Today 10:17 AM
9 Replies, 623 Views
» Promotion

Old 05-20-2012, 04:54 AM   #21
randir14
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi View Post
wtf is this shit! the kickstarter video for wasteland2 was a nice satire about how big publisher treat small developers. now fargo makes this statement?
why the hell didn't he went to EA in the first place. i can imagin now why the guy ended up on kickstarter, because he is a fucking bad salesman. someone should put up a satire about him, getting fucked all over again, jesus...
It's not like EA is taking control of the game or funding it. Origin is just a distribution platform, the game will also be on Steam (or at least in the beginning they said it would).
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #22
ovi
Dread Lord

i just say its a bold statement to make about EA, no matter what distribution plattform they use.
ovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #23
Nosfaratus_
Dread Lord

I put some cash in Wastland 2, but i hope the put the game on steam also, or i may regret supporting that game. The point here is that a company like EA don┤t deserve my money at the present state. I like steam at the moment because they provide a good client service (an no, they are not perfect). Microsoft digital stores are not trustworthy to, and now blizzard with this DRM stupidity. But the gamer community is very pleasure oriented and they normally just want to play a game at in cost, i can understand that and i am no saint in that matter, but because of this we may be played as fools by some and we are not shaping the market as we would like it to be.
Nosfaratus_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #24
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant View Post
As per usual turning an origin discussion into an origin vs steam discussion. Par the course for the EA defense force.
VINDICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See it's not always my fault. =p
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #25
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi View Post
i just say its a bold statement to make about EA, no matter what distribution plattform they use.
I wouldn't put it past EA to have fine print that they'll remove these suckers from Origin after a year or so unless they start paying rent since they aren't EA exclusives.
Quote:
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
Old 05-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #26
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
I wouldn't put it past EA to have fine print that they'll remove these suckers from Origin after a year or so unless they start paying rent since they aren't EA exclusives.
Stores drop goods in the real world too, y'know. They'll stay as long as they justify their bandwidth.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #27
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Stores drop goods in the real world too, y'know. They'll stay as long as they justify their bandwidth.
You can still buy The Ship on Steam last I checked, and it was a launch title.

Just saying.
Quote:
Old 05-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #28
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
In other words "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah don't insult my favorite corporate overlord". Next time be more transparent up front and people will know to steer clear of any discussion with you.
Exactly what I am saying

Quote:
As per usual turning an origin discussion into an origin vs steam discussion. Par the course for the EA defense force.
As per the usual anything EA does is absolutely evil and wrong no matter the case. Again say what you want about the company that owns and operates Origin however giving 90 days free is good for these developers. When was this ever an Origin discussion? It seemed, per the usual, it was EA is evil and nothing they possibly do isn't for evil purposes (like a business trying to make money the bastards! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockwoodx
They'll probably charge their % for staying up there like the other systems I would assume. Of course after the free 90 days apparently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome
It [DDoS] may be illegal, but should it be? Where's the actual damage?
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #29
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockwoodx
You can still buy The Ship on Steam last I checked, and it was a launch title.

Just saying.
And if you buy it Steam gets their cut for "sending" you that game using their bandwidth just like any other business would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome
It [DDoS] may be illegal, but should it be? Where's the actual damage?
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #30
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
It's not like EA is taking control of the game
Not yet, but I'm sure it's in the small print. This is still the EA we love to hate after all.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #31
drakkarim
Evil Dead

Location: in a van under the I-80 bridge, down by the missouri river
Quote:
we are discussing principles and the extent to which EA completely fails to understand its customer base.
how are they failing to understand their customer base? last i checked, EA's derivative diarrhea has been eaten up by sheeple like its snapple for years.

either way, no worse then the POS diablo3 system. i missed the memo where we were asking for online all the time in our games, didn't stop the sheeple from gobbling up that scat pie like there's no tomorrow did it?

the publishers don't care, because the sheeple bend over and say 'please'.
drakkarim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #32
lockwoodx
Photobomber

This has sparked a shit storm of rage concerning Wasteland 2 because they're considering taking advantage of this deal with Origin.
Quote:
Old 05-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #33
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkarim View Post
how are they failing to understand their customer base? last i checked, EA's derivative diarrhea has been eaten up by sheeple like its snapple for years.

either way, no worse then the POS diablo3 system. i missed the memo where we were asking for online all the time in our games, didn't stop the sheeple from gobbling up that scat pie like there's no tomorrow did it?

the publishers don't care, because the sheeple bend over and say 'please'.
First of all, let me just say that you will not succeed at making "Sheeple" a catch phrase here even though you are trying p. hard.

P. Hard man, p. hard.

As for EA, everyone here has their panties in such a tight wad that: 1) They will never be a spring bride and 2) They let their distaste for EA's other practices cloud their judgement on the quality of their product (Some of which is p. good) and other business activities. Telling companies that have funded their projects in the public eye that, in exchange for the grass roots advertising they achieved, they can partner with waived fees, is not a dick-move on EA's part. EA would be well within their rights to demand the same fees as usual for inclusion in their Origin distribution system regardless of any advertising and public good will these Kickstarter companies have raised. I love me some Steam, but are they offering the same benefit?
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #34
vallor
Evil Dead

Nice of EA to take this "risk" when they can see the popularity of the games they are making this offer to. You can bet your ass that only the premire kickstarters are getting this deal. Wasteland, Shadowrun, and the others that have reached the multimillion dollar mark.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Shooter Game that got kickstarted at only $50k probably isn't something EA is interested in.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electronic arts, evil empire, nefarious plot, origin