World of Tanks - Update...
Last post by brandonjclark
Today 05:45 PM
2 Replies, 274 Views
» Promotion

Old 05-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #21
Tolgar
Evil Dead

Not being random every time was something that did in Titan Quest for me, going through a new character was boring because I knew where everything was.

Randomizing layouts/monster/item placement adds to the replayability. Come to think of it, I don't think the Dungeon Siege series randomized either.
Tolgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #22
Zelos
Zoidberg

Can't wait to play with other Evil players.

Why not Zoidberg?
Zelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #23
Emabulator
iBlood Donor

My wife and I will both be getting this day one on Steam.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #24
Verruckt
Evil Dead

This game is getting a bit too popular for its own good. Guess I'll have to find another Diablo type game to proclaim is better than Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 combined, now.
Verruckt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #25
Elysium
Evil Dead

I agree with the always online Diablo 3 and I'm in Australia where the latency is less than ideal.

The reasons why Diablo 3 is online only are fundamental and perfectly justified. Anyone that can get past their irrational nerd rage can see why.

For those people who can't see past the initial inconvenience at launch, you really are missing out. I'm barely halfway through the first act and Diablo 3's gameplay is just spectacular on every level. If they took the loot aspect out completely, it would still be an amazing game. Diablo 2 couldn't claim this and I really doubt that Torchlight 2 will either.
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:50 AM   #26
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolgar View Post
Not being random every time was something that did in Titan Quest for me, going through a new character was boring because I knew where everything was.

Randomizing layouts/monster/item placement adds to the replayability. Come to think of it, I don't think the Dungeon Siege series randomized either.
Totally agree. I love titan quest for what it is, and the amazing character trees but god damn every time it's the same old world that takes ages to grind through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #27
Strider
Evil Dead

Quote:
You have to play D3 like you play WoW, logged into battlenet. You just don't get shafted when the random people drop out of your dungeon group. And hey, you don't have to pay monthly, which I'm sure they could have easily done, with activision and their COD Elite thing.

This game was NEVER made to be played offline. Everyone just wishes it was.

Regardless of why, the design decision was clear for a long time now. No one wants to shut up about it though. Complain with your wallet and buy T2 when it comes out, or keep playing D3 and shut up already internet!

/wishful thinking in a circlejerk world.
Let's just agree on voting with your wallet AND complaining is okay.
Sometimes someone listenes.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #28
TeeCakes
Nega Gamer

Quote:
You have to play D3 like you play WoW, logged into battlenet. You just don't get shafted when the random people drop out of your dungeon group. And hey, you don't have to pay monthly, which I'm sure they could have easily done, with activision and their COD Elite thing.

This game was NEVER made to be played offline. Everyone just wishes it was.

Regardless of why, the design decision was clear for a long time now. No one wants to shut up about it though. Complain with your wallet and buy T2 when it comes out, or keep playing D3 and shut up already internet!
Smartest post in this thread. Here's an idea for the anti-D3 trollers: DON'T BUY THE GAME.

Problem solved. Pissing and moaning about the game you bought only makes an idiot out of yourself... not Blizzard. They already won buy 'stealing' your money, fools! LOL
Old 05-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #29
Medic454
Dread Lord

I have bought Diablo III and have been pleased with it so far. I understand that a game of this magnitude and fan base is going to have a few quirks in its launch. When it does, I don'y complain or bitch but use the time on other games or, dare I say - Chores, but mainly for playing other games so I don't feel like I've wasted my money on them.

When Torchlight II comes out I will buy it and play the hell out of it. If it crashes or whatever else... I will play other games. Not sure why everyone bitches about it not working 100%. Give Blizzard a break so they can addd more servers or increase bandwidth.

Have a nice day.
Medic454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
torchlight ii