you aren't at the close yourself, you deserve to get whatever happens to you. Besides, I'm sure some of these people got a cash out (or conversely had to pay cash in). If you didn't get a check or had to deliver one to the agent acting on your behalf, I'd sure as hell be asking some questions.
lalarka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #29
gobius
Lord

I liked KoA. It was too easy, though. I want a really hard mode.
gobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #30
Anenome
Autarchist

I'd do it only if the employer bought the house from me! Haha. Let them sell it on their own liability.
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #31
Windsong
Evil Dead

Christ, one mortgage is bad enough in Obama's shitty economy. I can't even begin to imagine the hell of having two to pay for.
Windsong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
38 studios